PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: 'Outburst' and plane incidents complete fabrications

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 1st 2 years down the road is roughly equivalent to a 2nd 1 year down the road. So 2nd vs. 3rd... really not an enormous difference there, for 4 more games for a guy they use the franchise tag on.

I am going to respond and be done and allow you the last word. We are talking the Raiders, it was a good gamble that the pick would be top 5 if not #1 overall. The Vikes pick is destined to be mid to late in the round. That is a lot of picks differents.

I really don't, I just understand how to separate what I KNOW from what other people are TELLING me I should believe.

And I really don't have a bias against the guy either. Don't like him, but other than the one game last year I never criticized the guy.

I never once dissed the trade, but thanks for telling me that I hated it...

I have always maintained that BB will always have much more information than me and I trust his decision to at the very least be UNDERSTANDABLE (if I had all the information). I am 100% confident that BB does what he -believes- is in the best interest of the team short term AND LONG term.

However just like the 2009 defense didn't get better by trading Seymour, the 2010 offense isn't getting better by trading Moss. Although with Brady leading the way and all the extra talent, I still feel confident that the team can compete just fine.

The Pats traded Seymour for potentially a franchise player since they were most likely confident they were getting a top 5 to 10 pick most likely with a salary cap. There still is a major difference.

Patten, Vrabel, Seau, Bruschi... BB will not sacrifice the team's goals for a player but he sure as hell isn't the cold hearted emotionless robot that you want him to be.

Vrabel was traded away for virtually nothing just to save giving him a million dollar roster bonus. He is a prime example of Belichick making a cold hard decision. Vrabel was worth an $1 million bonus to him.

Patten was brought in to be a tutor for Tate and Price and it looks like he was asked to retire after he did nothing (he decided to retire without even talking to his wife about it which tells me that Belichick told him he was going to be cut, but he would let him retire gracefully). Seau and Bruschi cost nothing and were veteran leaders. It wasn't like he gave them big deals and until each retired, they did start or at least play significant roles on the defense.

The Moss deal was a difficult decision according to BB. If the Lions were making the exact offer I think the scale tips in favor of BB declining. Since it were the Vikings I think it HELPED the scale tip the other way. Never said it was even a MAJOR factor in the decision. Why do you feel that BB doesn't suffer from the same human condition as the rest of the world?

Anyway, let's get away from a minor detail that is moot since by all accounts the Vikings are the only team that were offering anything and this wasn't a case of the Patriots shopping Moss around to the league. Why didn't BB use the Vikes offer as leverage to shop Moss around the league for a potentially better deal.

I can almost guarantee you if the Lions offered a third, Belichick wouldn't have had a problem trading Randy to them. The Vikings were desperate for a deep threat for Brett and they were most likely offering the most if not the only one offering anything.

You weren't there, please don't pretend that Burton's recollection is perfect. Burton wasn't sitting with Raytheon was he?

No, but Burton was on the sidelines when Randy turned his back on the field during the National Anthem week 1 and when Randy interrupted the Special Teams huddle and started calling each guy "N-word". Was he trying to fire the team up? Sure. Was the timing wrong? YEP. Was the language deplorable? Yep.

What are your excuses for that? You have excuses for everything else when it comes to Randy Moss.

Vrabel was traded away for virtually nothing just to save giving him a million dollar roster bonus. He is a prime example of Belichick making a cold hard decision. Vrabel was worth an $1 million bonus to him.

Could have been CUT.

Patten was brought in to be a tutor for Tate and Price and it looks like he was asked to retire after he did nothing (he decided to retire without even talking to his wife about it which tells me that Belichick told him he was going to be cut, but he would let him retire gracefully). Seau and Bruschi cost nothing and were veteran leaders. It wasn't like he gave them big deals and until each retired, they did start or at least play significant roles on the defense.

You know what went on behind the scenes with Patten, nice. I'm done.

I can almost guarantee you if the Lions offered a third, Belichick wouldn't have had a problem trading Randy to them. The Vikings were desperate for a deep threat for Brett and they were most likely offering the most if not the only one offering anything.

Yep, you can almost guarantee it. And Wilfork is a liar too. :rolleyes:

No, but Burton was on the sidelines when Randy turned his back on the field during the National Anthem week 1 and when Randy interrupted the Special Teams huddle and started calling each guy "N-word". Was he trying to fire the team up? Sure. Was the timing wrong? YEP. Was the language deplorable? Yep.

What are your excuses for that? You have excuses for everything else when it comes to Randy Moss.

I have no "excuses". None of that is egregious enough to trade at all costs. Stop trying to find reasons to fit your "malcontent" theory.

Rabble rabble rabble

Could have been CUT.

I will answer this and be done. How is good for him? The Jets or another team might have given him a much better deal if he was a free agent. The Chiefs might have even given him a better deal if he was a free agent. The Pats threw him in as a freebie to the Chiefs so the Browns or Jets didn't sign him. He was in the last year of his deal and probably could have gotten more on the open market.

I will answer this and be done. How is good for him? The Jets or another team might have given him a much better deal if he was a free agent. The Chiefs might have even given him a better deal if he was a free agent. The Pats threw him in as a freebie to the Chiefs so the Browns or Jets didn't sign him. He was in the last year of his deal and probably could have gotten more on the open market.

Can we stop with the saying you will be done and then not being done. When you are ready to be done, don't announce it... just be done.

Anyway I'm glad you have so much insight into the Patriots and why they do what they do. I can't disagree with someone that is privy to such inside information.

Can we stop with the saying you will be done and then not being done. When you are ready to be done, don't announce it... just be done.

Anyway I'm glad you have so much insight into the Patriots and why they do what they do. I can't disagree with someone that is privy to such inside information.

I am done. I was done on Moss and won't say anything else on it in this thread. The Vrabel trade was just a different subject and I am done on that too.

Not saying he wasn't. But the Pats were looking at a potential top 5 pick in this year's draft for Seymour. That is a steal for him. The Pats got a third for Moss and a seventh which isn't exactly a great deal if Randy isn't severely declining in talent or being too big of a problem to keep. The guy was a top WRs last year.

Right, but so was Brandon Marshall, and yeah, he fetched much more, but hes also worth much more, because hes younger, and the trade included a long term contract.

Santonio Holmes got traded for a 5th. Braylon Edwards for a 3rd and 5th. Boldin got a 3rd and a 4th.

Considering Moss got traded after the 4th game of the season, and is considerably older than these guys, I don't think its out of whack at all. Its less than I wanted, but I don't think its crazy. You can't just assume that Jerry Jones getting fleeced by the Lions is the normal return on a receiver.

Vrabel was traded away for virtually nothing just to save giving him a million dollar roster bonus. He is a prime example of Belichick making a cold hard decision. Vrabel was worth an $1 million bonus to him. .

I don't believe that at all. I believe Vrabel was traded because giving him to the chiefs was a better thing to do than cutting his ass outright.

Okay ... I'll stick this question in here >>> because we have enough Moss threads already.

What happens if Moss is a decoy WR for the Vikings. :confused2:

Okay ... I'll stick this question in here >>> because we have enough Moss threads already.

What happens if Moss is a decoy WR for the Vikings. :confused2:

Then that means that he really has lost more than just one step.

Then that means that he really has lost more than just one step.

Naw, all the Viking WRs are just Decoys. Brett doesn't want his guys running routes out there, can't Gunsling when guys are open.

I thought this portion of BB's presser was the most telling:

If it wasn’t about Randy being a bad teammate or contract issues, was this just about the offense wanting to go in a new direction?

"It was a combination of factors. There was no one thing. It was a combination of things, and in the end, we felt like what we did what was best for the football team. And again, another part of it was just the personal relationship with Randy. And in talking to him, some of the feelings and things that he expressed that he and I talked openly about, when all was said and done and it all was put together, I felt like that was the best thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes