PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arkansas WR Joe Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him, love him, love him!

(In a completely appropriate, platonic way of course) :cool:

I really liked the look of him at Senior Bowl Practice. He is really quick in and out of his breaks, really fluid athlete and he's just flat out fast. His size is a concern and I don't know how many snaps a game he could play without wearing down, but with his big play ability and kick return skills I think he could be a playmaker in this offence. I think he would be a perfect second WR pick to complement a bigger WR if we double dip.

Get your mitts off him, I've been banging that drum for 18 months.

Eventually people will listen :)

Get your mitts off him, I've been banging that drum for 18 months.

Eventually people will listen :)

Weren't you one of the first people to buy tickets for the Nate Solder train, too? :)

Last edited:
Weren't you one of the first people to buy tickets for the Nate Solder train, too? :)

Vollmer is my claim to fame! Technically it was Wes Bunting who first recognised the potential, I picked up on that and it went from there.

I was all aboard the Patrick Chung train from day 1 too.

I was going to mention C****r B****n, but I think we were all on that baby.

exciting player to watch...drops a few occasionally but his versatility at WR/RB/PR makes up for it...he was also recruited as a CB and had an offer from USC.

A lot will be made about his weight but he is tough for his size...got up first after a nasty hit from chad jones that you can look up on youtube

He also came back from a stroke as a sophomore. He likes to talk trash and be flashy on the field but toned it down as a senior

Tony Pauline giving great reports from Senior Bowl practices calls him "incredibly quick."

Senior Bowl Wednesday practice report - Tony Pauline - SI.com

After 2:05 CT Tony writes: "On the other hand, Joe Adams of Arkansas is small but incredibly quick and fast. He runs terrific routes and shows the ability to carry his horizontal momentum into breaks."

Last edited:
I've said it before - he really does remind me of Deion in his younger days.

Just think what a 2004 version of Deion Branch could do for this offense.

minus the fumble i thought he looked great today

General impression of Adams:

Good:
1. YAC - it's clearly a big part of our offense and he's great with the ball in his hands.
2. Elite athlete - straight line speed, acceleration and change of direction all great. Means he should be able to run all the routes if he can learn the offense

Needs Improvement:
1. Hands
2. Route running

With these 2 negatives it's going to be hard to earn Brady's trust. I love his potential as a DeSean Jackson - headcase = stud but he's a project. I'd have him behind Sanu and Jeffery but would still take him in the second round.

Rather have Jarius Wright.

He's one of those if he's even, he's leaving players. We don't really have anyone like him on the roster. Seems a lot more adaptable than a guy like Bethel Johnson. Johnson just didn't have the work ethic needed. A guy with his speed can certainly be helpful even if used a deep threat decoy. Throw in his ability in the return game and we would have to consider a guy like him.

He's one of those if he's even, he's leaving players. We don't really have anyone like him on the roster. Seems a lot more adaptable than a guy like Bethel Johnson. Johnson just didn't have the work ethic needed. A guy with his speed can certainly be helpful even if used a deep threat decoy. Throw in his ability in the return game and we would have to consider a guy like him.

Don't know if he gets past the Iggles in round two. Ideal Desean replacement and with two picks, they can afford to splurge on someone with Adams' upside.

Joe Adams, our next punt returner and kickoff returner.

And can be groomed behind Wes Welker, providing insurance in case the elder statesman gets dinged up.

Edelman returning punts is not getting it done. We need more speed.

Joe Adams is a Pacman Jones without the attitude and criminal record. He's going to be drafted.

Wasn't he the MVP of the Senior Bowl like some other players we drafted? Like Deion Branch.

Joe Adams, our next punt returner and kickoff returner.

And can be groomed behind Wes Welker, providing insurance in case the elder statesman gets dinged up.

Edelman returning punts is not getting it done. We need more speed.

Joe Adams is a Pacman Jones without the attitude and criminal record. He's going to be drafted.

Wasn't he the MVP of the Senior Bowl like some other players we drafted? Like Deion Branch.

I'd love to get a 2-gap de in the first and an olb. Fletcher Cox and maybe a guy like Vinny Curry after a slight trade down. With my other two 2nd's I wouldn't be against double dipping at wr. A guy like Juron Criner or Dwight Jones. I haven't written Jeff Fuller off either at 48. And, a speedy return guy like Adams at 64. A couple of depth db's in he 3rd and 4th. I want a starting FS in free agency along with Brandon Lloyd.

With sub- 4.40 speed, Adams doesn't last to #64. Sorry. We'd have to pull the trigger earlier than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes