Welcome to PatsFans.com

BenJarvus Green - Ellis Stops by ESPN First - Take

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

BJGE video interview on ESPN's First Take

Can't stand the way Jay Crawford was trying to get a rise out of BJGE when talking about the draft of two RBs in a row...seemed like Jay was digging him trying to get the Law Firm to show frustration,but the class act BJGE was showed he is well groomed against the media as a Patriot.

Glad to have this guy on the team,seems real genuine and is the first real interview I have seen of him...his time for the spotlight is well deserved.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis on First Take - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

Re: BJGE video interview on ESPN's First Take

Huge fan of BJGE, he is often minimized on this board, but he is an excellent north south runner and has never fumbled.. besides that he is a class act.

Jay Crawford is just another mediot azzclown..

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  3. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's only natural to ask him about the two running backs drafted. The interviewer asked one question, with a follow up, about the team drafting two RBs and then moved on - I wouldn't call that grilling. He even complimented BJGE's attitude. Sheesh... so cynical. :(

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

Opinions are like.... everyone has one.

5. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1

BenJarvus Green - Ellis Stops by ESPN First - Take
    By: Derek Havens

Patriots RunningBack,*BenJarvus Green - Ellis, stopped*by ESPN First - Take on Wednesday morning....

6. lurker1965

lurker1965 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +193 / 6 / -11

No Jersey Selected

What's with his mouth?

I don't want to make fun of it and find out he had a stroke or got a facial nerve damaged saving his grandmother from knife wielding crawfish or something.

7. muslimman

muslimman On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BJGE on ESPN

I was lucky to catch this interview yesterday on ESPN's first take.

Link (Through Reiss' Blog)

Quite frankly I was surprised and very impressed by the composure and intelligence of BJGE. Most if not all previous interviews I have seen of BJGE has been post game or locker room and he has always come across anxious and even reserved with his quick answers. I never thought he was slow or dumb... but I never thought of him as a leader either.

I honestly was smiling ear to ear halfway through this interview and would say my opinion of him has drastically changed. He shows an easy going confidence and general Patriot-esque... I think he answered each question perfectly (some credit ESPN and Jay Crawford who surprisingly had some great questions). In the end I see some very promising leadership qualities in him that I did not know he had. Certainly a stark contrast from our previous backs. And once again this could become increasingly important if as predicted we lose our key veterans at the position and bring in the two rookies. Say what you will about BJGEs future here or his football poweress but Im sure glad I caught this interview and that he will be in the locker room for the foreseeable future.

8. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 7 / -29

#12 Jersey

Re: BJGE on ESPN

He appears to be very self-disciplined. I believe he graduated from an all-boys Catholic High School in NOLA or somewhere else in Louisiana where the behavioral and academic standards were pretty rigid.

9. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 1 / -1

YouTube - The Law Firm Of BenJarvus Green-Ellis

There's the interview on YouTube if anybody has the same problem with ESPN videos as me.

I was very impressed. He definitely has his head in the right place, and he has the type of attitude that Bill would love to have 53 guys with. I really like that the new RBs have to beat him out for a job, because I can tell that if they want to be better than he is, then they're going to have to work just as hard as he does, which means that RB corps is going to have a lot of competition, which is great!

10. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +129 / 12 / -0

#75 Jersey

Loved the interview. I need to get a #42 jersey soon.

11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 21 / -13

I've always like this guy and these clips are just another reason to do so. He's definitely a "team first" kind of player. It must have been nice for Belichick to know that he won't hearing any grumbling from BJGE (or Woody for that matter) over the addition of two new backs. Everybody has a chance to get better together or will certainly get a chance on another team.

12. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

one thing i caught i the interview was when asked about his nickname it was "the fans gave me that nickname" so that means sites like this gave him that nickname weall should be proud of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.