PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armond Armstead apparently had 2 heart attacks, leading to retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like that was why there was all this secrecy and the early retirement. Feel bad for the guy.

ProFootballTalkVerified account‏@ProFootballTalk
A heart attack preceded Armond Armstead's retirement from the Patriots. He blames USC doctors giving him Toradol. http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JZS

Looks like he's suing USC:

But now Armstead has confirmed in court papers that he suffered a heart attack in 2014, before announcing his retirement. TheSacramento Bee details that heart attack and other issues in a long story about Armstead’s lawsuit against USC. Armstead also had a heart attack in 2011, while he was a player at USC.

I think there's an excellent chance that he already had some type of pre-existing condition which may have been exacerbated by the drug ; after all, we don't see kids in their early 20s having these kinds of extreme reactions too often, and I'd bet that there have been plenty who have been given mass amounts of Toradol over the years.

Either way, good luck to him in the future. I hope he wins his case, and more importantly--I hope that he remains healthy.

I think there's an excellent chance that he already had some type of pre-existing condition which may have been exacerbated by the drug ; after all, we don't see kids in their early 20s having these kinds of extreme reactions too often, and I'd bet that there have been plenty who have been given mass amounts of Toradol over the years.

Either way, good luck to him in the future. I hope he wins his case, and more importantly--I hope that he remains healthy.

Concur. I wish him well in all things he does. I also hope he finds the answers to what happened and why it happened.

Sign the beast!

Err, nevermind. Best wishes to him in the future!

that really sucks, I had really wanted to see him suit up but multiple heart attacks should definitely make you think about changing careers

He had such potential coming out of college. I was pumped when the team signed him. Too bad. Best of luck to him in the future and to good health.

Toradol (ketorolac) is a great drug in certain situations ( ask anyone who has ever had a kidney stone) BUT it is "black boxed" by the FDA in the Physician's Desk Reference(PDR) for a reason due to all the side effects
and is banned in several European countries due to concerns about surgical bleeding.
As others have said, best of luck to him in the future....

ooh. That is sad. Wish nothing but the best for him.

Hopefully no more heart problems

It would seem that you are beset by a logical contradiction in your moral reasoning, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. Best of luck to the kid. It takes a lot of work to be in Div1/NFL shape, and to work for that under such severe constraints takes a ton of fight. I hope that serves him well in his battle to live a long, full life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back