PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any word on Beisel yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just kind of curious on how Beisel has looked so far. A lot of our defensive success could be riding on this guy to really step up his play. Might try and bump this thread a couple more times in the next month to get a better idea.

Haven't heard much but I did see a picture of him putting a pretty mean head slap on some poor O lineman.

drew4008 said:
A lot of our defensive success could be riding on this guy to really step up his play. .

If this is true, then the Pats are in some serious trouble..

mcsully said:
If this is true, then the Pats are in some serious trouble..
I knew it. We're doomed.

drew4008 said:
Just kind of curious on how Beisel has looked so far. A lot of our defensive success could be riding on this guy to really step up his play. Might try and bump this thread a couple more times in the next month to get a better idea.

I don't know how Monte is looking.

But I think his wife is still looking hot!

11 more days until the first preseson game and then all of our questions will remain unanswered.

Last edited:
After watching recent installments of PFW on Comcast On Demand, I still don't think Beisel will be any good. I could be and hope I'm dead wrong, but I am skeptical that his extra weight/muscle will help. He wears #52, Ted Johnson's old number, and that's the closest he'll ever get to being a good run-stopper.

DSC_3860.jpg

Looks like he's getting a little more agressive now. Pretty decent *****slap there.

Last edited:
I hear many experts are comparing him to **** Butkus. They are saying things like "Butkus is over 60 years old and he's still better than Beisel".

TNPatsFan said:
I hear many experts are comparing him to **** Butkus. They are saying things like "Butkus is over 60 years old and he's still better than Beisel".

Boy, you guys are brutal. I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If Belichick didn't have any confidence in him, I've gotta believe he would have brought in another starting caliber ILB by now.

huskeralk said:
Boy, you guys are brutal. I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If Belichick didn't have any confidence in him, I've gotta believe he would have brought in another starting caliber ILB by now.

But it's kind of hard to just "bring in" starting players at any position in late July. Those guys are already playing for somebody, not sitting at home waiting for Belichick to call. I don't think we can say Bill has that much confidence in Beisel just because he's starting. It may only mean he has more confidence in him than any of the other options he has.

But to be completely honest, Beisel isn't my biggest concern on the team. I think the LB's will be fine as long as noone gets hurt.

TNPatsFan said:
But it's kind of hard to just "bring in" starting players at any position in late July. Those guys are already playing for somebody, not sitting at home waiting for Belichick to call.

Donnie Edwards is hanging out in SD just waiting for some team to make a trade for him.

huskeralk said:
Donnie Edwards is hanging out in SD just waiting for some team to make a trade for him.

Well if making trades is that easy, why don't they just trade for Jonathan Vilma and Brian Urlacher while they're at it. It takes two teams to make a trade and San Diego may not be willing to do it, at least not at a price the Pats are willing to meet.

Last edited by a moderator:
TNPatsFan said:
Well if making trades is that easy, why don't they just trade for Jonathan Vilma and Brian Urlacher while they're at it. It takes two teams to make a trade and San Diego may not be willing to do it, at least not at a price the Pats are willing to meet.

I thought that it had been preetty well documented that the Chargers are seeking to trade Edwards. That's why I mentioned him in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News