PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any coincidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo hit it! If our O Line stays the same going into the playoffs as it was in the Jags game, I'm feeling pretty good entering the playoffs. Neal is the key to our running game. When he's not in there we suffer big time when rushing the ball. Now add Volmer on the right side and subtract Kazur and we are looking even better.
If we commit to some semblance of a running game, this team is so much better and more apt to make a serious run than having Brady throwing it 40 times.
The run pass split against the Jags was perfect.

The Globe brought this up yesterday:

Neal completed formidable line - The Boston Globe

Some interesting comments from BB:

- "It’s interesting, because I was just kind of thinking about that yesterday. We’ve never really had all our linemen healthy at the same time. I don’t even know what our lineup is, because we never really had that opportunity."
- "I thought our protection was really good. Those guys did a good job. There were a number of times when Tom [Brady] really had a chance to step up into the pocket and had some real clear throwing lanes, particularly in the red area. I really thought they did a good job."

That's practically gushing praise, coming from Belichick. I think that one of the biggest keys to the Pats making a serious playoff run will be having that OL intact and healthy. Give Brady time, and run block effectively, and the offense will be transformed.

Our O-line has really come together and I think its no coincidence that Maroney has been running better since our Oline has switched to the Light/Seebass combo. Now with Neal back in there we can hit defenses in the mouth with a strong running game and go over the top when needed. Now lets get the fat guys upfront on D healthy and lets hit this playoff ground running...so to speak lol

This is one of the few times when the conventional wisdom, and what seems obvious, is actually correct. Assuming health of Neal (always a big if) the O-line can be absolutely tremendous in the playoffs with Vollmer in there. It gives the Pats a running game and it gives Brady time to throw--essentially, it puts the Pats in good shape to score every time they touch the ball.

I am now starting to wonder if:

- Bill should de-activate (or at least not start) Neal just to ensure his health for the POs;
if Kaczur is good to go, then perhaps some work at RG would serve him well, just in case.

- or if Bill should start Neal in order to work off whatever rust in his game might still remain.

Kaczur???..some work??...he's had plenty of "work" this season...enough to expose him as the plodding, shortarmed pancake in waiting he is...he has NO first step...ends rush with impunity when he's out there...I never dog Patriot players as a rule but I've seen enough of "Max" Kaczur to last me this season.At guard he'd invoke flashbacks of Todd Rucci getting pushed back seven yards into the backfield on straight ahead dive plays...no thanks

Last edited:
Given Neal's injury history and his uncanny importance to our offense, he is a player I personally would like to see rested this week. Give Vollmer some reps to keep him sharp, and take him out early too. That goes for Light too now that I think of it... :D

I have a feeling that both O & D lines will see the backups play quite a bit this week.

Kaczur???..some work??...he's had plenty of "work" this season...enough to expose him as the plodding, shortarmed pancake in waiting he is...he has NO first step...ends rush with impunity when he's out there...I never dog Patriot players as a rule but I've seen enough of "Max" Kaczur to last me this season.At guard he'd invoke flashbacks of Todd Rucci getting pushed back seven yards into the backfield on straight ahead dive plays...no thanks

Cruel jingoist racism towards the Canadian likening him to Max "Fast" Lane.

Last edited:
Given Neal's injury history and his uncanny importance to our offense, he is a player I personally would like to see rested this week. Give Vollmer some reps to keep him sharp, and take him out early too. That goes for Light too now that I think of it... :D

I have a feeling that both O & D lines will see the backups play quite a bit this week.

Are you leaving Brady out there with a backup O line and Houston needing a win badly to get to the playoffs?

Me...cruel?...surely you jest..

the-joker-darkn-knight.jpg

Are you leaving Brady out there with a backup O line and Houston needing a win badly to get to the playoffs?

If the backup OLmen are playing, then I would expect the backup QB to be playing with them...I hope.

Re: Any coincidence ...

True. I'm as big a Vollmer fan as anyone. But in all fairness, we also had Vollmer and Neal vs. Kaczur and Connolly. That's an even bigger discrepancy.

If we have Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Vollmer healthy for the playoffs and we use the kind of offensive diversity which we showed yesterday, I like our chances.

Bingo. I know we've said it a lot but for a rookie Vollmer's had a great season, playing both tackle spots, playing against Freeney etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back