PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB as a GM proved a lot of people wrong, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Not only is he the greatest coach ever, but as a GM he was incredible, just look at what he did the last couple of years to reshape this team (while losing a 1st and always drafting late)

This is who BB has added since 2015

Defense (we were a top 5 defense this year):
D-Line:
Flowers (2015 4th round pick)
Branch (2015 FA signing for 2 yr/4.3 M)
M Brown (2015 1st rounder)
Chris Long (FA $2M)
LB:
Shea McClainen (Cheap FA)
Van Noy (Trade for future considerations, basically nothing)
E Roberts (2016 6th round pick) - him and Van Noy allowed us to trade Collins
Mingo (trade for a 5th and as a Special Teamer was great)

Secondary:
Rowe (trade for a late pick) - this guy was covering Julio in the 2nd half
Cyrus Jones (2016 2nd round pick) - wasn't as impactful as the others, but will be important in the future
-lets not even mention Butler (undrafted FA in 14), re-signing Chung for cheap after he was discarded

Offense:
O-Line:
Thuney (2016 3rd rounder) - he was solid, he started 16 games.
Shaq Mason (4th rounder) - i thought he had a good season.

rb:
Dion Lewis (FA - 2 yr/2.6M) - we're 17-0 with him in the lineup
Blount (reisnged at 1 yr/1M)

WR/TE:
Hogan (FA - 2 yr 12M)
Mitchell (2016 4th rounder)
M Bennet (Trade - 4th for a 6th)
-we saw Cannon have his best year, DA added as a FA and Edelman become a breakout star

This season was the absolute epitome of BB's ethic that "we're not accumulating talent; we're building a team." It's still mind-boggling, the sheer chutzpah of tossing away a Jamie Collins midstream. But they knew what they needed, and ended up with a cohesive, selfless and strong-minded unit.

After White's winning touchdown, watch Blount race in to be the first to embrace him. No positional rivalries, all TEAM.

As an economist, I love his finance ethics and long-term thinking.

Sometimes he is a risky-taker with players, sometimes he is looking for leaders.

How he uses unorthodox ways the fact that there is a limited market.

There's a lot to learn with BB the GM. If he ever retires, I would love to know who was responsible for this kind of stuff. BB can't be the GOAT HC and a great CEO/CFO mind like this.

I'll focus on the draft:

McCourty - Remember when he was struggling at corner and fans wanted him jettisoned? Then do you remember the locker room bid where he praised McCarty and vowed to stick with him? Enough said.

Hightower - Remember when he was learning different positions and was playing well and how some wanted him gone? Remember when someone said he was the worst pick of the Belichick era (yeah, that was said)? Yeah, two key plays in consecutive Super Bowls says otherwise.

Ryan - I've been critical at times. I've also said he is one of the more solid #2's in the league. He proved that last night in the opportunities he had. Jones made the type of catches that a guy being considered the best in the league should make. You can't blame Ryan for that.

White - James White has been a revelation after we wondered if he's ever become anything in this league. Fooled everyone (me too). Someone earlier this season posted that White is better than Lewis. I still don't know if I'm willing to go there, but it's interesting to see ME go to him in crunch time, even before the SB.

Chung - What haven't we said about him? I'll admit that he mostly struggled in coverage in the playoffs this year, bit he completely turned his play around. His game around the line of scrimmage is more valuable than peole realize. Honestly, I think it's a toss up as to whether he or Logan Ryan is the best tacklers in the secondary and even the team.

Flowers - Simply put, we have our DE of the future. If Sheard walks, we're all good. I said he'd have a big game and he did last night.

Harmon - He's very solid and I never fear when he's out there. Remember when Eugene Wilson went down in 2004? Yeah, I do. Dexter Reid and it wasn't pretty.

Shout out to the OLinemen as well. Shaq Mason, though, that kid got dominated. He'll continue to learn.

As an economist, I love his finance ethics and long-term thinking.

Sometimes he is a risky-taker with players, sometimes he is looking for leaders.

How he uses unorthodox ways the fact that there is a limited market.

There's a lot to learn with BB the GM. If he ever retires, I would love to know who was responsible for this kind of stuff. BB can't be the GOAT HC and a great CEO/CFO mind like this.

Probably the mystical Erin Adams.

Shout out to the OLinemen as well. Shaq Mason, though, that kid got dominated. He'll continue to learn.

That's because they ran out of tackles, so they had to use Mason as a T, but he was a natural guard first, playing out of position, in a superbowl nonetheless.

That's because they ran out of tackles, so they had to use Mason as a T, but he was a natural guard first, playing out of position, in a superbowl nonetheless.
Respect. I'm pretty sure he played guard all game. Cannon is our RT and Solder is our LT. Mason was being dominated as a guard.

Lol. Could be.

This is my theory:
I have a long standing theory that Ernie Adam research teams for patterns in plays. Specially what kind of plays happens most in certain kind of formation against a certain kind of Cover.

(Example - Butler interception at the SB.

Lol. Could be.

This is my theory:
I have a long standing theory that Ernie Adam research teams for patterns in plays. Specially what kind of plays happens most in certain kind of formation against a certain kind of Cover.

(Example - Butler interception at the SB.

Big data engine before google invented Hadoop and Mapreduce, there you go.

Big data engine before google invented Hadoop and Mapreduce, there you go.

And now, somewhere in the bowels of Gillette, somebody's doubtless training up a play-calling neural net.

The child of
1390373822046-nasdc5-6d0h4ratn1s51lx2j3u-original.jpg
and
0ap3000000514092_video_player_cp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes