PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB rips Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Trying to kill him"? Jesus, honey, you really do need that dark chocolate...

Kidding, sweetie...being facetious.

Dunno what needing dark chocolate means, though, to tell you the truth.

Troll says what

Label me a troll, and then conveniently ignore my relevant content. Excellent strategy. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Does it not "look like" Brady was trying to "take out" Ed Reed in last year's Championship game. Funny how nobody will even respond to that.

Label me a troll, and then conveniently ignore my relevant content. Excellent strategy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Troll responds how

Troll responds how

Do you think it looks like Brady was trying to "take out" Ed Reed in last year's Championship game, or otherwise trying to inflict injury upon him? How does that look to you?

I got one word for you . TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I got some words for you too.

What words do you have for this?

brady-ninja-1-20-131.gif

I'll tell you what I think about this after you do.

Go away?

Does it really matter to you?

What do you expect in a Patriot forum?

Don't you have something better to do with your life or could you try to contribute?

And, what kind of name is uncle Meat, because it really does sound wrong.

Go away?

Don't you have something better to do with your life or could you try to contribute?

I'm TRYING to contribute, but you're all a bunch of meanies. I'm trying to make a point here. Can you recognize what it is?

Just trying to have a discussion, but I guess I'm wrong because you don't like me...or something like that.

brady-ninja-1-20-131.gif

I'll tell you what I think about this after you do.

I see Reed jumping and landing on Bradys arm while no. 99 is jumping and landing on Bradys knees. That is an assassination attempt in my eyes.

Welker better have his head on a swivel out there. I'm not sure at all that the Seahawks are going to mind a pass interference penalty when Welker comes even close to picking them.

Belichick thought this through. He's going to have half the country agreeing with him by 7:30pm next Sunday.

Go away?

He has uncle Peyton's meat up his ***** , that is what it means

head-up-ass.gif

Label me a troll, and then conveniently ignore my relevant content. Excellent strategy. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Does it not "look like" Brady was trying to "take out" Ed Reed in last year's Championship game. Funny how nobody will even respond to that.

I don't think you are a troll for daring to critique a Patriot but let me explain why I think you're wrong about the Brady slide. Brady's leg up move was a reflex defensive reaction to the oncoming Reed. It wasn't a designed or IMO deliberate attempt to make violent contact. That doesn't make what Brady did ok but it was not the same thing as Welker's intentional collsion with Talib.

Having said that BB and some Pats fans are being drama queens in making it look like the taritorous Welker took out Talib's knees like a loan shark's enforcer. :rolleyes:

I have always though that pass interference depends on if the contact was before the ball arrived, at the same time that the ball arrived, or after the ball arrived. There are ONLY 3 possibilities.

Thus the whole issue of "NEARLY simultaneous" is bizarre. How much time constitutes "nearly" and who decides that?

Where is the idea of "nearly simultaneous" discussed in any rulebook?

I understand saying that "it was close enough that you can understand how the refs missed it, at full speed, and without replay"

But they still missed it and now in reviewing it have made up the "nearly simultaneous" explanation on the spot, to keep from admitting that a mistake was made.

And no, I don't think Wes did it on purpose, but there is no way that play is not offensive pass interference.

I see Reed jumping and landing on Bradys arm while no. 99 is jumping and landing on Bradys knees. That is an assassination attempt in my eyes.
I think bradys trying to trip him, thats all. Theres no intent to injure,its not the same as welkers hit on talib. Welker aimed to take talib out with a pretty vicious hit. So uncle meat can go play with his meat.

I don't think you are a troll for daring to critique a Patriot but let me explain why I think you're wrong about the Brady slide. Brady's leg up move was a reflex defensive reaction to the oncoming Reed. It wasn't a designed or IMO deliberate attempt to make violent contact. That doesn't make what Brady did ok but it was not the same thing as Welker's intentional collsion with Talib.

Having said that BB and some Pats fans are being drama queens in making it look like the taritorous Welker took out Talib's knees like a loan shark's enforcer. :rolleyes:

Thank you for actually responding to my content.

I never made a serious critique on the Brady play though. I think that Brady was trying to protect himself, or that explanation seems reasonable enough to me...and it LOOKED absolutely horrible. That's why I compare it to the Welker play, because I think it's the same deal. Yeah, it was a pick play designed to make some sort of contact if necessary...and it LOOKED absolutely horrible.

I believe that the pick play backfired and the violent collision was accidental. Welker was trying to protect himself too, just like Brady...although I don't think what Brady did was really necessary to protect himself, only he may have thought it was. Welker braced himself for impact when the designed play broke down. The plan was just to knock Talib off pursuit, not to violently collide with him. Again, Welker could be the guy at the raw end of that deal. They just both tried to go the same direction and collided. Welker was just more prepared because he knew he was running a pick.

You can't read nasty things into one play and take the other at face value...unless you are completely biased, that is. Brady gets the benefit of the doubt in Pats-homerland, but Welker is public enemy #1. My point.

The play wasn't designed for Welker to launch himself against Talib or anything of the sort, nor was Brady really trying to hurt Reed...no matter what it looked like. Things happen incredibly fast out there, and there is only a split second to react.

The fact is if Wes was a Pat and Talib was a Bronco and this happened we would be praising his toughness. Wes made a great play there, we have to get over it (we have Amendola, whoops he just tore his groin getting out of bed)

The fact is if Wes was a Pat and Talib was a Bronco and this happened we would be praising his toughness. Wes made a great play there, we have to get over it (we have Amendola, whoops he just tore his groin getting out of bed)

I'm going to say this again since it rarely gets through.

We would probably be praising his toughness. But...

...over the years, we've seen Bobby Wade take out Rodney Harrison's knee, we've seen multiple hits like this.

The NFL is now protecting players fro hits like this.

It's a reckless play no matter what you say since illegal pick plays are rarely if ever carried out by veering with a cross-body-block into a CB in pursuit.

If this is now allowable, then the NFL can't complain when a defensive player protects himself by using all his force to clobber a WR. Sure the NFL can throw a flag, penalize, fine the guy, but it can't say the defensive player has any other recourse.

I'm going to say this again since it rarely gets through.

We would probably be praising his toughness. But...

...over the years, we've seen Bobby Wade take out Rodney Harrison's knee, we've seen multiple hits like this.

The NFL is now protecting players fro hits like this.

It's a reckless play no matter what you say since illegal pick plays are rarely if ever carried out by veering with a cross-body-block into a CB in pursuit.

If this is now allowable, then the NFL can't complain when a defensive player protects himself by using all his force to clobber a WR. Sure the NFL can throw a flag, penalize, fine the guy, but it can't say the defensive player has any other recourse.

How about a WR trying to throw a pick and you level him instead.

The fact is if Wes was a Pat and Talib was a Bronco and this happened we would be praising his toughness. )

And you know this how? Do you have some alternate reality/time machine that you've referenced?

I was absolutely disgusted when Bang Clock head-speared Todd Heap, and actually didn't want the Pats to win because of it, I know plenty of posters felt similarly.

The game is over and we lost but please don't tell me it was a legit play, just admit that it was a bad non-call and we'll move on.

How about a WR trying to throw a pick and you level him instead.

It's pass interference. And dangerous. A bad play, as Belichick said.

But I'm not sure what you can ask a CB to do at that point. It's kill or be killed.

And you know this how? Do you have some alternate reality/time machine that you've referenced?

I was absolutely disgusted when Bang Clock head-speared Todd Heap, and actually didn't want the Pats to win because of it, I know plenty of posters felt similarly.

The game is over and we lost but please don't tell me it was a legit play, just admit that it was a bad non-call and we'll move on.

I don't know how I would've reacted but I think Salem is right that I wouldn't have lost sleep over it, and I think the majority of Patriots nation would be OK too. Remember Rodney Harrison?

That being said, this whole thread is really about Bill Belichick. Was Bill right to say what he said?

From a coach's perspective, it's totally right. He's not a fan--he can't be called a hypocrite on this. He thinks it's reckless to go on a kamikaze mission as Wes did. He doesn't coach his players to do it, and I bet he generally thinks it shouldn't be done at all. That's why he called it one of the worst plays.

So, in that sense, Salem's point is irrelevant. Belichick actually did speak out on this in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes