PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola contract lower than originally reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Not a bad deal, still would have liked to keep Wes to go along with him.

Amendola gets $6m signing bonus - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
The following are the contract figures for Danny Amendola, per a source.

It's a five-year pact with a total value of $27.7 million.

Signing bonus
$6 million

Base salaries
2013 -- $2 million (fully guaranteed)
2014 -- $3 million ($2 million guaranteed)
2015 -- $4 million
2016 -- $5 million
2017 -- $6 million

There are roster bonuses of $343,750 each year of the deal.

Salary cap charges
2013 -- $3,5 million
2014 -- $4.5 million
2015 -- $5.5 million
2016 -- $6.5 million
2017 -- $7.5 million

wow, that is a great deal. Back end loaded which could be renegotiated if need be, or if injuries continue to be a problem. I can see the rationale as he comes in much cheaper than WW.

I still question the decision from a production standpoint. Hope I'm wrong.

How much is guaranteed? I'm only seeing $4M guaranteed in the base salary listings.

Looks like a really good deal

It must be nice to be handed $6M right away with another $4M and change due within the next 2 years plus the opportunity to more than double the take over a few years. I could handle it.

wow, that is a great deal. Back end loaded which could be renegotiated if need be, or if injuries continue to be a problem. I can see the rationale as he comes in much cheaper than WW.

I still question the decision from a production standpoint. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't think there's that much to question....I think welker had a deathwish and then sold himself to the broncos

It must be nice to be handed $6M right away with another $4M and change due within the next 2 years plus the opportunity to more than double the take over a few years. I could handle it.

Amen..........dolla.

This is exactly why I thought people were silly to cry about the 5 years, $31 million until we saw the details. This is a very team friendly deal. If Amendola can stay healthy and produce, people will be talking about he is vastly underpaid by year three or four.

This is exactly why I thought people were silly to cry about the 5 years, $31 million until we saw the details. This is a very team friendly deal. If Amendola can stay healthy and produce, people will be talking about he is vastly underpaid by year three or four.

Ron Borges will claim he's underpaid after his first game.

At these prices, they could add Jennings for a total DA +GJ cost of under $10 mill.....the original wage I thought NE would be ponying up for just WW.

Niiiice looks like quite the bargin. They should have a lot of caproom right now. Correct that mistake from 06 and sign Jennings already.

I like the contract.
2 years, 11m worst case
The last 3 years could be a good value if he plays well

Yep! It is possible they are trying to save all they can for a big move at WR and every million counts.

Or they just seem to want to stick to a WR budget and perhaps felt that JE and DA is better than WW. Or better than WW and DA perhaps with the money saved? I still think that JE could be the secret weapon and they might have decided to roll the dice with him figuring that DA is more than a slot guy anyway.

JE was tremendous in camp last year...It might be his time. I would like to see him back and I want more unpredictability from the O. Lots of solid options for TB.

Given our tremendous TEs and what seems to be some stable RBs it might not be necessary to focus some much on performance from the WR group.

Sometimes its good to have guys like JE and DA trying to make a name for themselves or camp guys coming in to try to reestablish there careers. They are hungry.

So that is 8 mill in cap hits the first 2 years compared to 12 that Welker is hitting Denver.
So we really didn't give Welkers money to DA did we?
I wonder how embarrassed people who overreact without knowing the facts actually get?

Yep! The overreactors are too busy crying about evil Brandon Lloyd now. They have ADD and OCD. They cant decide on what to obsess about. But there is one thing they usually never have. Facts straight.

This does look different than the initial comparison of both Amendola and Welker at $6mm a year.

Apparently Welker's agent said the right number was $8mm-9mm range. Which seemed perfectly reasonable when compared to the receivers in free agency last year.

The Patriots discussed a deal with Amendola, which would average a cap charge of $4mm a year the next two seasons. Or about half of the Welker request.

They moved quickly. Then when Welker came down to $6mm, they had already made their move.

All in all, poorly handled from the Patriots point of view. Why not consider something with Welker in the $5-6mm range on a shorter deal? There is clear value in one of the few receivers who picked up the Patriots system, gets open, and stays healthy under the hits receivers take.

The Bronco's Welker deal is a fantastic deal. You can get the NFL leader in yardage and receptions the past five seasons for $6mm? Unbelievable.

However, the Amendola deal - ASSUMING HE STAYS HEALTHY - is not bad.

How much is guaranteed? I'm only seeing $4M guaranteed in the base salary listings.

Looks like a really good deal

$4M of the base salary is guaranteed, plus the $6M signing bonus. So while the total amount that was originally reported was wrong, the guaranteed total ($10M) was correct.

Yep! The overreactors are too busy crying about evil Brandon Lloyd now. They have ADD and OCD. They cant decide on what to obsess about. But there is one thing they usually never have. Facts straight.

deleted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick