PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck to IR: Colts (un)officially in the hunt for a top 3 pick

Umm..the fans paid season ticket expecting Luck....somebody lied to them.

Do you think Jacoby being traded and becoming a starting QB for the Colts factored into Jimmy G not wanting to continue to back up Brady? With Jimmy G out to SF; does to that make the Jacoby for Dorsett even worse given the contributions of both?

Do you think Jacoby being traded and becoming a starting QB for the Colts factored into Jimmy G not wanting to continue to back up Brady? With Jimmy G out to SF; does to that make the Jacoby for Dorsett even worse given the contributions of both?
Huh? You think jimmy was fine as a career backup but that changed when brisset got a start in Indy?

Garoppolo wouldn’t be in the league if he was happy being a backup.

Theory - the new GM saw the offensive line and Brissett getting sacked 10 times in a game saw how bad of a coach Chuck Pagano was and never intended to play Luck at all this season and they only made it seem like he would play to sell PSLs and season tickets.

Everything else was just a cover story so it seems like they intended to play him and weren't tanking, they did the same with Peyton Manning in 2011.

They announce this in pre season and lose millions of dollars.

They're going to end up picking 3rd, they have to trade this pick right?
I'll buy this.

Too bad for Luck. Hope he makes a full recovery. Also hope Jacoby beats him out as I like him more

BB frequently doesn't carry 3 QBs. I'm guessing he sees the roster space as too valuable and figures losing two QBs is unlikely.
But given BB had to know prior to the season there was a good chance this was JG's last hurrah with the Patriots, and given he traded Jacoby anyway, IMHO this points to BB believing Jacoby wasn't a good fit for the Patriots (or he felt Dorsett had decent potential for a breakout and felt the cost of Jacoby was worth the gamble).

To highlight this point, do you think BB would have kept the QB roster of Brady and Jacoby only for the rest of this season? And next season? I have my doubts...

Luck has been overrated. People give him a pass because the GM was awful. The great ones produce in the biggest games (Montana, Brady). In the NFL, very good regular season QBs aren't immortalized.

He throws the ball to the other team when the big game is on the line. I've never understood the fascination with Luck.

A few very good regular seasons is / was his ceiling.

Tough luck for Luck. We could do a hell of a lot worse going with Luck as Brady's successor provided Luck's Indy time hasn't permanently damaged his mind and body.

Mixed feelings for Jacoby. A good guy that was going to have a tough time finding a starting job in the near future. Enter Indy and its dysfunction to give Jacoby that expedited chance. And given the team around him, his play hasn't been too bad. Maybe he can parlay it into a good multi some place.

OTOH hate to see Jacoby's only opp to be one where he gets the pulp beaten out of him. 29 sacks in 7 games?? JHFC...is there any wonder why Luck's body is broken? Hopefully Jacoby can avoid a similar fate and eventually land someplace else with some decent $...

Right out of the Jete's playbook - sucking for the sake of sucking.

That’s some of the dumbest **** I think I’ve ever read. No wonder this dumbass thought Deflategate was real. He thought he was “smarter” than everyone else and he “saw what everyone else didn’t.”

That’s some of the dumbest **** I think I’ve ever read. No wonder this dumbass thought Deflategate was real. He thought he was “smarter” than everyone else and he “saw what everyone else didn’t.”

True story: Grigson tried to draft that wider, sturdier coffee mug in the 4th round of the 2013 draft.

True story: Grigson tried to draft that wider, sturdier coffee mug in the 4th round of the 2013 draft.
Every other scout, every other executive, literally every single individual involved in the NFL in any capacity said “Indy’s run defense is trash, they should draft Malcom Brown right now”... but Grigson could see beyond what everyone else could see - he felt, no he KNEW - what Indy REALLY needed was yet another fast receiver, one that would ultimately give the team nothing and be traded for New England’s third-string QB because all of Indy’s other QBs besides Luck were inexplicably still trash.

I’m happy for Irsay.....

Haha!

Attachments

• nelson-muntz-the-simpsons-cartoon-studio-96.4.jpg
    nelson-muntz-the-simpsons-cartoon-studio-96.4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Luck has been overrated. People give him a pass because the GM was awful. The great ones produce in the biggest games (Montana, Brady). In the NFL, very good regular season QBs aren't immortalized.

He throws the ball to the other team when the big game is on the line. I've never understood the fascination with Luck.

A few very good regular seasons is / was his ceiling.

Nonsense

You've been a fan. I find you to be logical so often. Yet I don't see it when it comes to Luck.

Regular season : 132 TDs. 68 INTs.

Playoffs : 9 & 12.

If it weren't for injuries wrecking his last couple seasons Luck would be a consensus top 5 QB. But his entire career tragectory is probably irreparably screwed.

Last edited:
You've been a fan. I find you to be logical so often. Yet I don't see it when it comes to Luck.

Regular season : 132 TDs. 68 INTs.

Playoffs : 9 & 12.

You made the argument about big games and the like:

The great ones produce in the biggest games (Montana, Brady). In the NFL, very good regular season QBs aren't immortalized.

First, Marino is immortalized, so that one's done.
Second, here are some playoff QB ratings for

Montana: 34.2, 42.0, 39.2, 60.0, 65.6
Brady: 49.1, 56.4, 57.5, 57.6, 62.3

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST