PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: 19-0 or bust...We're going for it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt realize pats had such an easy schedule....jets(qb?) fins(chad....2 decent years in a row?) bills.

Indy,Tennessee,Denver,Baltimore,New Orleans,Tampa Bay,Jacksonville,Carolina,Atlanta, and an improved Houston team

indy? titans ok who else? balt...lost a few good players...not impressed with flacco, matt ryan..BB will eat him alive. both depend on running game.

14-2 to 16-0

if pats had pitt, giants, maybe eagles, maybe cowboys, ok...

I think 11 to 13 wins is likely - IF Brady returns strong

The schedule has a chance to be a brutal one,especially late in the season

19-0 is not realistic

Eh I just want a SB that is sufficient to shut the haters up. I still feel pain everytime I see the phrase 19-0

I cut mine with gin... keeps me sane. I'm optimistic as hell, but I'm not gonna run around squealing 19 and 0, 19 and 0 baby!! :p

Still have some concerns on defense here.

haha, yeah, I know. But once they sign Taylor (really, almost every guy the sanely optimistic on here have thought of has been signed) and draft a couple of guys high (I see us picking twice on day one, not four times), things will look good. Don't forget, at least with a full stable, Bill can scheme to a player's strengths. If Woods had been a presumed starter on day one last year, he'd have had an excellent season, imo.

Also, if this team runs the table, it would be impossible to argue against them being the all-world NFL team of all time. That schedule (based on projections) is gonna be tough. But FUN.

The funny thing is, even if Brady S**KS the first few games, we can still win. We have a power running game with two bruisers and hopefully an improved dancer.

i didnt realize pats had such an easy schedule....jets(qb?) fins(chad....2 decent years in a row?) bills.

Indy,Tennessee,Denver,Baltimore,New Orleans,Tampa Bay,Jacksonville,Carolina,Atlanta, and an improved Houston team

indy? titans ok who else? balt...lost a few good players...not impressed with flacco, matt ryan..BB will eat him alive. both depend on running game.

14-2 to 16-0

You think they have an 'easy' schedule? Thats interesting.

They have the 3rd or 4th hardest schedule out of 32 teams, based on last yr's winning percentage. And your argument about playing the NFC East (Philly, NYGiants, Dallas) is kind of strange since we went 4-0 against them the yr before last

And anyone who seriously thinks 16-0 can be achieved in 2 of 3 yrs, doesn't really appreciate how hard it is to even come close to

Last edited:
The funny thing is, even if Brady S**KS the first few games, we can still win. We have a power running game with two bruisers and hopefully an improved dancer.

Everybody is looking at Jason Taylor as the next signing but I look for the team to pick up a JAG vet at QB in case Brady has trouble on that leg early on which would not surprise me the least - I dont think O'Connell will be #2 when the season begins and I think Gutierrez gets cut before then so we need a decent backup for insurance just like we need a vet OLB for pocket pressure.

Everybody is looking at Jason Taylor as the next signing but I look for the team to pick up a JAG vet at QB in case Brady has trouble on that leg early on which would not surprise me the least - I dont think O'Connell will be #2 when the season begins and I think Gutierrez gets cut before then so we need a decent backup for insurance just like we need a vet OLB for pocket pressure.

Very good point

14-2 to 16-0

Denver has a head coach who knows how this offense goes and Denver has always given NE fits so that not a gimme,Neither is New Orleans who could light up our secondary because Brees is a superb QB who finds his guys and last time I looked Carolina has one helluva defense especially if Peppers stays and we all know what destruction Steve Smith can do to a defense. -

In reality I don't see a game where I can say chalk up a victory - Remember when a pathetic undermanned Detroit team came to Foxboro a few years and almost beat them,NOTHING is a sure bet although it surely looks ON PAPER in March like a 12-4 season,give or take a loss.

Last edited:
I could care less about 16-0 but lets face it ... the AFC has a few elite teams and many bottom feeders ... it sucked going home at 11-5. Barring an injury plagued season that will not happen again. The team has been rebuilt to win with defense again and the offense is the icing on the cake. 4 losses is a worse case scenario ... bet on it. My bet is 13-3 or 14-2.

I like the moves the Pats have made, but I don't look at any free agent as a knock you over "Wow" move like Adalius Thomas in 2007 or Colvin in 2003 (neither lived up to their hype anyway). I don't see the moves like 2007 (Thomas, Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Seau, etc.) or 2003 (Colvin, Harrison, Poole, etc.). I think the team still has weaknesses especially in pass rushing.

I think this team has improved in a lot of areas and Belichick will try to win as many games as possible, but 19-0 is unrealistic and even 18-1 with the Pats not losing the Super Bowl is unlikely. The Pats will be legitimate contenders and could win 12 plus games assuming Brady is healthy.

The Pats haven't even had their draft yet, and they look this good. Assuming that the Pats have a good draft, I'll go on the record with a prediction of 14-2. The draft can't come soon enough though. I want to see what other pieces are added to the puzzle.

I'll make a prediction.....

Brady will play some real minutes in the exhibition games.

I don't doubt it. Doesn't mean he's not going to need a few games in the regular season to continue his return to full ability.

At this point, and given what I've seen of Brady in his career, it honestly wouldn't surprise me either way. He could come back looking like he never had the injury, or he could come back and look a little underwhelming.

Either way, I see his second half of the season being completely dominant.

This is the year 19-0

Offense looks sick and biggest problem on de has been addresses and Brady is back
The greatest team of this decade going for a fourth Superbowl title and an undefeated 19-0 season with the Superbowl being hosted in Miami... the only team to record an undefeated season at 17-0. There is something poetic about that.

For the record, I don't care if we go 14-5 like 2001 and win the Superbowl.. I just want the Patriots back to their rightful place atop the mountain.

BB would never verbally say we're going for 19-0, but this offseason feels a lot like 2007. I don't remember hearing anything about a perfect season until week 2 or 3 that year, so if that's the case this year it could be a possibility. Like most of the other posters though, I don't really care about record... what I care about is how aggressive we have been this offseason and after the draft, we will be set for a run.

I understand what the original poster is saying though, BB is giving off the impresion that we ARE the best team in the league.

This is the year 19-0

Offense looks sick and biggest problem on de has been addresses and Brady is back

With all due respect, could not care less if they are 19-0 or 16-3. Just win the last play-off game, baby!

BB would never verbally say we're going for 19-0, but this offseason feels a lot like 2007. I don't remember hearing anything about a perfect season until week 2 or 3 that year, so if that's the case this year it could be a possibility. Like most of the other posters though, I don't really care about record... what I care about is how aggressive we have been this offseason and after the draft, we will be set for a run.

I understand what the original poster is saying though, BB is giving off the impresion that we ARE the best team in the league.
It's gives the impression that BB loves having his team in the cross hairs and feeding off the pressure week in week out.

I love the notoriety of being the team everyone wants to beat.

I know the Steelers are the champions and I wonder where this offseason puts us in comparative terms.

I understand what the original poster is saying though, BB is giving off the impression that we ARE the best team in the league.

Dude...

Defend this:

Code:
Galloway   Welker     Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur    Williams   Moss

Faulk
                                    Brady

And that's just one of a million possibilities on an unsettled roster.
We have the personnel for 2 TE's, 3 RB's (hehe - you never know) and all manner of offensive chaos.

If these guys are healthy and on their game, it's not the impression of being the best. It's a fact.

Defense has questions, but its certainly coming together. If Springs, Hobbs, and Bodden play at 3/4 of potential, throwing ball is a much riskier proposition than it was last year.

Colour me stoked!

Last edited:
With all due respect, could not care less if they are 19-0 or 16-3. Just win the last play-off game, baby!

exactly, i just want the ring.

About our newly additions. I think we are with the team we have right now, before the draft, already big-time favorites. And now we get the most really good picks of every team in the league. Let's say we get 2 players with an immediate impact (say Barwin, Delmas) and 1 from last year who are going to play at a high level (say Wheatley). If that's the case, we would get a better and faster defense and we already get a better offense with TB back. Conclusion: THAT RING IS OURS!!! :woot:

Dude...

Defend this:

Code:
Galloway   Welker     Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur    Williams   Moss

Faulk
                                    Brady

And that's just one of a million possibilities on an unsettled roster.
We have the personnel for 2 TE's, 3 RB's (hehe - you never know) and all manner of offensive chaos.

If these guys are healthy and on their game, it's not the impression of being the best. It's a fact.

Defense has questions, but its certainly coming together. If Springs, Hobbs, and Bodden play at 3/4 of potential, throwing ball is a much riskier proposition than it was last year.

Colour me stoked!

This team still needs an ILB and an OLB, along with a 3rd safety, to flesh out the starters, IMO. I can see another year of the Bruschi/Guyton platoon, but I just don't see Woods suddenly becoming a 60+ snaps guy on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes