PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Cromartie agrees that Moss slacked off against Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez never beat him on a go route. Terrell Owens hasn't played against Cromartie yet this season, don't know where you are getting that from. Houshmanzadeh did absolutely nothing in that game (one catch). Welker didn't beat him on a go route. Marshall & Anquan Boldin are the only ones you could argue.

My bad on T.O. I was thinking about Mason. Housh beat him on another go route and got a P.I. and then bet him on the INT it was just a terrible throw by Flacco. And are u disputing that Welker and Hernandez didn't beat Cromartie like a rented mule?

At :06 he's haflway turned, at :07 he's fully turned and running completely upfield. You can use the pause button and if I had the time or inclination I'd download the video and get pics posted just so you can stop lying.
OK this is my last response, then I'm done. Have the last word if you wish.

When they leave the screen Cromarties hips and shoulder are 4 degrees to the sideline and he is about a half step ahead of Moss.
When they reappear he is 2 yards ahead of Moss.
Also when they leave the screen Cromratie is about a foot outside the numbers and when they reappear he is on the boundary. Cromartie comopleted his turn and widened and gained at least a yard and a half on Moss.
Moss can run faster than that if he wants to.

100% false, again the video is right there and you are the only one still trying to argue it is showing something it isn't.
45 degree angle is not fully turned

Even if Moss "beat" Cromartie to the ball, you do realize that Cromartie would still BE THERE as the ball lands right? Still that doesn't nothing to change the fact that Cromartie has position 100% of the time from any feed you have access to. You really are grasping for straws.
Cromartie only has position because he outhustles Moss to it.
Brady will choose to make that throw every single time when Moss is that close to running past a turning corner. And Moss outruns that corner 100% fo the time he tries to.

LOL get over yourself Andy, I mean honestly. Stop trying to demand what Moss' effort level was during a play at a time you have 0 video evidence of.
He was in position to beat the corner.
Do you dispute that Cromartie gained ground on Moss from the time he was at a 45 degree angle to the sideline? Because he did, there is no disputing that. If you really think Moss cant outrun a corner who still has to complete his hip turn, I guess yu havent been watching.
As Mike Shanahan used to say if a WR cant beat man coverage John Elway has 7 car lots he can work in. It is ridiculous to think Moss shouldnt beat a corner that is getting worked over by other WRs when he has no deep help, gives no jam, and Moss is halfa step behind while he is completing his hip turn 35 yards from where the ball comes down.

Again, it's 100% factual that Cromartie is completely turned and running upfield as they go out of camera view.
No it isnt. He still hasnt turned and you can also tell by the fact that he is wider to the sideline when he comes back in the picture.

What did I make up? You said these exact words:
That I said he threw it outside.

It's humanly impossible to reach as far with 2 hands as you can with 1. The ball hits his one hand that is 100% completely outstretched. I'm sorry that you wish we had inspector gadget on that play, but that's your problem not reality.
If he turned and went up for the ball at its highest point with 2 hands instead of just reaching out with 1, its a catch.

If Brady throws it to the outside it's a catch. "Effort" is not "using 2 hands". Honestly, you are being beyond absurd now. BEYOND absurd. I suppose he lacked effort on the TD too :rolleyes:
You see what you want to see.

When they leave the screen Cromarties hips and shoulder are 4 degrees to the sideline and he is about a half step ahead of Moss.

That's completely false, when they leave the screen Cromartie is completely turned running upfield. Note that no DB in the universe runs straight line upfield ignoring the WR, he obviously is going to have his shoulders/head somewhat tilted to watch his receiver. He always has position. You extrapolate it out of screen to degrade Moss, it's patently absurd.

When they reappear he is 2 yards ahead of Moss.

When they reappear :)09) he is still 1 step ahead of Moss. Why do you feel the need to lie?

Also when they leave the screen Cromratie is about a foot outside the numbers and when they reappear he is on the boundary. Cromartie comopleted his turn and widened and gained at least a yard and a half on Moss.
Moss can run faster than that if he wants to.

Again why do you lie?

Cromartie only has position because he outhustles Moss to it.

Right :rolleyes:

Brady will choose to make that throw every single time when Moss is that close to running past a turning corner. And Moss outruns that corner 100% fo the time he tries to.

Wrong, he's NOT thrown that ball frequently. He throws that ball in THAT situation because everyone is covered and it's 3rd and long and it's AS GOOD as a punt. Don't let facts and context get in your way though.

He was in position to beat the corner.

But decided that he didn't want to beat the corner. Brady throws that ball 100% of the time you say, so Moss would have to KNOW he's getting it and thus decided he didn't want to the TD? Get over your blind hatred. Honestly, your logic just is not good.

Do you dispute that Cromartie gained ground on Moss from the time he was at a 45 degree angle to the sideline? Because he did, there is no disputing that.

The only ground he "gains" is on Moss' stutter step to the inside and then back for the tackle.

If you really think Moss cant outrun a corner who still has to complete his hip turn, I guess yu havent been watching.

Strawman, keep lying.

As Mike Shanahan used to say if a WR cant beat man coverage John Elway has 7 car lots he can work in. It is ridiculous to think Moss shouldnt beat a corner that is getting worked over by other WRs when he has no deep help, gives no jam, and Moss is halfa step behind while he is completing his hip turn 35 yards from where the ball comes down.

Cromartie can't possibly make a good play, and he's slow too :rolleyes:

No it isnt. He still hasnt turned and you can also tell by the fact that he is wider to the sideline when he comes back in the picture.

You are lying, I'll get a picture sooner or later.

That I said he threw it outside.

So back shoulder is inside shoulder?

If he turned and went up for the ball at its highest point with 2 hands instead of just reaching out with 1, its a catch.

Please don't try to tell a HOF WR how to play the ball, honestly. Look up the word Hubris. If Brady throws it outside, it's a catch, lets keep ignoring that.

You see what you want to see.

Says the guy who keeps trying to convince people the video I linked is lying lol

My bad on T.O. I was thinking about Mason. Housh beat him on another go route and got a P.I. and then bet him on the INT it was just a terrible throw by Flacco. And are u disputing that Welker and Hernandez didn't beat Cromartie like a rented mule?

Mason was defended by Revis the entire game and didnt do anything
it was Wilson who got burned by Housh on the PI call

and the INT was a great play by Cro, he was at the right place and no one beat him

he got beat by Welker on the TD but thats about it

there are planty of reasons to bad mouth Cro, but know your facts

Last edited:
Yeah, but the Panthers players didn't have a good view of that. Neither have the hundreds of NFL players, coaches, and commentators that have stated the exact same thing. PatsFans.com knows better than them....

I truly believe Randy has some sort of deep emotional problem that makes him crap out in games and not settle down with a team.

The thing is even WITH these mental problems he goes through he is still 2nd best WR ever....if he was fully stable he would have been #1 best WR ever by a landslide.

Randy has been,and will be a malcontent no matter what the team or circumstances are,sometimes it takes longer for the REAL Moss to come out but it has and it will come out AGAIN in Minnesota.

The big thing that seperates Jerry Rice from Randy is Jerry was a winner and played hard right to the end no matter what his role was with his team and didnt cry about how many catches he got.
Jerry was a T-E-A-M WR and thats why he is the best ever.

Last edited:
I truly believe Randy has some sort of deep emotional problem that makes him crap out in games and not settle down with a team.

The thing is even WITH these mental problems he goes through he is still 2nd best WR ever....if he was fully stable he would have been #1 best WR ever by a landslide.

Randy has been,and will be a malcontent no matter what the team or circumstances are,sometimes it takes longer for the REAL Moss to come out but it has and it will come out AGAIN in Minnesota.

The big thing that seperates Jerry Rice from Randy is Jerry was a winner and played hard right to the end no matter what his role was with his team and didnt cry about how many catches he got.
Jerry was a T-E-A-M WR and thats why he is the best ever.

L M F A O

Do you know Jerry Rice? Everyone always says that about Jerry Rice when it is a myth that has spread over the internet. Jerry would flip out at camera men after games when he didn't get the football a lot or wasn't the focal point of the game. THIS IS A FACT! He is no different then Randy Moss, only more vocal about it. He was a DIVA and has complained when others got the glory he thought he should get and I've also seen him punch and kick the ground for a few seconds after dropping a pass.

"You could see Jerry(s) dissapointment after someone else made a TD catch that he wanted"

Watch this starting at 2:12

YouTube - ESPN Sportscentury Jerry Rice (pt. 4 of 6)

Last edited:
I don't understand the drama. Revis goes out. Cromatie goes in WITH safety help. Moss knows when he's doubled, his job is then to take his defenders out of the play. No need to exert full energy on that, it's stupid and counter productive actually. Althetes aren't machines. They have only so much juice. Save it for when he needs it. I guarantee he busted it when he saw he was single covered and wasn't just a decoy space maker.

Of course after being a decoy for play after play, it looks like he's slacking. Especially when he knows he's not getting the ball, doesn't expect to, and there's nothing he can do about it. This obviously, just adds to the negative body language and interpretation.

This is then perceived by fans with little knowledge and CB's who fail to disclose they had safety help all game and would probably do the same thing in his shoes.

Do you REALLY think if cagey, 1 hand grabbing, eye faking Randy Moss really tried his hardest on all these routes, no matter how detrimental later in the contest, he would have more TD's than the astounding 100 over 101 games? Figure it out guys. No sale.

L M F A O

Do you know Jerry Rice? Everyone always says that about Jerry Rice when it is a myth that has spread over the internet. Jerry would flip out at camera men after games when he didn't get the football a lot or wasn't the focal point of the game. THIS IS A FACT! He is no different then Randy Moss, only more vocal about it. He was a DIVA and has complained when others got the glory he thought he should get and I've also seen him punch and kick the ground for a few seconds after dropping a pass.

"You could see Jerry(s) dissapointment after someone else made a TD catch that he wanted"

Watch this starting at 2:12

YouTube - ESPN Sportscentury Jerry Rice (pt. 4 of 6)

GREAT VIDEO! I always knew Jerry Rice was a bit of a control freak but I didn't know he was THAT bad. lol Obviously great players are going to be mad when there not utilized correctly, thats what makes them great. What gets me is that when Moss first came to NE, they told him "keep your mouth shut and play football" he responded by having one of the greatest seasons a WR could have. Then they reward him with a new contract, great, Moss plays it out, continues to play at a high level. One year before his contract is up he makes a statement"an outburst" to some people about his future, how he plans to play this year out and wants to retire a Patriot, then gets traded. No explanation as to why, people come up with there very own conclusions, some FAR from the truth. Now Moss is Mr. gives up on plays and a "bad" player for not giving 1000% each and every play. (and yes I did mean to put 1000)

The winners write the history of an event, sad, but true.

Some people just like Moss too much and they will look for any possible way to talk positively about him.

I fixed it for you.

I don't understand the drama. Revis goes out. Cromatie goes in WITH safety help. Moss knows when he's doubled, his job is then to take his defenders out of the play. No need to exert full energy on that, it's stupid and counter productive actually. Althetes aren't machines. They have only so much juice. Save it for when he needs it. I guarantee he busted it when he saw he was single covered and wasn't just a decoy space maker.

Of course after being a decoy for play after play, it looks like he's slacking. Especially when he knows he's not getting the ball, doesn't expect to, and there's nothing he can do about it. This obviously, just adds to the negative body language and interpretation.

This is then perceived by fans with little knowledge and CB's who fail to disclose they had safety help all game and would probably do the same thing in his shoes.

Do you REALLY think if cagey, 1 hand grabbing, eye faking Randy Moss really tried his hardest on all these routes, no matter how detrimental later in the contest, he would have more TD's than the astounding 100 over 101 games? Figure it out guys. No sale.
The problem is that Cromartie didnt have help.
Randy Moss was covered one on one by a mediocre corner in the second half of that game and was a non-factor.
We can either conclude Moss can no longer beat man coverage or Moss wasn't going all out.

Mason was defended by Revis the entire game and didnt do anything
it was Wilson who got burned by Housh on the PI call

and the INT was a great play by Cro, he was at the right place and no one beat him

he got beat by Welker on the TD but thats about it

there are planty of reasons to bad mouth Cro, but know your facts

First off I think you need to know your facts Cromartie was checking Housh on the PI on the left sidelines and if Flacco puts the ball in front of Housh instead of behind there would be nothing Cromartie could have done since he was beat by a good 2 steps and only caught up because it was undertrown hence the INT. Secondly if you think Revis checked Mason all game then you didn't watch the game answer this who was on Boldin? Wilson got a PI on Heap not Housh. And mason did beat Cromartie just like Hernandez did the only person not to beat Cromartie all year is Moss.

First off I think you need to know your facts Cromartie was checking Housh on the PI on the left sidelines and if Flacco puts the ball in front of Housh instead of behind there would be nothing Cromartie could have done since he was beat by a good 2 steps and only caught up because it was undertrown hence the INT. Secondly if you think Revis checked Mason all game then you didn't watch the game answer this who was on Boldin? Wilson got a PI on Heap not Housh. And mason did beat Cromartie just like Hernandez did the only person not to beat Cromartie all year is Moss.

there is so may wrongs in what you said i will not even answer it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back