AP All-Pro Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Matt Slater first team All-Pro.

Based off Reiss it appears Brady, Cannon, Butler, & McCourty were 2nd team All-Pros.

EDIT: Also Hightower & Ebner

@MikeReiss
CB Malcolm Butler received 8 AP All-Pro votes, tied for 4th highest. Aqib Talib (27), Marcus Peters (23) & Janoris Jenkins (17) lead way.

@MikeReiss
Devin McCourty received 4 AP All-Pro votes, tied for third highest at safety. Landon Collins (47) and Eric Berry (31) lead the way.

Dont'a Hightower was one of eight linebackers to receive one AP All-Pro vote. Bobby Wagner (49), Von Miller (47) & Sean Lee (41) top list.

@MikeReiss
Matthew Slater (14) edged out teammate Nate Ebner (12) as the AP All-Pro special teams choice. They were the top two vote-getters.

@MikeReiss
Patriots right tackle Marcus Cannon received 6 AP All-Pro votes, tied for 2nd highest. Reflects his fine season. Titans Jack Conklin is pick

@MikeReiss
AP All-Pro vote breakdown at QB: Matt Ryan (29); Tom Brady (15); Aaron Rodgers (5); Derek Carr (1).

Last edited:
Nate Ebner was second team too.

COMPLETE 2016 AP All-Pro ROSTERS

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Matt Ryan, Atlanta
Running Back: Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas
Flex: David Johnson, Arizona
Tight End: Travis Kelce, Kansas City
Wide Receivers: Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh; Julio Jones, Atlanta
Left Tackle : Tyron Smith, Dallas
Right Tackle: Jack Conklin, Tennessee
Left Guard: Kelechi Osemele, Oakland
Right Guard: Zack Martin, Dallas
Center: Travis Frederick, Dallas

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Edge Rushers: Khalil Mack, Oakland; Vic Beasley Jr., Atlanta
Interior Linemen: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles; Damon Harrison, New York Giants
Linebackers: Von Miller, Denver; Bobby Wagner, Seattle; Sean Lee, Dallas
Cornerbacks: Aqib Talib, Denver; Marcus Peters, Kansas City
Safeties: Landon Collins, New York Giants; Eric Berry, Kansas City
Defensive Back: Chris Harris Jr., Denver

SPECIAL TEAMS
Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore
Punter: Johnny Hekker, Los Angeles
Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota
Punt Returner: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City
Special Teamer: Matthew Slater, New England

SECOND TEAM

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Tom Brady, New England
Running Back: David Johnson, Arizona
Flex: Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh
Tight End: Greg Olsen, Carolina
Wide Receivers: Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants; Mike Evans, Tampa Bay
Left Tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay
Right Tackle: Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City, and Marcus Cannon, New England
Left Guard: Marshal Yanda, Baltimore
Right Guard: David DeCastro, Pittsburgh
Center: Alex Mack, Atlanta

DEFENSE

Edge Rushers: Jadeveon Clowney, Houston; Cameron Wake, Miami, Olivier Vernon, New York Giants, and Brandon Graham, Philadelphia
Interior Linemen: Ndamukong Suh, Miami; Calais Campbell, Arizona, and Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay
Linebackers: Lorenzo Alexander, Buffalo; Luke Kuechly, Carolina; Lavonte David, Tampa Bay, C.J. Mosley, Baltimore, Zach Brown, Buffalo, Zachary Orr, Baltimore, Alec Ogletree, Los Angeles, Dont’a Hightower, New England, Whitney Mercilus, Houston, and Bernardick McKinney, Houston
Cornerbacks: Janoris Jenkins, New York Giants; Casey Hayward, San Diego, and Malcolm Butler, New England
Safeties: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Green Bay; Devin McCourty, New England.
Defensive Back: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, New York Giants

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker: None.
Punter: Marquette King, Oakland
Kick Returner: Tyler Lockett, Seattle
Punt Returner: None.
Special Teamer: Nate Ebner, New England

I am glad to see Brady at least got second team over Rodgers. It seems like Brady gets screwed over each year; last year: Newton and Palmer over Brady! They were both better statistically, but we all knew they weren't half the QB; Brady dealt with tons of injuries. Multiple other seasons Brady has gotten left off as well when he was more than deserving.

Overall, although they only had one first-team, Pats are very well represented.

Congrats to Matt Ryan. Tom's the GOAT but I've got no problem with Matt getting it this year. He earned it. Brady will have to console himself with his 5th ring and 4th SBMVP.

Amazing that the Patriots did not have a single starter on the first-team.
Dallas had 5.
I'm not saying the Patriots deserved one, but they do have a 14-2 team, and this must be unprecedented for such a team not to have even one.

The only player who was snubbed is Alan Branch--I think he had a great season in the interior.

Congrats to Matt Ryan. Tom's the GOAT but I've got no problem with Matt getting it this year. He earned it. Brady will have to console himself with his 5th ring and 4th SBMVP.

It's almost impossible to have a passer rating of 117 and lose six games, regardless of your defense. I guess making critical plays late in close games was not a key factor this season. I haven't looked it up, but I'd wager Ryan had more game ending INTs this season than Brady in his previous five.

Matt Ryan had a great year, but his inevitable playoff loss this year will be entertaining.

It's almost impossible to have a passer rating of 117 and lose six games, regardless of your defense. I guess making critical plays late in close games was not a key factor this season. I haven't looked it up, but I'd wager Ryan had more game ending INTs this season than Brady in his previous five.

Be warned, the perpetually-contrarian-I'm-not-a-homer-crowd will pretend not to know what a "game ending interception" is.

There was a lot of buzz that the only RT playing better than Cannon was the guy in Atlanta, but he didn't even make the list. Wonder what's up with that.

Nice to have the TWO best special teamers in the league.

Seeing 2nd-team All-Pro next to Marcus Cannon's name is wild. Would have never guessed in a million years.

Part of it is that they changed the rules this year: in years past, all tackles were lumped together. Starting this year, there are separate votes for LT and RT.

GRONK still got a vote for TE. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick