PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: 19-0 or bust...We're going for it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started with the departure of Pioli, McD & Co. of course its hard and we're gonna miss them. But sometimes thats what this team needs. With all this talent our team has we need changes, sometimes at high positions to move forward without thinking 'oh we've done that", etc. We need fresh coaches to motivate the roster and fight within themselves first then for that Lombardi trophy. Can't wait for the draft and see how this season unfolds! Im so psyched.

Denver has a head coach who knows how this offense goes and Denver has always given NE fits so that not a gimme,Neither is New Orleans who could light up our secondary because Brees is a superb QB who finds his guys and last time I looked Carolina has one helluva defense especially if Peppers stays and we all know what destruction Steve Smith can do to a defense. -

In reality I don't see a game where I can say chalk up a victory - Remember when a pathetic undermanned Detroit team came to Foxboro a few years and almost beat them,NOTHING is a sure bet although it surely looks ON PAPER in March like a 12-4 season,give or take a loss.

Looking ahead at this years schedule based upon last years schedule is a fruitless endeavor. With parody being the name of the game in the NFL you can bet several of those teams named above will not make the playoffs and several not named will look much better. Right now we look at the schedule and think that ATL, CAR, MIA, and BAL all look like very tough matchups. If we had looked at the same schedule last year at this time those all would have been chalked up to wins, so from one year to the next its really difficult to guess who is going to be tough.

Dude...

Defend this:

Code:
Galloway   Welker     Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur    Williams   Moss

Faulk
                                    Brady

And that's just one of a million possibilities on an unsettled roster.
We have the personnel for 2 TE's, 3 RB's (hehe - you never know) and all manner of offensive chaos.

If these guys are healthy and on their game, it's not the impression of being the best. It's a fact.

Defense has questions, but its certainly coming together. If Springs, Hobbs, and Bodden play at 3/4 of potential, throwing ball is a much riskier proposition than it was last year.

Colour me stoked!

I'm in total agreement but... who's Williams?

Everybody is looking at Jason Taylor as the next signing but I look for the team to pick up a JAG vet at QB in case Brady has trouble on that leg early on which would not surprise me the least - I dont think O'Connell will be #2 when the season begins and I think Gutierrez gets cut before then so we need a decent backup for insurance just like we need a vet OLB for pocket pressure.

Er...aren't we missing a FB, lead blocker type? Is Russ changing his number?
DW Toys

williams is what makes that so hard to defend.
nobody has any film on him.

By 19-0, he's gotta mean that we're going to win the opener 19-0 with Galloway catching 6 passes for 78 yards. That's how I choose to read it anyway.

It all started with the departure of Pioli, McD & Co. of course its hard and we're gonna miss them. But sometimes thats what this team needs. With all this talent our team has we need changes, sometimes at high positions to move forward without thinking 'oh we've done that", etc. We need fresh coaches to motivate the roster and fight within themselves first then for that Lombardi trophy. Can't wait for the draft and see how this season unfolds! Im so psyched.

I have often wondered how many times Belichick deferred to Pioli when there was not a consensus opinion on a player FA or from the draft. This year Belichick gets to reprove himself ... and you know he just loves the challenge ... he lives for the challenge. I'm excited to see how the draft will unfold. Would Belichick have picked bethel Johnson or Chad Jackson were Pioli not here ... if this draft proves to be great then we'll have a clue to the answer. I say Belichick drafts better without Pioli ... no offense to Scott, it's just that I trust Bill much, much more.

I have often wondered how many times Belichick deferred to Pioli when there was not a consensus opinion on a player FA or from the draft. This year Belichick gets to reprove himself ... and you know he just loves the challenge ... he lives for the challenge. I'm excited to see how the draft will unfold. Would Belichick have picked bethel Johnson or Chad Jackson were Pioli not here ... if this draft proves to be great then we'll have a clue to the answer. I say Belichick drafts better without Pioli ... no offense to Scott, it's just that I trust Bill much, much more.
We can't dismiss the input Nick Caserio will have. He may be just as involved as BB is at this point.

We can't dismiss the input Nick Caserio will have. He may be just as involved as BB is at this point.

Nope. Now, Bob Kraft is the sole Co-pilot. BB runs the whole ship. Thank God.

Personally, it doesn't matter what the record is at the of the season, as long as there's a SuperBowl trophy next to it. :D

Please kill this thread then burn and salt the ground under it.

Thank you.

Yeah kill this thread....no need to talk about how skilled veterans lust to come to this team. This forum needs more threads on the verticle leap of players such as the long snapper from B F U...niversity. I have him as a late 6th rounder.

If we can get in the playoffs at 8-8 then win the SB, thats as good as any other record to me that ends in a SB win.
There is one exception though. After coming one play away from 19-0 and having it end so horrifically, it would be sweet revenge to go 19-0. But I will take anything-anything with a title over a repeat of 18-1, or anything that ends with a loss.

Personally, it doesn't matter what the record is at the of the season, as long as there's a SuperBowl trophy next to it. :D

This is how I see it and after a great draft every team is going to be gunning for us.....not the Steelers.

It is just too hard to win every game as football is football and we all know that. There are too many variable to say a perfect season is in our future but a SB is more of a reality:D

This may be New England's best crop of free agents since 2001. I love the mix of vets they have added to their core players this year. And we also STILL have 4 1st day draft picks to add to the mix. This 2009 team could be really special.

JUGGERNAUT !!! :beatingcoming::woohoo:

There is nothing wrong with this thread or any fan wanting 19-0. Wanting your team to be the best ever is perfecty ok. I'd rather chear for a perfect season, than settle for 15-1, or 14-2.

I don't care about going 19-0. Okay, that's kind of a lie. I just don't think I could handle the post-season anxiety if they had another undefeated regular season.

After the SB That Shall Forever Remain Numberless to Me, I cried. I mean fall down on the floor crying. If my dog was Lassie, it would have called 911 crying. And drank. A lot. My liver still cramps up just thinking about it. I cannot watch highlights of that game to this day, and don't think I will ever be able to. If it happened again, it would kill me. You hear me? KILL ME!

I would be beyond ecstatic with four in the decade, and I don't care how they get it record-wise!

And that is the last I shall speak of 19-0. Good day, sir! I SAID GOOD DAY!

Ahem. Okay, I'm all better now. :D

Last edited:
I will hurt inside until we fix that damn lose. I re-felt the pain when Brady went down. Who cares about our record, just win the Bowl and lets go down as the greatest dynasty ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back