PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Pats using Moss to set up sucker plays for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chambwi01.html

Chamberlain never averaged fewer than 42 minutes per game and he did, in fact, average over 48 mpg one season. He averaged 45.8 mpg over the course of his career. Russell averaged 42.3 mpg, including averaging under 40 mpg 3 times with a career high in a season of 45.2 mpg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/russebi01.html
So, unless the games were > 48 minutes back in the early 60s, which I don't think they were, Wilt got the extra 0.5 minutes per game that year from overtime games, while probably playing just about every minute of every game. Amazing. But still, Russ got the rings.

So, unless the games were > 48 minutes back in the early 60s, which I don't think they were, Wilt got the extra 0.5 minutes per game that year from overtime games, while probably playing just about every minute of every game. Amazing. But still, Russ got the rings.

There's no doubt Russell was a fiercer competitor and the game where Willis Reed came in with a horrible leg injury led some to question Wilt's guts.

Nevertheless 30 points and 20 rebounds was a run of the mill game for Wilt.

There's no doubt in my mind that great players and coaches develop that mental edge meaning knowing what the other side will do in a key situation and being prepared to counter it.

We have never had an individual talent like Moss an I believe they will exploit him, and the fear of him, to the max.

I think we are going to see this with Moss & Stallworth lining up on the same side with moss running the Go & Stallworth running a deep post and also the play they ran with Troy Brown lined up in the backfield but with Stallworth going out for the pass instead of Brown sort of like the swing pass New Orleans uses with Reggie Bush.

Bottom line...I seriously doubt Belichick was showing anything about his playoff game plans in the past three games.

I suspect practices are on two levels these days...the game of the week, and for the past two that hasn't meant much, and game planning for the second season.

We have seen a great Patriot team thus far this year...perhaps the greatest team to play the game. That said, I personally believe there is a Patriot playoff team that has yet to show its hand. The team is talented, skillful, and smart...the three best qualities of any championship team.

The best is yet to come, boys...Belichick has everything under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back