PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armond Armstead, Josh Kline, Michael Bucannon, Josh Boyce, Braxton Cave, Mark Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braxton Cave is an interesting prospect in my opinion. He was ranked as the fifth best OC in the 2013 draft and projected as a high as a fourth round pick, he struggled at the senior bowl and that really hurt him causing him to slip to UDFA. He was a Rimington Trophy finalist as a senior at Notre Dame and started 35/48 career games.

Athletically he matches up favorably to the top OC in this year’s draft class Richburg.

Just shows how bad of a Center draft this really is. There is a reason John Urschel, without playing a single Center snap, may be the best of them all ;)

I never said combine numbers do not matter, I think that anytime you are talking about a professional athlete their athletic metrics matter that is as if saying a bus drivers driving record does not matter. Amendola as I said has NOTHING to do with this discussion and it is beyond me why you would bring it up, it is also petty that you are holding onto something we debated two months ago and letting it influence this discussion. I do not hold things against you from months ago and bring them up so I would appreciate the same from you.

Michael Buchanan fell to the seventh round because he was involved in an argument off the field that resulted in him breaking his jaw, he was mocked as a third round draft pick leading up to the draft so that applies. The point of the Tavon comparison was to show that just because a player is drafted somewhere does not determine their level of talent. Dennard has been more effective in his career than a number of top CBs taken in that draft, and in years past, we have seen the same thing. I would not put too much stock in where a player is mocked by Mel Kiper Jr.

The point was that you're overly obsessed with combine numbers and seem to think they're the ultima ratio of a player's worth.

Buchanan also had questions about weight and production that caused him to fall. He was only moderately productive when Whitney Mercilus was removed from the equation.

I do like your implication that you know more than Mel Kiper, Jr. though.

The point was that you're overly obsessed with combine numbers and seem to think they're the ultima ratio of a player's worth.

Buchanan also had questions about weight and production that caused him to fall. He was only moderately productive when Whitney Mercilus was removed from the equation.

Yes and you are overly obsessed with me, and your jihad for me so I guess we both have things to work out.

I think that athletic metrics matter for professional athletes, and I think only an idiot would not believe they had no worth to assessing the player. If they did not matter they would not have the combine, and Pro days, etc. and a player like Bridgewater would not be dropping down draft boards because of his performances.

Yeah I said I know more than Kiper does, exactly! o_O

Last edited:
Just shows how bad of a Center draft this really is. There is a reason John Urschel, without playing a single Center snap, may be the best of them all ;)
I think Joel Bitonio is the most promising interior line prospect in the draft personally.

I expect a lot from Braxton Cave because his name is awesome and reminds me of this awesome dude

caveman.jpg

Prime, I thought EVERYONE knew more than Mel Kiper Jr......at least on this board ;)

I feel like Carnac the Magnificent... What is a never been a scrub and 5 JAGs.

Best case is these guys compete for roster spots 50-53 then in 5 months we never have to hear their names again.
Then how do you explain the 2011 Patriots who made it to the superbowl with (IIRC) 19 players on their 53 man roster who started their careers as UDFA's.

It's way too cavalier to dismiss low picks and UDFA's just because you can. It makes you sound smug and arrogant. We already have too many people in this category, John, don't join them.

The Pats also have Chris Barker who spent the entire year on the roster last year who is supposedly working out at Center. Then they have Jordan Devey and R.J. Mattes who are OTs. Devey spent last season on the IR. Mattes was on the practice squad.

I'll be flat out honest. I want whomever the Pats add to be able to beat out Wendell and Connolly so the Pats get rid of, arguably, the weakest links on the O-line.

They are not arguably the weakest links on the O-line, they are unquestionably the weakest links on the O-line. If anyone is of the belief that either of those two are better than Solder, Mankins or Vollmer, I have oceanfront property in Missouri I'd love to sell them.

They are not arguably the weakest links on the O-line, they are unquestionably the weakest links on the O-line. If anyone is of the belief that either of those two are better than Solder, Mankins or Vollmer, I have oceanfront property in Missouri I'd love to sell them.
How much?

Everyone on this board DOES know more than Mel Kiper Jr.
No, they don't. Not all the time anyway. He makes his fair share of mistakes, as does McShay and Mayock, but he's also been correct about a fair number of things not always pertaining to the Patriots alone.

Harrison as a 6' 3" 230 LB "move" TE?

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014...triots-second-year-wideout-mark-harrison.html

Hey, he has a good name for an NFL player
I would think that if he were to make the move to Flex-TE that Harrison could add some bulk and fill out his 6’3” frame. Harrison was a very inconsistent player at Rutgers, but he flashed ability and had an outstanding combine, he will be one of the more intriguing players in camp to watch in my opinion.

PatsFans, always on the foreskin of football news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back