PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Peter King WTF - writes Pats are in 3rd place, not 2nd seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone explain why they stopped blitzing LB's in the 2nd half? or even why they were appearing to be alot more aggressive in the 1st half, always being between the DL's, while 2nd half had them 5 yards off the line.....

It didn't seem to be anything the dolphins were doing........

What that disgusting Clown lacks in Intelligence, he makes up for in Stupidity.

Right on. I haven't clicked anything by Peter the Queen of all sports media in six years,
and have no intention of doing so in the future.

I understand that, and even then, I don't think it's all on the players. the scheme, the playcalling, opponents are getting open just as much because they are being put in position to fail....who the hell cooked up the idea to do the zone back there with guys like wallace? it's the one thing that allows the offense to succeed without earning it. I think they need to be put into position to force the offense to put some effort or accuracy into their plays...I can accept the TD play made against hightower......it was an outstanding throw and a good catch....hightower does not deserve to be criticized for that one......thigpen is a nobody who made a play, like develin did last week and hooman did this week

all I am hoping for now is that if the pats go down, they go down swinging...all I dread is to have a playoff game similar to the last 2 of 3 against the ravens......basically tail down the entire 2nd half

I think part of the problem was that the pats were in an unfamiliar territory of playing with a lead and then having the clock work against them.

The one thing that bothered me on the last drive was the defensive offside by wake...the time was more important than the yards which gave me the idea that in the last 2 minutes, defensive penalties need to all be treated as 'dead ball' and have the time put back on the clock.....this would even make it easier to dispense with the spot of foul PI

I honestly have no idea why the hell they went so zone heavy in the second half. Actually, they did it at the end of the first half which allowed the Dolphins to score a momentum swinging touchdown before halftime then, for whatever ungodly reason, continued it into the second half.

Yep, this was a topic that was brought up while watching the game with a group of friends. Early on, the D was getting the ball back for the O, which not only killed opposing drives but gave a struggling/learning O extra chances to put something together.

Lately, if the O isn't putting up points, the lack of TO's is really having an impact.
That was always the worry. If the Patriots defense doesn't take away the ball, the yards they give up begin to matter because it eats up clock and would eventually lead to points for the opposition. With the terrific offenses of years past, they could make up for those games when that did happen. Now with all the changes on offense and the lack of turnovers from the defense (and the yardage allowed still piling up), it means close games most weeks.

I'm hoping for all the banged up guys who can contribute come January get healthy for a playoff run that might surprise a lot of people. Please get the #2 seed, too, NE!

i know a few unemployed buddies who could do better then this clown

It's best to avoid anything he wrotes these days. I stopped reading his work about two seasons ago.

Dude, really, get a perspective. These guys are pressed right up against a deadline - occasionally, despite writing thousands and thousands of words and lines, they let something slip. King has fact checkers on the staff to confirm the latest news. One of them likely let this slip through as King surely had two versions written previous to the Pitt/Cincy and the editor/checker was supposed to use the one that fit the outcome of the late game. And had Cincy won his original summation would hardly have been "sensationalist."

Peter King has a deadline like Florio or Bill Simmons have a deadline, none. The fact that he had written this for the Bengals

Then there was an egg-laying of the highest degree in Pittsburgh

Clearly shows he did these after the Sunday Night game which means the hack should have known the Bengals stayed the #3 seed. Which meant the Patriots stayed the #2 seed.

lol trying to act like he has fact checkers and had two versions. The guy was at NBC watching the Sunday night game writing his monday morning piece and the damn thing was posted at 9am today. More than enough time to catch his own mistake.

He's a sensationalist hack

Stop being a Peter King honk homer. Maybe you should PM a mod to have them change your name to King'sButtBoy

Peter King has a deadline like Florio or Bill Simmons have a deadline, none. The fact that he had written this for the Bengals

Clearly shows he did these after the Sunday Night game which means the hack should have known the Bengals stayed the #3 seed. Which meant the Patriots stayed the #2 seed.

lol trying to act like he has fact checkers and had two versions. The guy was at NBC watching the Sunday night game writing his monday morning piece and the damn thing was posted at 9am today. More than enough time to catch his own mistake.

He's a sensationalist hack

Stop being a Peter King honk homer. Maybe you should PM a mod to have them change your name to King'sButtBoy

MMQB is well over 5,000 words (e.g., the equivalent of a 15-20 page college paper), so I'm guessing that significant parts of it are written before the Sunday night game is over.

Still no excuse for missing something that important (assuming he uses something like Word, he could easily flag things that need to be checked pending outcomes of late games).

I dont give him much credence or his opinions. He is all over the place. Having said that he did mention in one place that cincy let the #2 seed and than missed about the pats waking up to #3 seed. Its a mistake , he acknowledged on twitter and corrected . Happens.

Dennard and Talib are both still obviously hurting and are simply gutting it out. I think the bigger concern is the fact that they are no longer generating turnovers.
Dropped 2 Ints yesterday. Collins and Ryan.

you should have also bolded this part:
6. New England (10-4). Five games in a row, every one on the edge of a cliff. Loss at Carolina. Twin 34-31 wins over Denver, Houston. Gift 27-26 win over Cleveland.

So having gronk literally bear hugged and pushed out of the endzone result in an interception is okay(this ignores both pass interferance, and contact after 5 yards), but a player from the browns getting called on a debatable pass interference is a "gift" win

Absolute bull**** nonsense. this is why i dont read anything peter king does anymore. dude is insane, hes a peyton manning cronie.

These articles are probably written over time, with different sections being updated at various times. Probably a mistake by an editor or fact-checker. PK is a hack though. You can't say the CLE game was a "gift" (I'm assuming because of the PI) without also mentioning that we got screwed in CAR.

I'm sure it is written early. The revelation that he phones in his one and only job is hardly an excuse. I don't think the "Hey boss, I was lazy so I half ******* it today" excuse would fly for anyone else.

With Peter King, I think at this point it's a matter of taking the good with the bad, and understanding that probably 95% of what he puts out there is worthless.

Personally, I avoid MMQB now, and I have since "early in the 2007 season" (if you get my drift), because by that time, I had been reading it regularly and just as regularly wondered why I never read anything there that I didn't already know about (except King's opinion on things, which I stopped caring about at that point in time). For people that are more casual NFL fans than am I, I can see where MMQB is both informative and entertaining. I see it as being written by King deliberately as "light fare" and should be "consumed" or "avoided" with that understanding.

On the other hand, given his access around the league, which I think is not disputable based on the evidence, he is unique in being able to produce something like his recent behind the scenes stories about one of the NFL officiating crews. I thought that was fascinating, something I never really knew or even thought that much about before. I thought it was well-written also, and moreover was something that he is quite possibly uniquely capable of producing. I would never expect that type of piece from a Rappaport or Schefter, and certainly not from a throw-crap-against-a-wall sewer rat like Florio.

As for the subject at hand, are we so thin-skinned as Pats fans that we get exorcised about some little goof-up in his column today? Sure, it's annoying, but so is it really surprising to you that he has a negative spin on the Patriots right now? I think he is just blowing in the wind, just following the national media "I'm so sick of the Patriots already" storyline. That's nothing new for him, and this lack of courage in whatever convictions he may have - assuming he has any beyond his lust for income and sickly sweet coffee concoctions - is why other than the occassional story such as the one mentioned above I generally avoid him unless I have seen enough to make a special visit.

He lives in Joisey. But he was born in Springfield, MA.
I believe he grew up in CT, raised his family in NJ, moved to and lived in Boston recently and then moved a while ago to Manhattan where he now resides. I'm actually embarrassed that I know this. He's a pretentious, phony dink.

just following the national media "I'm so sick of the Patriots already" storyline.

Well, too bad for him.

Pats aren't going away anytime soon.

Cleveland win was a gift??

I dont give him much credence or his opinions. He is all over the place. Having said that he did mention in one place that cincy let the #2 seed and than missed about the pats waking up to #3 seed. Its a mistake , he acknowledged on twitter and corrected . Happens.

Did he acknowledge this mistake also?

6. New England (10-4). Five games in a row, every one on the edge of a cliff. Loss at Carolina. Twin 34-31 wins over Denver, Houston. Gift 27-26 win over Cleveland. And Sunday’s game, ending with three failed shots at the end zone, down 24-20 at very loud Miami in the final seconds. So 3-2 in those five, and all it means is the Patriots are in every game, dominating no one.

It was 4 failed shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST