Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I thought the PatsFans crew would enjoy this:

Patriots Put Hellen Keller In At Quarterback, Somehow Still Manage To Win - Daily Snark

First reported by ESPN’s Mike Reiss, it was announced Thursday morning that the team had signed a rather unknown QB, Hellen Keller. The 5’3″ 119-pound Keller played at the Tusumbia School for the Blind in Alabama, only lesser known because of it’s in-state rival Alabama Crimson Tide. “Nobody saw this coming,” Reiss noted. “Frankly, she didn’t either.”

Reminds me of fun I've had with Randy "Zip" Pierce who lost his sight and was Patriots Fan of the Year for the 2001 season. They sent him to the SB. He has a non-profit 2020 Vision Quest and gives inspirational talks. With his former guide dog (deceased) he climbed every 4,000 foot peak in NE one winter.

Anyway to the point of this light hearted topic, I've played football catch with him. He can tell where I am in his yard and throw the ball to me accurately based on hearing my voice. Uncanny. A former UNH WR, he absolutely sucks at catching the ball these days. Catches like Slater.

Reminds me of fun I've had with Randy "Zip" Pierce who lost his sight and was Patriots Fan of the Year for the 2001 season. They sent him to the SB. He has a non-profit 2020 Vision Quest and gives inspirational talks. With his former guide dog (deceased) he climbed every 4,000 foot peak in NE one winter.

Anyway to the point of this light hearted topic, I've played football catch with him. He can tell where I am in his yard and throw the ball to me accurately based on hearing my voice. Uncanny. A former UNH WR, he absolutely sucks at catching the ball these days. Catches like Slater.

Yup. I learned long ago that the only way to truly overcome adversity is to embrace the suck. I use humor as a defense mechanism. The wife doesn't understand how I can make light of some things I'm dealing with, but I tell her "It's a guy thing". :rolleyes:

Sounds like they can put a corpse in there and win.

I watched the HBO FanLife special they did on him. Seems like an awesome dude. Hope Bruschi and him are still close. For anyone who is curious, here:

I gotta say that, altho its comedy, and I get the point... IMHO that's pretty freaking insulting to Jacoby Brissett. Again, JMHO.

I watched the HBO FanLife special they did on him. Seems like an awesome dude. Hope Bruschi and him are still close. For anyone who is curious, here:

I'd forgotten, but Quantum Mechanic is featured repeatedly in this excellent video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe