Belichick Tree still growing strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Belichick buddy Jim Schwartz is the frontrunner in Washington :

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/sit...110VgnVCM100000dc032c03RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Here's what Bill had to say about him :

"Q: Do you remember working with Jim Schwartz from your days at Cleveland and what are your impressions of him as a young coach?

BB: Sure. Jim is a real smart guy, probably one of the smartest people that I've been around. He's one of these guys that can be working on five or six things at the same time and be right on top of all of them. He's a hard-working guy. He knows no hours and no time frame. He's very dedicated. He's a good football guy, a good football mind, a good guy to be around. Again, we had a lot of good people at Cleveland, and he was definitely one of them, and it doesn't surprise me that he's gone on to do as well and have the kind of success that he has. We've had a lot of people in the kind of position that he was in that have gone on to have very successful and productive careers and he's right in there with a lot of other guys that have done that. He's done well. But that doesn't really surprise me, no."

I take it Schwartz runs the 3-4 D? If he gets the job in WAS, there will be only one last team in the NFL that has never run the 3-4 defense in their history - the Bears.

I take it Schwartz runs the 3-4 D? If he gets the job in WAS, there will be only one last team in the NFL that has never run the 3-4 defense in their history - the Bears.

man, too many teams are starting to steal the 3-4 from us...guess BB will have to find another defense to bring into the game....

Titans runs a 4-3 D and I assume Schwartz has a background as a DB coach with Cleveland.
DB's schemes are pretty much the same in both 4-3 and 3-4 Ds.

man, too many teams are starting to steal the 3-4 from us...guess BB will have to find another defense to bring into the game....

LOL now BB started the 3-4 defense. I didn't realize he was that old.

Now thats classic.

Last edited:
LOL now BB started the 3-4 defense. I didn't realize he was that old.

Now thats classic.

No, he didn't start the 3-4, but when the Pats started using it again in 2000, they were one of maybe 3 teams in the league using it, now far more teams use it. That is all that was meant by that statement.

Keep on trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents