Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Peter King WTF - writes Pats are in 3rd place, not 2nd seed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +435 / 5 / -1

Does this guy even proof read his articles? Where is SI's fact checkers?

From his MMQB article:

Michael Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Matt Flynn penned storybook Week 15 | The MMQB with Peter King

Ummmm.... Peter. The Pats wake up this morning as the #2 seed in the AFC. The Pats are 10-4 and both the Bengals and Colts are 9-5. You do realize that KC cannot be the #2 seed if Denver is the #1 seed even if they end up having the second best record in the AFC?
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Guess he didn't have his triple express latee frapachino (or what ever the fck he drinks in the morning) before writing this piece.
  3. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +95 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

What that disgusting Clown lacks in Intelligence, he makes up for in Stupidity.
  4. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +125 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

Who needs fact-checkers when there's a narrative to make up?
  5. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

He probably wrote it yesterday assuming the Bengals would win and forgot to proof read and change it. He's like the NFL TMZ reporter.
  6. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +435 / 5 / -1

Yeah, it does sound more ominous to say that the Pats will have to host Baltimore Wild Card weekend rather than saying they get a bye and host Cincy, Indy, or KC in the division round.
  7. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +297 / 5 / -7

Yep you *****ing hack that was a gift win. Having to score twice and recover an onside kick in the final 2 minutes.

But if that was manning it would be considered a clutch win.
  8. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

The biggest shame is that he is, in fact, a native New Englander.
  9. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +297 / 5 / -7

Also, wtf

At one point I swear the Patriots fans were louder than the Miami fans.
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I thought he was from Joisey.
  11. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

He lives in Joisey. But he was born in Springfield, MA.
  12. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

I don't think it matters

people hand wringing over the pats with their 25M plus in salary cap sitting on IR is pretty funny.

they'll go as far as they can and there will really be no criticizing of it by me....I mean really, how much can you expect? hope for it all, but realistic expectation has this team winning a playoff game.......from there, we can cross our fingers and hope that thompkins, dobson, and solder are healthy and the pats can be effective at running some spread, otherwise, we will need help from the weather.

I'm proud of the defensive front 7, but the secondary is my biggest complaint this year. they're still getting killed on 3rd down
  13. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +435 / 5 / -1

At least the moderator of the MMQB site is quick to make changes. Here is the revised article:

14. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +297 / 5 / -7

But let's also remember this was the guy that was baffled at how the schedule makers scheduled another Brady/Manning match this year and was frustrated as to why it was in NE again.

Which clearly showed how much of hack sensationalist writer he is.
  15. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Dennard and Talib are both still obviously hurting and are simply gutting it out. I think the bigger concern is the fact that they are no longer generating turnovers.
  16. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

And every time we throw a hissy fit about one of the mediots articles, they win

Start ignoring these people, you can't control what they write or who they give a b*** job to.
  17. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -1

Dude, really, get a perspective. These guys are pressed right up against a deadline - occasionally, despite writing thousands and thousands of words and lines, they let something slip. King has fact checkers on the staff to confirm the latest news. One of them likely let this slip through as King surely had two versions written previous to the Pitt/Cincy and the editor/checker was supposed to use the one that fit the outcome of the late game. And had Cincy won his original summation would hardly have been "sensationalist."
  18. TedyB54

TedyB54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yep, this was a topic that was brought up while watching the game with a group of friends. Early on, the D was getting the ball back for the O, which not only killed opposing drives but gave a struggling/learning O extra chances to put something together.

Lately, if the O isn't putting up points, the lack of TO's is really having an impact.
  19. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

I agree with the poster who suggested that King had given the W to the Bengals before the game was played. Big mistake.
  20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

I understand that, and even then, I don't think it's all on the players. the scheme, the playcalling, opponents are getting open just as much because they are being put in position to fail....who the hell cooked up the idea to do the zone back there with guys like wallace? it's the one thing that allows the offense to succeed without earning it. I think they need to be put into position to force the offense to put some effort or accuracy into their plays...I can accept the TD play made against hightower......it was an outstanding throw and a good catch....hightower does not deserve to be criticized for that one......thigpen is a nobody who made a play, like develin did last week and hooman did this week

all I am hoping for now is that if the pats go down, they go down swinging...all I dread is to have a playoff game similar to the last 2 of 3 against the ravens......basically tail down the entire 2nd half

I think part of the problem was that the pats were in an unfamiliar territory of playing with a lead and then having the clock work against them.

The one thing that bothered me on the last drive was the defensive offside by wake...the time was more important than the yards which gave me the idea that in the last 2 minutes, defensive penalties need to all be treated as 'dead ball' and have the time put back on the clock.....this would even make it easier to dispense with the spot of foul PI