PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make that picture, don't blame me.
Plus, don’t take the picture literally…. It’s just a tribute to the Jets suckage, that’s all. Fireman Ed hates it too.

Amused by the idea ;) but could've substituted "cancer" with something less offensive

The Eagles are a dumpster fire at risk of a 2 win season.

Nah, they're not *that* bad. They need some continuity on the OL, and they need Bradford to shake off a year-plus worth of rust, but once that happens they'll probably be the best team in their division. I think they beat the Jets this weekend.

Plus, don’t take the picture literally…. It’s just a tribute to the Jets suckage, that’s all. Fireman Ed hates it too.

There's nothing wrong with the picture. It's just a riff on "kill me now". If people can't handle it, that's an issue with their maturity, not yours.

Last edited:
So, how many games can these Jets win playing this way?

“Hopefully 20,” Pace said with smile.

Huh? This is hilarious. It takes 19 games to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl not 20. Is he assuming the pats take the division again and get the bye? In that case the jets wouldn't be undefeated. What an idiot.

I imagine he's alluding to the idea that they can tie the Patriots 21-game streak? o_O

Last edited:
Basically, two other division winners would have to go 16-0 (on top of the Jets) and win the byes via tie-breaker, forcing the Jets to play on Wild Card weekend.

But this is impossible now this year, since the only teams outside the AFCE that are 2-0 (Cincy and Denver) play each other this year, only one of them could possibly go undefeated. Guess the Jets will just have to settle for 19-0, the poor bastards.

You are obviously forgetting all the wins they piled up this past spring; that is always the Jets' best season.

/sarcasm off

"I didn't make the picture" is weak.

I just don't think that people who have cancer, or have loved ones with cancer, or those that have died from it, think it is humorous. You could have made a better choice to try to be funny on a message board, IMO.

Jets might be an okay team. Obviously my only criticism is that offense. I just don't believe that it will be good enough to snag a wild card even if they have a few nice weapons. But considering the state of the conference anything is possible. It's a tiny sample size but they didn't do much against a decimated Colts secondary. They struggled for much of the game.

On the plus side their defense is very good and they have a decent coach who isn't a buffoon. But they are not in the Patriots league and it's cute seeing their fans and media already getting their hopes high that they'll knock off the Pats.

Using the Colts as a measure of the strength of your defense is a rather iffy proposition.

There's nothing wrong with the picture. It's just a riff on "kill me now". If people can't handle it, that's an issue with their maturity, not yours.

"Kill me now" is all about "end my misery". "Give me cancer" is not the same...in fact quite the opposite.

"Kill me now" is all about "end my misery". "Give me cancer" is not the same...in fact quite the opposite.

The point of either is that the death/sickness is preferable to watching the game. So, yes, it's a riff off the same idea and, no, it's not 'quite the opposite'.

Jets might be an okay team. Obviously my only criticism is that offense. I just don't believe that it will be good enough to snag a wild card even if they have a few nice weapons. But considering the state of the conference anything is possible. It's a tiny sample size but they didn't do much against a decimated Colts secondary. They struggled for much of the game.

On the plus side their defense is very good and they have a decent coach who isn't a buffoon. But they are not in the Patriots league and it's cute seeing their fans and media already getting their hopes high that they'll knock off the Pats.

They get to be even better when they get to use picks that should have been swapped or forfeited if the Omissioner had a consistent discipline policy that also included the Rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back