PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Appleby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither was Wes Welker.

The NFL doesn't keep track of missed tackles, so I don't see 120 tackles as all that important of a stat. Tracking defensive player quality by tackles is patently absurd.
your talking a backup insurance linebacker, go chill and relax

Lenon is going to replace izzo. A good ST Player.

You have Bruschi, Mayo, Guyton, thomas, and the Michigan crew...

next yr's draft is loaded with LB's both inside and outside.

your talking a backup insurance linebacker,

Which is why his tackle numbers are even less relevant. If hes competing for a backup/ST spot, then he has to be significantly better than the kids who still have upside.

i never said Appleby would BE more productive then Lenon....

i WANT Appleby to be more productive than Lenon...and its precicely b/c of the age....we would be able to pair guyton, mayo and appleby together for the future where Lenon has i would say about 3 years left

A best case scenerio for Lenon is one year with the Patriots and

then look for more money elsewhere.

umm, wuts with all the tension? is Lenon himself on this board? dang...

look, i would love for him to prove great, but i would rather Appleby beat him out, b/c i see appleby as the ted washington replacement, which in some situations we will need and ive wanted ted washington replacement for a long time....

I'm always excited about new guys competing for a roster spot, and I'd absolutely love it if Appleby came in and contributed in a positive way. But I don't quite understand how anyone can even make the assumption that he makes this team.

Lenon is an experienced player, and unless he totally doesn't fit in with our system or proves uncoachable, he will not only be a ST player but he will get reps. Obviously I'd like it if Appleby becomes a Gary Guyton type (guy who can contribute and has the potential for more), but with UDFA it is more or less a complete crapshoot.

Last edited:
oops, I thought this was a thread about Appleby.

Anyway Pro Football Weekly's draft guide said of Appleby that he has all the physical tools to play ILB in the NFL but the "light doesn't stay on all the time". So that means he is not focused or not taking football seriously.

This best thing that happened to the player IMO is that he went undrafted. Now if he figures out that he is not on scholarship anymore and he has to be a pro, maybe he'll be a player.

I'm always excited about new guys competing for a roster spot, and I'd absolutely love it if Appleby came in and contributed in a positive way. But I don't quite understand how anyone can even make the assumption that he makes this team.

Lenon is an experienced player, and unless he totally doesn't fit in with our system or proves uncoachable, he will not only be a ST player but he will get reps. Obviously I'd like it if Appleby becomes a Gary Guyton type (guy who can contribute and has the potential for more), but with UDFA it is more or less a complete crapshoot.

Ron Hobson had experience with a 3-4 defense with the Jets could not beat

out Gary Guyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3