PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one that feels a blowout coming? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossdeep

On the Roster
Reaction score
6. If the Patriots win the SB, they'll be the team with the highest average margin of victory to ever do so. If the Giants win the SB, they'll be the team with the least average margin of victory to win a SB and will be the only team with 10 or fewer wins to ever win it.

7. Power rank these teams after wildcard weekend: Chargers, Jaguars, Giants. Didn't put the Giants in the 1 or 2 spot, did you?

8. The Giants have a tremendous pass rush and are 1st in the league in sacks. Do you know who's 2nd?

9. Thank goodness the Giants are the designated road team, they've won 10 in a row on the road, unfortunately, the designated home team has won 14 in a row at home (and 8 in a row on the road).

Last edited:
Gawd, the more I think of it the more I've buried the Giants.

My score is 44-17. The last 7 the Giants score is in garbage time and BB will look absolutely pissed as they do it.

48-27 Pats this one is over by the middle 3rd quarter

6. If the Patriots win the SB, they'll be the team with the highest average margin of victory to ever do so. If the Giants win the SB, they'll be the team with the least average margin of victory to win a SB and will be the only team with 10 or fewer wins to ever win it.

7. Power rank these teams after wildcard weekend: Chargers, Jaguars, Giants. Didn't put the Giants in the 1 or 2 spot, did you?

8. The Giants have a tremendous pass rush and are 1st in the league in sacks. Do you know whose 2nd?

9. Thank goodness the Giants are the designated road team they've won 10 in a row on the road, unfortunately the designated home team has won 14 in a row at home (and 8 in a row on the road).

Didn't the 49ers win one as a 10-6 team?

I was just rewatching the Eagles SB 39. I dont see this Giants D as being as good as that Philly D, especially in the D backfield. The upgrades in this Pats team over SB39 are pretty much all around. The pressure on McNabb was severe the whole game. I dont see Eli dealing with it as well as McNabb did. I really feel a big win but then again anything could happen.

Ha, "Mad Dog" Russo of WFAN (New York) was just on WEEI, w/ Dale and Holley, and he also predicts a blowout. 41-17 the Patriots. So even the Giants DJs are seeing this as what it is.

Last edited:
Since a lot of the so called experts are saying it's going to be a close game, and also just because I think it'll happen here's my prediction.

Pats win 56-3

The Pats have 4 TDs of over 50 yards. Brady-Moss, Brady-Maroney, a Maroney run, and a Samuel pick that's returned. Brady has a spectacular game and gets the MVP, but many feel it should have gone to Maroney with his 200+ combined yards and 3 TDs.

Brady has a spectacular game and gets the MVP, but many feel it should have gone to Maroney with his 200+ combined yards and 3 TDs.

I'm here to tell you, if Maroney has those Stats, he gets MVP. Too many writes will say, "Well Tom already has 2 MVPs, let someone else get one." The year Branch got his, Tommy could've/should've won it. Also, 3 SB MVPs = Montana, A lot of writers won't like that either.

I'm here to tell you, if Maroney has those Stats, he gets MVP. Too many writes will say, "Well Tom already has 2 MVPs, let someone else get one." The year Branch got his, Tommy could've/should've won it. Also, 3 SB MVPs = Montana, A lot of writers won't like that either.

I agree with you that if Maroney has the game my gut says he will that he should get MVP. But for every writer out there that for personal reasons does not want Brady to equal Montana I think there's just as many if not more that will get off on saying that they were a part of making him a three time MVP. I myself think that when it's all said and done Brady will be seen as better than Montana but in this particular game Maroney will be the man.

They did? When was this?

1988 San Francisco 49ers (10-6)

Previous Year | Following Year | Franchise History | NFL Team for a Season

Wk 1 Sun 4 Sep W at New Orleans 34- 33
(1-0)

Wk 2 Sun 11 Sep W at NY Giants 20- 17
(2-0)

Wk 3 Sun 18 Sep L Atlanta 17- 34
(2-1)

Wk 4 Sun 25 Sep W at Seattle 38- 7
(3-1)

Wk 5 Sun 2 Oct W Detroit 20- 13
(4-1)

Wk 6 Sun 9 Oct L Denver 13- 16 (OT)
(4-2)

Wk 7 Sun 16 Oct W at LA Rams 24- 21
(5-2)

Wk 8 Mon 24 Oct L at Chicago 9- 10
(5-3)

Wk 9 Sun 30 Oct W Minnesota 24- 21
(6-3)

Wk 10 Sun 6 Nov L at Phoenix 23- 24
(6-4)

Wk 11 Sun 13 Nov L LA Raiders 3- 9
(6-5)

Wk 12 Mon 21 Nov W Washington 37- 21
(7-5)

Wk 13 Sun 27 Nov W at San Diego 48- 10
(8-5)

Wk 14 Sun 4 Dec W at Atlanta 13- 3
(9-5)

Wk 15 Sun 11 Dec W New Orleans 30- 17
(10-5)

Wk 16 SnN 18 Dec L LA Rams 16- 38
(10-6)

Ndiv Sun 1 Jan W Minnesota 34- 9

Nchp Sun 8 Jan W at Chicago 28- 3

SB23 Sun 22 Jan W vs Cincinnati 20- 16

I expect to see a blow out this Sunday because the weather is nice and Tom and his boys will perform well and BB has 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

Last edited:
They did? When was this?
Yes, 10 - 6, 1988-1989 season, super bowl 23, famous 92 yd drive by Montana to win it at the end over the Bengals. The next year the Niners were 14 - 2 and killed everybody in the post season.

After the championship game I thought that the game would be within 7 to 10 points. I just didn't sense that the Pats were in that ass-kicking mode that is required for a blowout to occur. After the past weeks Plexiglass garbage and Spector sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, I see the Pats rolling through this game angry and out for blood.

Records could be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick