PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else gettng tired of Bush-mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour93 said:
Yes. I've been tired of one for awhile now, and the other since the 2005 college football season. :)
See this is the kind of Jay leno type stuff I hoped would not be here......please...please...hear the word Bush once and not have to make an obvious and lame joke..There are thousands of political forums...visit them..I hate them myself.Yes there is no way Reggie B. can live up to this much hype.

I enjoy the hype ... leaves plenty of space for the Patriots to get their work done. The media has to justify their pay ... so go ahead and have a ball.

Also...as a lover of football I enjoy watching the new elite rookies play. Reggie Bush, Leinart, Young, Lewis, Brick, all of them. If you can't appreciate their talent...IMO you don't really love football at all.

I think Bush will be a notch under Barry Sanders ... if he is...that will be fun to watch. If he stinks...well...there are lots of other rookies to watch.

Chevy said:
Try living here in New Orleans ... The talk on local sports radio (by the callers) is almost "Superbowl bound!" ... Personally, I think their 6th round pick (Mike Haas) is going to be better value for money in the long run ...

I can imagine. Whenever the Cowboys took S Roy Williams a few years back, everyone kept saying how he going to be the next Ronnie Lott; while Williams is a one of the league's better safeties, he has not lived up to the senseless hype.

I'm not a R. Bush fan, in fact I would've picked Mario Williams over him, however to say a 6th rounder will eventually be better value than Bush is a bit of a stretch.

SuperPatriot33 said:
See this is the kind of Jay leno type stuff I hoped would not be here......please...please...hear the word Bush once and not have to make an obvious and lame joke..There are thousands of political forums...visit them..I hate them myself.Yes there is no way Reggie B. can live up to this much hype.

So my Jay Leno standard of posting isn't good enough for you newb? Then here's some other Patriots forums you can browse...

http://www.kffl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

http://www.patriotsplanet.net/

www.patriots.com

www.espn.com/patriots

Seymour93 said:
I can imagine. Whenever the Cowboys took S Roy Williams a few years back, everyone kept saying how he going to be the next Ronnie Lott; while Williams is a one of the league's better safeties, he has not lived up to the senseless hype.

I'm not a R. Bush fan, in fact I would've picked Mario Williams over him, however to say a 6th rounder will eventually be better value than Bush is a bit of a stretch.
Key Word here is "value"...A six rounder who has a good solid career is better valuewise than say a number 1 pick..who has anything short of a hall of fame career.

The Bush hype doesn't bother me. If you haven't figured it out - all draft coverage is nothing but hype. Draft grades that have been handed out this week? Total hype. All the stories you read on the pats draft over the last month are the same. Since Bush was the big name he gets the most hype. No one knows what any team got in the draft last weekend but the NFL and their partners are geniuses in marketing and they know that the draft sells so they will hype it as long as possible.

By the time week 1 of the season comes, who was drafted where is essentially forgotten and perfomrance will be what matters.

I've been sick and tired of the Bush hype since before the 2000 election! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back