PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante vs. Vasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's fine but 3 INT in 11 games is way too small of a sample to be comparing it to a power hitter over multiple full seasons.

Err, I was comparing Carlos Pena's 1st two months of this season to a projection over the course of a season. Prior to this, he'd been in the minors or out of baseball. But if you look at ESPN's stats, they projected them for the whole season. Ultimately I think we agree that such projections don't make sense.

Last edited:
Err, I was comparing Carlos Pena's 1st two months of this season to a projection over the course of a season. Prior to this, he'd been in the minors or out of baseball. But if you look at ESPN's stats, they projected them for the whole season. Ultimately I think we agree that such projections don't make sense.
I'm not disagreeing with you - I agree wholeheartedly about the projections and have to deal with such things all the time in my fantasy leagues - all I'm saying is that 3 INT in his playoff career, while more than 1, still isn't a big enough sample size to say that is a clearly established rate for Samuel in playoff games.

If Samuel is reasonable and in touch with reality, this sets some parameters for the negotiation. If he isn't it won't make any difference.

I'm not disagreeing with you - I agree wholeheartedly about the projections and have to deal with such things all the time in my fantasy leagues - all I'm saying is that 3 INT in his playoff career, while more than 1, still isn't a big enough sample size to say that is a clearly established rate for Samuel in playoff games.

I definitely agree.

Every time I hear of Nathan Vasher, I am reminded of Guss Scott. And that pi$$es me off. WTF was the FO thinking?

That Guss Scott had never been injured in college and that the Pats needed a SS so that they could would have someone to develop behind Rodney. That Guss Scott was a playmaker who read and reacted well and had never been injured in college. That Guss Scott was a leader on his team, a playmaker who read and reacted well, and had never been injured in College.

Tell me. How the heck was the Pats front office supposed to know that Guss Scott would blow out his knee in friggin training camp his first year? Why is it that you have these GROSS over-reactions to things that are clearly beyond the control of the front office?

That Guss Scott had never been injured in college and that the Pats needed a SS so that they could would have someone to develop behind Rodney. That Guss Scott was a playmaker who read and reacted well and had never been injured in college. That Guss Scott was a leader on his team, a playmaker who read and reacted well, and had never been injured in College.

Tell me. How the heck was the Pats front office supposed to know that Guss Scott would blow out his knee in friggin training camp his first year? Why is it that you have these GROSS over-reactions to things that are clearly beyond the control of the front office?
Please do not use the quote button on captain stone's dumb posts. It ruins it for those of us who have him on ignore because then we have to see his drivel. Thanks.

This is all I want to see:

captain stone
This message is hidden because captain stone is on your ignore list.

One thing you have to factor in is that Vasher is playing in a cover two system which doesn't demand as much man to man coverage as the Patriots system. I'm actually surprised the Samuel camp didn't bring that up and say that still makes Clements a better comp than Vasher. I haven't watched Vasher enough to say if he could play in our system or not. I know people have said guys like Nick Harper could and I just don't think that is true.

Either way Assante still isn't worth what he's asking for.

Anyone wanna bet that if Vasher got a Nate Clements type of contract, Shavers would be the first one to be screaming from the rooftops that Vasher is totally relevant to Samuel and since Samuel is a free agent and Vasher isn't that the Pats should use the Vasher deal as a starting point and only go up from there?

Isn't this very similiar to the Deion Branch/Reggie Wayne scenario last year. Branch would be the equivelant of Vasher and Samuel would be Wayne. Branch demanded to be equally compensated and got fairly equally compensated as Wayne. Doesn't logic dictate that Samuel should expect a similiar deal as Vasher. Vasher has seemed to accomplished just as much as Samuel in terms of stats in one less year in the league.

Look at the number of playoff games each player has played and when Samuel got his first playoff INT. Samuel has played in more than twice as many playoff games as Vasher and got his first playoff INT last year which was either his fifth or sixth playoff game.

If you look closely at the playoff numbers, Samuel's playoff record isn't really all that better than Vasher's. In fact, it took fewer playoff games for Vasher to get his first INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News