PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears commit to Kyle Orton, so no Cassel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orton and Grossman remind me of Losman and Edwards of Buffalo. I dont like to make fun of players, but these 4 QB's suck it hard. I doubt either team wins more than 5 games next year if they dont get new QB's.

I still laugh like a ****** thinking of that game early in the season between Tampa and Chicago when Orton throws an INT 5 feet away to a rushing Tampa DL, LOL>.

Last edited:
Rodgers is better.

Maybe. Rodgers played better, but also had vastly superior wide receivers. Greg Jennings vs Marty Booker...hrm.

Seriously, not a single WR on the bears would even make the Patriots...except for maybe Hester, and he wouldn't make it as a WR. They're awful. Worse than when the Pats had Caldwell/Gabriel/etc.

I still laugh like a ****** thinking of that game early in the season between Tampa and Chicago when Orton throws an INT 5 feet away to a rushing Tampa DL, LOL>.

And I still laugh about when Cassel threw a pick directly at Jason Taylor...like 5 feet away. Players make stupid plays. Even good ones.

And I still laugh about when Cassel threw a pick directly at Jason Taylor...like 5 feet away. Players make stupid plays. Even good ones.

Taylor was downfield.

It is apparent that the Bears are one of those teams that does not put alot of money..or emphasis on importance of a QB - No way were they EVER going to pay Matt what he is expecting or do any type of trade

The Bears have been mediocre for this reason for quite a while now ... as far back as when Ditka was there,and even then McMahon was not exactly HOF material

The Bears organization always revolves around the defense side of the ball,especailly at LB where they have been always stocked of talent - The offense not so much

Last edited:
Maybe. Rodgers played better, but also had vastly superior wide receivers. Greg Jennings vs Marty Booker...hrm.

Seriously, not a single WR on the bears would even make the Patriots...except for maybe Hester, and he wouldn't make it as a WR. They're awful. Worse than when the Pats had Caldwell/Gabriel/etc.

Its almost impossible to judge a QB and WR independently of each other.
Most 'good WRs' are good because they put up #s in a system and with a QB that led to that.
TJ Houshmanzadeh, for example, is a product of having Palmer at QB, a passing offense, and Chad Johnson on the other side. Fans all over are acting like he is an instant superstar as a FA and he will be a disappointment. If he had played in Chicago all these years, he would be part of the riff-raff WR corp in Chicago that everyone says is awful.
Jennings, drafted by Chi not GB, would be the reason you say Orton is underrated, instead of the reason you say Rodgers is overrated. In other words, he would have decent but not great #s and be preceived as the problem not the solution.

TJ Houshmanzadeh, for example, is a product of having Palmer at QB, a passing offense, and Chad Johnson on the other side. Fans all over are acting like he is an instant superstar as a FA and he will be a disappointment.

Agreed. But add Housh to Moss and Welker, and he continues to look good. Stick him in Minny with Rosenflies and he'll likely disappear.

TJ can command double teams and can catch passes over the middle. Pretty much what we need to compliment the others, but he'll probably need too much money to do so. Gaffney is a better option on the value scale, unless we draft a WR (yikes).

Even IF the Bears are not interested in Cassel, it would be stupid of them to say so. If you think about it, the Bears are living in the QB starved NFC "Norris" Division. So it would be in their best interest to at the very least fein interest in Cassel just to drive up the price for division rivals Detroit and Minnesota.

Minnesota appears to have lost their minds with the Sage trade. But they have a top ranked defense, and the best RB in the league. Adding Cassel should be a "no-brainer" for them.

Detroit needs a QB, or as the Swartz aptly put it in his opening press conference, "we need to find a replacement for Bobby Lane"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call