PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AP All-Pro Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that the Patriots did not have a single starter on the first-team.
Dallas had 5.
I'm not saying the Patriots deserved one, but they do have a 14-2 team, and this must be unprecedented for such a team not to have even one.

I think the quote they like to use is, "We're building a team, not collecting talent." Let other teams have 1st team All-Pros, just as long as we can have a 17-2 SB Champ.

Agreed. Also glad to see Malcom Butler get recognition for his play....amazing journey from an undrafted rookie to a elite CB in-the-making

It's early, but Butler looks like he's climbing up the all-time UDFA list.

Could be looking at a multi-SB champion + a handful of All-Pros for Butler when it's all said and done (And one of the greatest plays in SB history :D).

It's a much deeper team, for sure :) If one first teamer gets hurt they'll be playing 11 vs. 10.

I wish real roster spots were voted on. Then we could have a 5 way tie at every position and keep our entire TC roster all year just in case.

So I guess this pretty cements the MVP for Ryan.

PFT agrees - they said the voters are the same. So unless they went with Ezekiel Elliott, I would figure the guy they voted as 1st team QB would be the QB to win MVP.

Last edited:
Agreed. Also glad to see Malcom Butler get recognition for his play....amazing journey from an undrafted rookie to a elite CB in-the-making
The interesting thing is, Butler is being recognized as one of the top 5 corners in the league, out of ALL the corners from BOTH the AFC and NFC, as a second team All-Pro, yet he wasn't voted to the Pro-Bowl. Has that ever happened before ? Very bizarre.

That being said, being a second team All-Pro is more prestigious than being voted to the Pro Bowl.

so

the Giants have a LOT of guys on those lists...

The interesting thing is, Butler is being recognized as one of the top 5 corners in the league, out of ALL the corners from BOTH the AFC and NFC, as a second team All-Pro, yet he wasn't voted to the Pro-Bowl. Has that ever happened before ? Very bizarre.

That being said, being a second team All-Pro is more prestigious than being voted to the Pro Bowl.

Richard Sherman a few years ago. Sean Lee, this year.

Uh, ah. Feels strange saying this... but I think PFF's got it better...

Butler deserved to be first team over harris
Harris is great. Butler should've made it over Marcus Peters.

Seeing 2nd-team All-Pro next to Marcus Cannon's name is wild. Would have never guessed in a million years.

I hope (but don't expect) that this helps us have a little collective memory around here for the next Pats player to have a bad year.

Be warned, the perpetually-contrarian-I'm-not-a-homer-crowd will pretend not to know what a "game ending interception" is.

If memory serves me correct, you have stated multiple times that Ryan has served up 4 "game ending interceptions".

ATL's 5 losses

Week 1 verses Tampa Bay. No Ryan INT

Week 6 verses Seattle. Ryan throws a pick with with 3:57 left in 4th qtr and Seattle kicks a FG to take lead on their subsequent possession. No doubt..."critical interception"...or "game changing interception"....but certainly not a "game ending interception" given that Atlanta had 1 additional series after the Ryan pick.

Week 7 verses San Diego. Again, Ryan throws a pick....3:32 left in the 4th qtr and SD subsequently takes lead on next possession. Again ....a very critical/game changing INT...but again...not game ending considering ATL had two possessions after the Ryan pick.

Week 11 verses Eagles. This time, Ryan does throw a game ending INT with 30 seconds left in game. Of course ATL was down by 9 at the time

Week 13 verses Chiefs. Ryan throws 1 INT...in 2nd QTR

My count:
One "game ending interception" ........an irrelevant INT ...more desperation considering ATL was down by 9 pts with 30 seconds left.
Two "game changing interceptions".........but certainly not game ending considering ATL had subsequent possessions but fell flat.

Suggestion: you don't need to massage facts, spread a false narrative, and diminish those that are more precise with the English language ....all to boost TB12's MVP resume. Brady had an incredible 12 games and Ryan's 4th qtr failures are obvious....just not game ending ...except one irrelevant pick.

Last edited:
Week 13 verses Chiefs. Ryan throws 1 INT...in 2nd QTR
He also threw an INT on the 2pt try that KC returned for 2. Instead of 30-27 or 28-27 it was 28-29.

Ryan is deserving of the All-Pro nod, though Brady was better. As a whole I think PFF got better selections.

By the way, why did those idiots vote Von Miller in as First Team All Pro LB? He's an edge defender for god's sake. What's the point of changing the position to edge to account for the difference between 3-4 OLBs playing on the line and 4-3 LBs playing off when those mediots ignore it? I bet the Second Team All Pro LB corps (10!) wouldn't be as crazy if the media members voted for an actual LB instead of giving Von Miller 47 votes (he got 0 as edge). :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes