PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Affleck Goes off about Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Argo, Gone Girl, The Town. That's about it. Pretty skimpy resume of lead roles in quality films.

....and those 3 were excellent.

Might put Chasing Amy just a notch below. I liked that movie.

Sure, he's had a few good moments but, in the totality, he's more of an embarrassment than a credit to our fan base. IMO
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I have a differing opinion, to which I'm likewise entitled. Simply a case of differing opinions.

Fargo amazing movie... Gone Girl too

To be honest, I never liked Simmons and resent that he has deemed himself the spokesman for Boston fans. He's a jackass.

I am a huge fan of Simmons work yet I somewhat agree with this sentiment, if that can make any sense. The Boston Sports Guy is just an unnecessary nickname for a guy who seems to gush more about the LA Kings than the Bruins in the past 5 years (granted, he's far from a hockey guy in the first place).

I am a huge fan of Simmons work yet I somewhat agree with this sentiment, if that can make any sense. The Boston Sports Guy is just an unnecessary nickname for a guy who seems to gush more about the LA Kings than the Bruins in the past 5 years (granted, he's far from a hockey guy in the first place).

He seems to come across much better in print than he does on TV. I'd probably like him much better if he just stayed focused on writing articles under the guidance of a competent editor.

He seems to come across much better in print than he does on TV. I'd probably like him much better if he just stayed focused on writing articles under the guidance of a competent editor.

Loved his Sports Guy articles.

His podcasts with sports figures are also excellent.

His one with Bird is gold.

Let's just stop already, clearly Roger is wrong about everything except the Patriots are cheaters right? Clearly they deflated the footballs by .2 PSI. That's a game changer amirite? :rolleyes:

Don't care what Ben Affleck thinks one way or the other.

I mean even if you assume Brady did do it the most it should be is a fine. It is such a minor infraction.

I don't agree with him politically, in fact, I think politically he is a complete moron, but I agree with him on deflategate!

Ben Affleck Agrees on DeflateGate, Defends 'Classy' Brady

Ian Logue

Ben Affleck sounded off during his appearance on Bill Simmons' new HBO Show 'Any Given Wednesday' and went on a tirade that most fans in New England likely agree with.

Continue reading...

He's right, but too bad he's drunk

A true buffoon. Billy Burr's rant was a 100% better and he is a much cooler dude. Caveat: The Town is farfing awesome.

Jersey Girl was a good movie. Maybe I'm just a sucker for George Carlin.

I've heard more articulate defenses of Brady, but you cannot deny the the PASSION of the man. And as for his critics. No actor hits it out of the park with every movie that they are in. As an actor, you are lucky if even half your projects turn out well.

Why do people have a problem with Affleck who is clearly a talented guy, and has had some great successes as an actor, director and producer over his long career, to go along with some misses and mediocrities. Now, clearly screwing up his marriage to Jennifer Garner was a massive mistake, but we all make big mistakes in our lives, so be careful when you throw stones. ;)

He sounds pretty drunk to me.

It's tough to take him seriously when he's clearly drunk. Maybe i need to have a few and be on his level and see how i eel afterwards

I don't agree with him politically, in fact, I think politically he is a complete moron, but I agree with him on deflategate!
KD, you think EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you politically is a moron. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back