PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB rips Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone forwarded that to Prisco and Breer. Because they are both adamant that Edelman launched himself. Yet I thought a launch was when you leave your feet to hit someone.

They were also trying to compare Welker and Edelman's. Only thing is Edelman executes a proper block whereas Welker executes an illegal pick.
Straight from the NFL Rule Book:

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(3) Illegally launching into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (i) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (ii) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/‖hairline‖ parts) to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2013 - Rule Book.pdf

Found on page 74 of 120.

Edelman did neither.

Thats the thing, its not Denvers fault the Pats have their #1 guy playing injured or made of China..This is Football. Pats made bad personnel decisions and came back to bite them in the ass. As talented as Talib is , he needs to go if hes always out when we need him the most....And yes, then some will say, well he was cheap shotted out, ......but only because hes so fragile to begin with

Words escape me.....

Find it hard to believe Wes was attempting to injure considering his very recent concussion issues, why risk being out of a SB Game?
Because the coaches told him to do it. It was a designed play.

Fact is, Welker is built to play Football and Talib is built for Bowling.Agree it was a pick play and most know you only need to blow on Talib and hes done.
:doh:

im not gonna cast Welker as a villain. he was a great player for us and if he made that hit for the pats, none of us would be complaining

BS, I thought Chris Jones tripping Luck and Cannons leg whip on Johnson were both crap.

I have two cheap tickets available to the Wes Welker Patriots Hall of fame induction ceremory. PM me. All offers will be considered.

Because the coaches told him to do it. It was a designed play.

:doh:

lol, and just like videotaping, most teams all do the same...if Talib wasnt/isnt so damn injury prone, everyone would be complaining against the Refs, but since it took Talib out (which could have happened later in the game anyways considering hes so soft) its a big controversy.Can you honestly say you were surprised Talb got injured?

Trust me, I`m as disappointed as any fan to not be going forward, but its almost comical, with how that play happened to be so damaging to our chances. I never felt the Pats were built for a SB run from day one....Was not impressed at all with the offseason moves and lackthereof.

I have two cheap tickets available to the Wes Welker Patriots Hall of fame induction ceremory. PM me. All offers will be considered.

Won't happen. Fan vote will hopefully kill it.

lol, and just like videotaping, most teams all do the same...if Talib wasnt/isnt so damn injury prone, everyone would be complaining against the Refs, but since it took Talib out (which could have happened later in the game anyways considering hes so soft) its a big controversy.Can you honestly say you were surprised Talb got injured?

Trust me, I`m as disappointed as any fan to not be going forward, but its almost comical, with how that play happened to be so damaging to our chances. I never felt the Pats were built for a SB run from day one....Was not impressed at all with the offseason moves and lackthereof.

Really, Do most teams instruct their recievers to run into DBs on rub routes?

how are they the same ? the ball is not in the air ..

Your guess is good as mine. Prisco was basically having a meltdown on twitter about it. Even said Edelman left his feet basically insinuating that Edelman's hit was as illegal as Welker's. Yet as we see in the gif Edelman never left his feet and executes a text book block. Whereas Welker's intention was to crash into Talib.

Belichick never says or does anything without a reason.

The way to stop a WR going full speed into your DB on a pick play?

Blow up that WR.

There's a very calculated intention behind Belichick's words.

I also appreciate the hockey references to goon tactics. Just like goons protect the star center from dangerous hits in hockey, you have to protect against people taking out your top CBs who aren't expecting to be blown up.

They are expecting picks, rubs, blocks even, maybe illegal ones before the catch too. But you can't have people running full speed into CBs when they are trying to do their job.

I've been thinking about this, and the way to stop it from happening is to simply blow up receivers coming across the field. You have to clobber them unawares.

Do you guys remember the Pats @ Hawks game last season? Our receivers were getting hammered by the secondary. I seriously think Denver's Offense is up for a rough day.

Your guess is good as mine. Prisco was basically having a meltdown on twitter about it. Even said Edelman left his feet basically insinuating that Edelman's hit was as illegal as Welker's. Yet as we see in the gif Edelman never left his feet and executes a text book block. Whereas Welker's intention was to crash into Talib.

Prisco, Breer et all all ******* morons

Really, Do most team instruct their recievers to run into DBs on rub routes?

So I guess in Denvers mind ,he was the least valuable receiver just in case he was the one knocked out instead of Talib?.

Jim Daopoulos said today that there is no rule in the NFL against leaving your feet for a hit. If you leave your feet and lead with the crown of your helmet, that's launching and you can't do that, even if you don't hit the opposition in the helmet. If you leave your feet and hit first with the crown of your helmet, anywhere on the opponent's body, it's a penalty.

I never knew that until I read his tweets today.

So I guess in Denvers mind ,he was the least valuable receiver just in case he was the one knocked out instead of Talib?.

Have you ever seen a receiver do a pick play at full speed? Body block? I never have. I see illegal pick plays all the time, and I get why they are run. I'm just saying that receivers knock into DBs purposely all the time. But they don't throw body blocks, by deliberately veering into the WR, at full speed.

There is a huge difference between the two.

Have you ever seen a receiver do a pick play at full speed? Body block? I never have. I see illegal pick plays all the time, and I get why they are run. I'm just saying that receivers knock into DBs purposely all the time. But they don't throw body blocks, by deliberately veering into the WR, at full speed.

There is a huge difference between the two.

No, thats not it Talib is just soft.........

im not gonna cast Welker as a villain. he was a great player for us and if he made that hit for the pats, none of us would be complaining

I think the uniform Welker's wearing would make a difference in opinion, but that's not really surprising. If Welker was still in NE and made that same hit on a Denver DB (or last year on a Ravens player), some people would say "He got away with one," some would say "It's just football" and a small group would maintain it wasn't a penalty at all.

The media narrative would be completely different, though. Instead of "BB's out of line in complaining" and "The Patriots do it, too," the story line would be "What's going to be done to stop this dirty play?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST