PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody feeling LESS nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I dont know if its just me but with each passing day getting closer to gametime Iam actually feeling alot less nervous then I was earlier in the week, and my confidence is growing as time goes by that were going to come out on top! Anybody else feel this way..?

I agree. I have kind of mellowed into accepting the inevitability of Sunday.

Plus I have had about four beers this afternoon, so I'm real relaxed.

Nervous? Not anymore. After the crap came out today about Spygate I am officially Pissed Off.

Thank you U.S. Senator Arlen Spector (R-PA)!: They were pissed over the Plax business and maybe a little uptight over the 19-0 stuff, now they are enraged.

Why be nervous?

The Patriots beat the gung-ho Giants in week 17. They did so without two of their starting OLmen and still negated the league's sack leaders. Every analyst agrees that the Giants' D must pressure Brady for them to win. If they couldn't pressure Brady when the Pats had a weakened OL, how will they do so now that we have a full compliment of OLmen? Furthermore, the vaunted Giants' passrush has recorded only 3 sacks in the playoffs.

Complicating matters more for the Giants is that their secondary is their achilles heel. Their best CB is Madison who has been injured off and on all year and has definitely lost a step. Their other CB is Webster. He's played well in the playoffs but his regular season performance should have earned him the nickname "toast". Ross is an up and coming CB but will be less than 100% for this game. McQuarters is nothing special.
Wilson is a decent S but the rest of this corps is inexperienced.

This all means that given any decent amount of time in the pocket, Brady should pick this group apart.

And then there's Maroney whom the coaches held back on for a good portion of the season. They wisely did so, so that he'd be fresh and effective in the playoffs. He controlled most of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th quarter against the Chargers. Should Belichick choose to do so, I believe he can do the same against the Giants.

Finally, there's the Bill Belichick factor. IMHO, no coach in the history of this sport, not Lombardi, not Landry, not Brown nor Noll, has ever come close to formulating that one perfect gameplan for the biggest game there is. Given that BB has already seen the Giants this year, rest assured that he, his coaches and Gamefilm Guru, Ernie Adams will devise the perfect plan to dispatch one of the most dysfunctional organizations, the Giants.

Thank you U.S. Senator Arlen Spector (R-PA)!: They were pissed over the Plax business and maybe a little uptight over the 19-0 stuff, now they are enraged.

Well-FWIW, isn't Chuck Schumer a Jets fan? Isn't George Bush a Cowboys fan?

To me-Spector is nothing more than your typical Eagles fan-whiney, crybaby, mean-spirited, sour grapes a-hole.

On one hand... yes. On the other hand, I've been pretty solidly drunk for about 72 hours straight, so that could have something to do with it.

I tend to get concerned about one thing one day and something else the next which makes the first thing seem silly, With this team, every freakin' day there's something new to ponder.

First there was the "What's wrong with Brady?" ankle crap which thankfully blew over pretty quickly. No, wait, first it was Moss and his court stuff. See? I already completely forgot about that. Today it's Senator Speculum and Matt "Please give me a book deal...PLEEEEEZE" Walsh. I mean, there's no TIME to be nervous about the actual damn game.

I dont know if its just me but with each passing day getting closer to gametime Iam actually feeling alot less nervous then I was earlier in the week, and my confidence is growing as time goes by that were going to come out on top! Anybody else feel this way..?

I'm not feeling less nervous because I never was nervous. As with the previous SBs I know the winner is really determined in the AFCCG. Maybe the NFC is finally starting to get better but, I've never been worried about the Giants. Not even after all the "how the Giants could win" bs articles and stories.

I'm getting so nervous I think I might die before the game.

I haven't been nervous at all. Throughout the week, with the talking by the Giants, I have been becoming more confident, and now with Spygate coming back into the limelight, well, they better have the burn unit ready for the Super Bowl, as I see many Giants corners and safeties feeling the wrath of an angry Patriots offense.

I'am not nervous cause I know the offense is going to do what they do and put up between 30-35 points, and no way the defense is going to play as bad as it did last time we played the Giants, the D got it handed to them last time, this time there gonna be out for blood and get some revenge.

I'm getting more confident but also more nervous - the stakes are just too high.

For me, it's so broken down at this point it doesn't even matter. I am getting more and more relieved that the game is finally coming. Just like the Pats, I know exactly what has to happen to win, and hopefully they can get it done.

Yes, I too have gotten less nervous. I think the confidence and the solid preparation of the team has something to do with it.

I'm not nervous. You just can't watch the media because you start beleiving the hype.

Not nervous for following reasons:
1. Giants are worst team to make SB
2. Ernie Adams article(it's like two BB's for the Pats)
3. The right side of the line for Pats is plying.
4. We have Brady, they have Eli
5. I could keep going on reasons

I'm not nervous. You just can't watch the media because you start beleiving the hype.

Not nervous for following reasons:
1. Giants are worst team to make SB
2. Ernie Adams article(it's like two BB's for the Pats)
3. The right side of the line for Pats is plying.
4. We have Brady, they have Eli
5. I could keep going on reasons

what article is that?

I have a strange feeling about the game when I think about it. Keep watching Brady's performances in other SB's and I con't see how he blows this one. I really can't.

But in the back of my mind still lingers the thought of them losing. I've been a Sox fan for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes