PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else annoyed with Rodney Harrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, this comment was 6 years ago. There's a Disney song for that ;)

I know. :) But I think this was the source for this kind of grief that Brady gets from other fans. Brady is one of the LAST QBs who needs a "skirt" in the NFL.

It annoyed me because Rodney knows this and he said it anyway.

For whatever reason, Rodney's been doing a lot of barking lately and has the rabbit ears up. I have no issue with him being critical of the Pats but the Hasselback stuff and the issues with Josh Norman is catty.

I wonder if the network is asking him to be more jagged.

I think he is paid to give his opinion and you cant just say every week that the patriots are crippled by injuries and everything will be ok. On top of that the eagles and miami loss deserve some scrutiny. he is certainly qualified to raise questions and i know he loves the pats. As far as norman goes im glad he said something. The panthers act is so tired. If you want your qb to act like brett farve and play for the love of the game and sandlot football thats one thing.. But when the whole team acts like that it looks like they are undisciplined. Mark my words the panthers will get punched in the mouth by someone in the playoffs and all that "swag" and false bravado will come crashing down. Also i will point out that since rodney said what he said about norman.. Norman did ok against julio.. Disgraced himself with the odell nonsense.. And then got torched by julio.

Not at all. He is just giving his honest opinion on the situation like he always does.

Yeah screw him for having an opinion lol

On a serious note Rodney was very supportively of bb/brady openings night amongst all the NFL leaks to ESPN after Brady beat them in court.

Rodney says what he thinks and he doesn't spare anyone. He's the most honest on-camera commentator around. I don't always like what he says, but I know he's being as truthful as he can. I especially enjoy his relationship with Dungy. There are times I think theyd like to slug each other.

The only thing that Rodney is guilty of is being just a simple minded as well.........most of patsfans.com.

Just look at this thread and the usual suspects are out with the same nonsense. It's so bad one would almost think this is some pre-season game.

Look................very simple.

Team been to two Super Bowls.....four AFCCG's past four years. Team played much, much football. Probably too much football......injuries expected...human body not designed for so much football.

Team needs to get healthy. Team gets healthy....team win Super Bowl. Team needs healthy Vollmer, Hightower, McCourty, Chung, Edelman, Amendola, Gronk.

More important than meaningless games against Jets and 'fins. Team already had bye

Team not get healthy.......team not win Super Bowl.

Belichick take calculated risk to maximize health.

Team still have bye.

Healthy team will go to Denver and hammer Denver. What part of Denver game can't patsfans.com not understand?

Frankly, a telltale sign is if Kontradiction and the Douche Awry are off the deep end in despair..............................you know Belichick is absolutely following the correct strategy.

I am sure Rodney is delighted that they Peyton HGH story is being swept under the carpet.

I am sure Rodney would feel like Roman Polanski talking about Pedophelia if he had to address the Manning HGH story.
He's already been asked and addressed it on TV, like everything with Rodney he was 100% open and honest about what he did.

Felger's been on board with the Pats in the SB ever since he got his own talk show. Every year he says the Pats should be able to win 2 games and get to the SB even if 1 of them is on the road. It's his shtick. He talks about how the AFC is weak and they are always in the AFCC and then its just 1 game and in that game you have to think BB/Brady can win it.

Then when it doesn't happen he kills the Pats and talks about how he picked them to go to the SB.

My coworker likes listening to Felger (which leads to frequent animated debates between us), and he told me today that Felger has admitted that he was wrong about criticizing the Patriots for letting Revis walk.

Maybe Felgie is finally realizing that his contrarian act is wearing thin?

of course the toadies like @JMC00 dont like rodney having a different opinion.;)

The only thing Rodney has said to annoy me was when he did not rush to Brady's defense. I agree with the people who say he doesn't have to be a homer. I agree completely with anyone who says he can still be critical of NE. But that stuff he said about Tom during the off season is unforgivable. For someone who has been in the film room with those guys and who knows the kind of work that the organization puts into winning, I would have expecting him to back Tom a little more, even if he still wanted to express some trepidation about it.

But alas, he's a grown ass man who can look at life and the Patriots the way he chooses. It does not really impact anything on the field of play. The Pats still have to go out and prove they can get it done with or without the injuries. They have to now because it's win or go fishing. It sucks that injuries ruined what could have been a very special season, more so than even 2007, IMO. But it happened. Now they have to find a way to get that O-Line figured out and the boys just have to make more plays.

My coworker likes listening to Felger (which leads to frequent animated debates between us), and he told me today that Felger has admitted that he was wrong about criticizing the Patriots for letting Revis walk.

Nope. Because I also listened to him today and he swore up and down that the story would have played out just the same if it was Brady accused of the HGH and that the media would not have given it any more scrutiny (and it would have gone away just as quickly) than Manning received. We obviously know that that is WAY FALSE.

I don't find them as unbearable as most, probably because I have criticized the team and players too. I honestly get and agree with some of the things they say about the team and particularly BB. But I can definitely see how they would rub a lot of people the wrong way. The only time I felt compelled to call in is the week they were going on and on about LaFell's drops after the first game against the Jets and they were trying to correlate the properly inflated ball with number of drops compared to previous seasons. It was as if they didn't realize (or want to talk about) the fact that it was his FIRST GAME since the SB. How could anyone not expect for that to impact performance? Aside from that, though, I'm good with them for the most part. I just turn them off whenever I feel they're being too ridiculous, but like I alluded, that's really rare.

Not a chance. I tuned in to hear if they had anything to say about the fumbles. They couldn't figure out that strip sacks aren't the same as an offensive non QB running with the ball.

That isn't a contrarian thing either. That's just being dumb.

I remain amazed that he and Dungy have a job. They have the same charisma as cardboard, but with less insight.

I think Rodney just knows he's supposed to be the color commentator guy, and since he doesn't have anything colorful to say, he just says something stupid every couple weeks. It's kind of strange because I thought he would be a straight talk kind of guy when he retired, or maybe be funny but he's just not interesting or funny at all.

I saw Ed Reed on one show and he had more interesting stuff to say in his 10 minutes than Rodney has in years.

Frankly, a telltale sign is if Kontradiction and the Douche Awry are off the deep end in despair..............................you know Belichick is absolutely following the correct strategy.

Wow someone's holding a grudge

I don't have anything against Rodney. There were probably two times when I was pissed off at him.

1. Deflate gate comments
2. Brady should "take the skirt off"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick