PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any News on Lafell????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good so far. He is a terrific addition to the team

phew.....as fans, we don't need any injuries......

Thank god he is ok, hopefully the same rings true for arrington and connoly. Considering we played the scumbags of the league, not bad.

Brandon LaFell needs 2 catches, 4 yards, and 1 touchdown to set new career highs for a season. When you consider he did not have a catch the first 2 weeks that is very impressive. If you take his stats since week 3 and projected them over a full season he would have 85 catches, 1198 yards, and 9 touchdowns. That is pro bowl caliber production.

All I could think was how needless that play was. I wish BB would take the best players out once the game is effectively over... but he hasn't called yet to ask about my thoughts on his decisions. LOL

I didn't get why they were going for it on 4th down with the game in hand. The only thing I could think of was that they were PRACTICING for when it would actually count sometime later.

Brandon LaFell needs 2 catches, 4 yards, and 1 touchdown to set new career highs for a season. When you consider he did not have a catch the first 2 weeks that is very impressive. If you take his stats since week 3 and projected them over a full season he would have 85 catches, 1198 yards, and 9 touchdowns. That is pro bowl caliber production.

But but LaFAIL

I didn't get why they were going for it on 4th down with the game in hand. The only thing I could think of was that they were PRACTICING for when it would actually count sometime later.

Because Suh ran his mouth and then Detroit called a Timeout.

Still bothers me for that play was completely unnecessary. We did not need to go for it on that play.
If we had not gone for it, we would have been risking injuries to defensive players on the next series.

I didn't get why they were going for it on 4th down with the game in hand.

Because it made more sense than the other options:

- It obviously wasn't punting territory.
- A gratuitous field goal would have left the Pats with essentially the same 3-score differential, and immediately put the ball back in the Lions' hands. The Lions would have proceeded to run a bunch of frantic plays, which if nothing else would increase injury risks.

Going for it was the path toward ending the game quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News