PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arkansas WR Joe Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
With sub- 4.40 speed, Adams doesn't last to #64. Sorry. We'd have to pull the trigger earlier than that.

I'll pass on Adams. He tends to drop balls and isn't a good route runner.

His counterpart, I'll take. Jarius Wright. He can run all the routes (Pats WRs tend to do that) and has great speed.

Adams starts off as a STer, replacing Edelman.

Then we teach him the skills to branch beyond that. Lord knows he's electric enough--and that can't be taught.

And with Adams you've got a good character guy.

Adams starts off as a STer, replacing Edelman.

Then we teach him the skills to branch beyond that. Lord knows he's electric enough--and that can't be taught.

And with Adams you've got a good character guy.

I really do not want any more project WRs. Seriously.

Any WR we take has to be a great route runner and have good hands.

I'll pass on Adams. He tends to drop balls and isn't a good route runner.

His counterpart, I'll take. Jarius Wright. He can run all the routes (Pats WRs tend to do that) and has great speed.

And might be better value than the currently inflated stock of Adams. I like Adams as a returner, just not in the likely second round. But Jarius Wright in the third or fourth I'd be quite happy with.

And might be better value than the currently inflated stock of Adams. I like Adams as a returner, just not in the likely second round. But Jarius Wright in the third or fourth I'd be quite happy with.

You have to ask yourself can Adams get off the LOS against press coverage. In my mind the answer is no, he is not physical enough.

I am not sold on Wright's hands or his route running.

I am curious to see what Jeffries runs in the 40.

You have to ask yourself can Adams get off the LOS against press coverage. In my mind the answer is no, he is not physical enough.

Rotoworld has a mock out with us taking Brian Quick in the first round. Can't figure that one out. Sanu, Jeffery, Criner would be better options. Marvin Jones in the third too. I like Quick's upside, just not at those lofty heights.

Wright was probably our best route runner...i dont remember him dropping a ball either. He was our most complete WR. Only knock IMO is his size

The Petrino system requires at least competent route running...we ran a ton of crossing routes with those two

Did you do the Bama vs South Carolina game in 2010? Alshon was the best player on the field that day and almost single-handedly led them to their upset over top ranked(going into the game) Tide. If he's available at 27, we'd have to take him. I doubt if he is. But, the kid can play. Not going to judge him by the stop watch.

Dude is flying up the draft boards, might have to take him at the end of the second at this rate

Dude is flying up the draft boards, might have to take him at the end of the second at this rate

And if he runs in the 4.3s, he might not even make it to pick 48.

And if he runs in the 4.3s, he might not even make it to pick 48.

If Joe Adams and Jarius Wright run 4.3s at the combine then that will be very interesting but that is their stated time. Arkansas had another receiver that was one of Ryan Mallet's favorite targets and his name is Greg Childs. Before he injured his knee he was the teams leading receiver. But back to Joe Adams his return ability alone is something special and will help him make an NFL roster and putting him in the slot all I can say is WOW in my view point he is going to be a heck of a player for whatever franchise that drafts him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes