PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bam Childress

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just strikes me as what they call in baseball a AAAA player - too good for the minors, not good enough to play with the big boys.

Troy Brown struck some guys that way too. Guys like Parcells and Belichick. Maybe you are right, maybe not.

Re: Troy II

Troy was cut outright several times (I believe 6 times) before sticking.
This is not true. Brown was drafted in '93 and by '95, two years later, he had cemented his position on the team and was playing in every game. He played in all 16 games 95-97, and was hurt in 98 and 99 and missed a total of 5 games those two years, but he played in all 16 games in 00 and 01. Don't make up stuff.

He has shown he can contribute to the Patriots. How you weigh his potential contributions against several others is difficult
It's not too difficult. Last year we were desparate for WRs and Childress got on the field for ONE game, and caught two passes. You don't have to be in BB's head to realize he doesn't consider Bam to be a viable option.

By comparison, the mighty Kelvin Kight played in four games last year.

Hey, I like Bam. I liked Fred Coleman, too. But just because I admire a player's spunk and work ethic does not mean he has NFL-level talent.

Troy Brown struck some guys that way too. Guys like Parcells and Belichick. Maybe you are right, maybe not.

When exactly was it that Belichick cut Troy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call