PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesome News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan Dave

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know this is probably not that big a deal for most of you, but I just booked my flights this morning, and I'm officially going to Pats-Bears on 11-27! :D

I've been to several road games, but this will be my first trip to the Razor. I'm planning on spending Fri/Sat in Boston, and then I want to really maximize my gameday and take in the entire atmosphere on Sunday (hopefully it will be a later game). Help me out. Give me some advice, and things I can do to make sure I get the most out of my experience. I'm absolutely stoked.

Michigan Dave said:
I know this is probably not that big a deal for most of you, but I just booked my flights this morning, and I'm officially going to Pats-Bears on 11-27! :D

I've been to several road games, but this will be my first trip to the Razor. I'm planning on spending Fri/Sat in Boston, and then I want to really maximize my gameday and take in the entire atmosphere on Sunday (hopefully it will be a later game). Help me out. Give me some advice, and things I can do to make sure I get the most out of my experience. I'm absolutely stoked.

I'm both happy for you and depressedly jealous at the same time. lol.

I have no advice, being an out of towner myself, but I hope you have a great time. :)

Michigan Dave said:
Some stuff in this thread :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42998

may or may not give you some usable advice.

Brownfan80 said:
I'm both happy for you and depressedly jealous at the same time. lol.

I have no advice, being an out of towner myself, but I hope you have a great time. :)

I am just completely geeked. I had originally planned for making the Detroit game, but when those plans fell through I thought it was yet another season without getting out for a game. Luckily, on my ride home from Penn State yesterday, everything fell together, and was confirmed today.

Advice?

Make sure you aren't flying home Sunday night.

There's a good chance this game could be moved to the night slot.

Be prepared for the possibility that this game gets moved to the LATE game on NBC due to the Flex Scheduling. CBS might use one of their VETOs to prevent it from happening, but when you consider the other games that weekend, its a very good possibility.

The other games that weekend, btw are:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules#week12
Arizona @ Minnesota, Carolina @ Washington, Cincy @ Cleveland, Houston @ Jets, Jacksonville @ Buffalo, New Orleans @ Atlanta, Giants @ Tennessee, Phily @ Indy, Pittsburgh @ Baltimore, San Fran @ St. Louis, and Oakland @ San Diego.

Of the games, Only the Pats/Bears, Saints/Falcons, and Phily/Indy are likely to be big national games.

So, keep a watch on this. It could affect your travel plans greatly.

Yeah, I would think if they are going to move any game it would be this one.

What an exciting game to go to! I'm happy for you.

Yesterday when we were at Fedex field, I told my husband, obviously, we must bring our son to Gillette on a vacation to the north next season. There is nothing as exciting as being at a game....it's so hard not to get caught up in it. I want this kid to be as excited as I am about this team. Maybe I'll even take him to training camp too.

I fear that living in this (Northern VA) area, he could be badly influenced by Skins fans. I don't want that to happen.

pats1 said:
Advice?

Make sure you aren't flying home Sunday night.

There's a good chance this game could be moved to the night slot.

Yeah, flying home Monday evening. I've figured as much.

Are you meeting up with Brady?

Good for you, dude. I'll be there, too. Where are you sitting?

Patjew said:
Good for you, dude. I'll be there, too. Where are you sitting?

I think Sec 109 row 6? Not 100% sure yet, but I think that's where the tix are.

Michigan Dave said:
Nice seats. I'm in 126.

Michigan Dave said:
Cool I'm in 132, right in front of visiting announcers . I work downtown Boston and can help you out if you need any recomendations where to go , what to do ect. If you need a tailgate to join up you are welcome to join us. My buddies set up an RV and for $20 you get more food than you can eat (steak tips , chicken ect...) TV with other games on ect. Good guys. Let me know.

Michigan Dave said:
That's the plan right now.

Wow, lucky you, lol. I am greeeeeen with envy. :D

Last edited:
The game is covered by Fox, not CBS. Fox also has the doubleheader that week, so they have the 4:15 slot. I'd bet they have one of their five veto's in hand to deny NBC the game. What other teams will pull the audience this matchup will?

Of course, that's if both teams continue on the pace they're on. After watching the game tonight, that could change! :D

FYI, if your ticket says the game is on 11/27, either your ticket or mine is a counterfeit!

DaBruinz said:
Be prepared for the possibility that this game gets moved to the LATE game on NBC due to the Flex Scheduling. CBS might use one of their VETOs to prevent it from happening, but when you consider the other games that weekend, its a very good possibility.

The other games that weekend, btw are:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules#week12
Arizona @ Minnesota, Carolina @ Washington, Cincy @ Cleveland, Houston @ Jets, Jacksonville @ Buffalo, New Orleans @ Atlanta, Giants @ Tennessee, Phily @ Indy, Pittsburgh @ Baltimore, San Fran @ St. Louis, and Oakland @ San Diego.

Of the games, Only the Pats/Bears, Saints/Falcons, and Phily/Indy are likely to be big national games.

So, keep a watch on this. It could affect your travel plans greatly.

DaBruinz said:
FWIW, the game is not on CBS, it's on FOX. FOX also has Philadelphia at Indianapolis that day, it's almost guaranteed that one of the two games will be moved to Sunday night. Which one depends on the teams' records in mid-November.

Lucky bastard. I guess you're going to Michigan-Ohio State, too? The husband and I were looking for tickets and right now, they're scalping at about $500/person. Last time I went down to Columbus for a game, I spent more than that on repairs to my car after some of the Buckeye faithful slashed my tires. . .

milwaukeebeers44 said:
Lucky bastard. I guess you're going to Michigan-Ohio State, too? The husband and I were looking for tickets and right now, they're scalping at about $500/person. Last time I went down to Columbus for a game, I spent more than that on repairs to my car after some of the Buckeye faithful slashed my tires. . .

Yup. Luckily I have Coach Carr's seats for that one. It would set me back a pretty penny the way things are going now (pleasebeatiowapleasebeatiowa..) I get a lot of crap in Columbus, but I've been able to avoid the vandalism/physical altercations. I've been to every UM-OSU game since 98, and I've really been able to get away with nothing aside from boorish insults being thrown around. I have to say, I'm very nervous about this year's game, with the 3:30 kickoff, and the #1 v. #2 probability. I dread walking out of that stadium in the dark, win or lose.

tailgater said:
FYI, if your ticket says the game is on 11/27, either your ticket or mine is a counterfeit!

Oops. Um...yeah, 11/26. :D Can you tell I posted this immediately after booking the flight? (return 11/27). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News