Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty: "Tom, Hey man!"

TB12: "Marty wanna eat?"

Marty: "Yeah man, I'm tryna eat today!"

TB12: "Well, I'm going to make sure you eat cause you're a beast!"

Marty: "Aight bruh, I got my forks and my spoons, I'm ready to eat!"

Lmao gotta love that conversation

If Bennett wants to stay with the Pats he has to work on one thing in particular. His spike...

Thanks for posting that.

If Bennett wants to stay with the Pats he has to work on one thing in particular. His spike...

Absolutely, because BB does not have the tolerance for half-assed, lethargic, effort on the field. He could be shown the door fairly quickly. Get it together Marty, you're better than that. :D

He quickly became my number 1 priority on FA.

Marty and Hogan, man, just great acquisitions, if these guys stay healthy all year and the O-line provides the minimum protection this offense will put up 30+ points every game.

We need to strike a deal with Marty now you sign Marty and Collins top priorities currently.
Blount isnt going anywhere
Hightower and Butler come next
Hightower before Butler.
But man I love Bennet and had the foresight to take him in all 4 of my fantasy leagues all in the 6th roundish area.

"Making plays off the field with the family is as important as making plays on the field".. what a guy.

Blount isnt going anywhere

No doubt Blount loves being a Patriot....but so often, there comes a time when $$$$ loyalty and Blount has yet to cash in like many starting RBs who grab $$$ and security after their rookie contracts.
Blount is on a one year $1.025 mill deal plus reachable incentives of totaling another $750K.
From PatsCap:
700 rushing yards: $50,000
750 rushing yards: $50,000
800 rushing yards: $50,000
850 rushing yards: $100,000
900 rushing yards: $100,000
950 rushing yards: $100,000
1,000 rushing yards: $100,000
1,050 rushing yards: $100,000
1,100 rushing yards: $100,000

Blount has 389 yds after five games ....but with Brady back reinvigorating the air attack, Blounts' yards per game will likely fall some jeopardizing his earning potential. And if Deion Lewis gets on the field....

My point, Blount has a track record of accomplishment and as a solid teammate ....and he should have some leverage when he hits the market.

"Making plays off the field with the family is as important as making plays on the field".. what a guy.

That statement is an important component of why he might less than a full market deal to stay in NE, he noted that management and coaches supported his off field ambitions (the children's books).

After 3 TD's I was expecting memes all over the internet with that statement from Jay Cutler saying that hopefully Tom would make a better use of Marty, something like that.

Good strategic move on his part. Let Gronk be the spike meister. Don't trespass on Gronk's turf.

Gronk is trying to coach him up he is a rookie spiker give him time to develop :D

Fantastic interview makes me like him even more because he is obviously the anti-AHern off the field.

No doubt Blount loves being a Patriot....but so often, there comes a time when $$$$ loyalty and Blount has yet to cash in like many starting RBs who grab $$$ and security after their rookie contracts.
Blount is on a one year $1.025 mill deal plus reachable incentives of totaling another $750K.
From PatsCap:
700 rushing yards: $50,000
750 rushing yards: $50,000
800 rushing yards: $50,000
850 rushing yards: $100,000
900 rushing yards: $100,000
950 rushing yards: $100,000
1,000 rushing yards: $100,000
1,050 rushing yards: $100,000
1,100 rushing yards: $100,000

Blount has 389 yds after five games ....but with Brady back reinvigorating the air attack, Blounts' yards per game will likely fall some jeopardizing his earning potential. And if Deion Lewis gets on the field....

My point, Blount has a track record of accomplishment and as a solid teammate ....and he should have some leverage when he hits the market.
I like LGB probably more than most people here, BUT leverage is NOT something he is going to have much of going into next year, because no matter what stats he ends up having here he is STILL going to be a 30 year old 9 year vet RB in a league where RB's are seemingly a dime a dozen. How much more can expect to get to go somewhere else. If he gets to 900 yds, give him a 20% raise and keep him on a incentive contract like the one you showed.

After 3 TD's I was expecting memes all over the internet with that statement from Jay Cutler saying that hopefully Tom would make a better use of Marty, something like that.

Did he really say something like that? That dude just sucks, and now hoyers about to steal his job.

Edit: i just found it, ya Jay Brady did a better job in one game than you did in three years with him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back