PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Mergedx4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Super Bowl parking situation?

It takes a long time to get into the stadium because of the heightened security (you're standing in line for an hour or two).

Really? I had not heard that before. Guess I should get there early.

If anybody needs a hotel near Glendale.....

I've had a death in the family, will not be heading to Arizona, and two seconds ago cancelled my reservation at the Super 8, Phoenix, WEST. 1-800-800-8000. It's 1:07 PM right now. Should be a reservation available if you hurry and call.

No I didn't have game tickets yet. Was waiting for the prices to drop.

Re: If anybody needs a hotel near Glendale.....

So sorry to hear about your loss.

=========

I also have extra hotel reservations at Motel 6 in Tempe and Studio 6 in Deer Valley (both Wed - Mon) that I will be cancelling in a few hours if no one wants them. They are both pretty cheap. PM me for info.

BTW, if I cancel and you just try to rebook the available room, you'll get the current rate which is about double what my rez is for so I'm surprised that no one wants to take the extra rooms for way below market prices.

Last edited:

Really? I had not heard that before. Guess I should get there early.

Took me 3 hours to get through security at SB38. I'd expect to wait at least an hour.

Re: Advice for buying SB XLII tickets

Not seeing much movement in prices this week.

Anyone have an idea of whether supply is considered high or low at this point?

Not seeing much movement in prices this week.

Anyone have an idea of whether supply is considered high or low at this point?

well if there are a lot of unsold tickets left than the supply is high.

If there aren't many tickets left and people are running around looking for them, i would say the supply is low.

Glad to help.

Took me 3 hours to get through security at SB38. I'd expect to wait at least an hour.

A guy I work with who went to SB 38 describes a similar problem. Apparently, things were really disorganized.

Everything I'm hearing is to count on 2 hours "to be cautious."

The parking lots are a different matter. If they really do check tickets before allowing parking, it could be crazy.

i've been watching the prices and pairs are starting to find there way into the sub 2500 price range. It is amazing since ebay is starting to get lots of tickets! I ended up buying on razorgator.com, there prices have also steadily dropped and i think i got a decent location

i am planning on trying to get into the game by around 1... going to kill time in the morning/afternoon at cabelas!

Best value bet is to try established Phoenix area ticket brokers (via yellowpages.com) who have the tickets in hand. Over the past week I've found the best site at: ticko.com

Example: Section 420 $2,150 and declining; lower end zone seats in 1st 15 rows at about $2,700. They have been going down about $100 per day since saturday, but the seat quality and prices at the above site, for what looks like a very legit. broker, are the best I have been monitoring. Also totaltickets.com pretty good too.

At this point on, I'd only deal with established ticket brokers who have the tickets in their hands.

Just got an email...

Greetings Super Bowl XLII Attendees!

Due to inclement weather conditions, the White Lot is no longer a functional parking site. Fortunately, we have been able to secure an alternative parking area that will afford you the same convenience and location. Please refer to the attached PDF map for directions to the newly designated parking area, West Blue Lot. The White Car Lot permit will be honored at this location. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility and hope that your Super Bowl XLII experience is an enjoyable one.

A guy I work with who went to SB 38 describes a similar problem. Apparently, things were really disorganized.

Everything I'm hearing is to count on 2 hours "to be cautious."

The parking lots are a different matter. If they really do check tickets before allowing parking, it could be crazy.

For SB39, we got there right a 1PM because we were expecting more of the same, we got in at 1:15pm. So, I had about 5 hours to kill inside the stadium. Not good.

2 hours now is a realistic expectation. You might get in quicker. Also figure you probably want a couple hours inside the stadium before the game to take pictures, buy souvenirs and to just settle into your seats.

Just got an email...

Greetings Super Bowl XLII Attendees!

Due to inclement weather conditions, the White Lot is no longer a functional parking site. Fortunately, we have been able to secure an alternative parking area that will afford you the same convenience and location. Please refer to the attached PDF map for directions to the newly designated parking area, West Blue Lot. The White Car Lot permit will be honored at this location. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility and hope that your Super Bowl XLII experience is an enjoyable one.

I just got that too. What is the "inclement weather" there??? Too bad, it looks like the Blue lot is further away.

I just got that too. What is the "inclement weather" there??? Too bad, it looks like the Blue lot is further away.

I think it's rain. Must be a dirt lot or a grass field or something like that which will become a mud pit when it rains on Sunday.

i think they all pull from the same source for the most part.

For example right now the same tickets are available
razorgator:
428 row 16: $2137
tickco:
428 row 16: $2116

As i scroll through i notice the both have the same stuff with equivalent pricing. Although razor gator has a 100% guarantee....

I am thinking tomorrow is D-day, with prices moving the inventory will really disappear by thursday. my guess is that there are around 1500-2000 tickets left. stubhub prices still are high so i am curious to see where they go tomorrow

No significant difference. If anything, white was worse, because it was on the other side of the highway from the stadium.

Blue is fine. 10 minute walk, and the walk is through the westgate center, which is nice.

No significant difference. If anything, white was worse, because it was on the other side of the highway from the stadium.

Blue is fine. 10 minute walk, and the walk is through the westgate center, which is nice.

Oh, that's cool. Thanks for the info.

All the inventory on those sites is the same...except Stub Hub.

In my experience, Tickets Now has the lowest prices of all the on line brokers.

Hey everyone-

the mods must of changed the posting rules and i wish this could be a new thread (need 50 posts now?)... Anyway if you haven't gotten your parking pass for the super bowl, i just picked one up on ebay for $0.99 = $30 for overnight shipping! They are about 75 retail from the official source (50 for pass, 10 for service fee and 15 for shipping)... what a riot, i'm going to pay less for parking at the super bowl than i do for games at gillette.

PM me if you want the link to the seller i bought from, i also can't post links until i hit 50 posts (is this really necessary?)

Hey everyone-

the mods must of changed the posting rules and i wish this could be a new thread (need 50 posts now?)... Anyway if you haven't gotten your parking pass for the super bowl, i just picked one up on ebay for $0.99 = $30 for overnight shipping! They are about 75 retail from the official source (50 for pass, 10 for service fee and 15 for shipping)... what a riot, i'm going to pay less for parking at the super bowl than i do for games at gillette.

PM me if you want the link to the seller i bought from, i also can't post links until i hit 50 posts (is this really necessary?)

Absolutley. It involves a lot more than just you. You don't need a new thread. Anyone interested can read your post here, that's why this thread was stickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes