PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All Patriot Nation MUST root for Arizona and here's why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Colin Cowherd, ESPN sports radio today gave his top ten teams of the decade from all sports, well, pro football, MLB, NBA, college basketball and football. He had the Patriots at #1. Again, FWIW. Interesting that he didn't include hockey. I'm rooting for the Cardinals, big time.

I am reading that some people choose to root for Steelers because they feel the Cards dont deserve to be in the Superbowl. As much as I wanted to see my Pats in the Superbowl, it did not happen. The Cards played by the same rules as the other 32 teams. They didn't just beat but pretty much destroyed the hot Atlanta Falcons, the superbowl projected Carolina Panthers at home, and the hot Eagles, whom beat last years Superbowl champs. I think they deserve to be there. They earned their chance and deserve to be there. Remember everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. They have the best shot of any NFC team to beat the non offensive Squeelers. Next year we will be watching a Tom Brady or Matt Cassel led Patriots team to the Superbowl. Lets not be greedy and enjoy FOOTBALL!!!! GO CARDS.

Re: All Patriot Nation MUST root for Arizona and heres why...

people will start comparing Warner to TB as the QB of the decade, having taken two different teams to three SB's and winning two of them along with two league MVP's.

QB's of the decade don't get benched three times on different teams.

Root for Kurt Warner!

The underdog!

Nobody is giving Arizona a chance!

Nobody gave us a chance in SB XXXVI either :) !!

I don't have any strong feeling for either team but I hope the Cardinals win but I'm afraid there will get slaughtered by Pittsburgh,

I am reading that some people choose to root for Steelers because they feel the Cards dont deserve to be in the Superbowl. As much as I wanted to see my Pats in the Superbowl, it did not happen. The Cards played by the same rules as the other 32 teams. They didn't just beat but pretty much destroyed the hot Atlanta Falcons, the superbowl projected Carolina Panthers at home, and the hot Eagles, whom beat last years Superbowl champs. I think they deserve to be there. They earned their chance and deserve to be there. Remember everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. They have the best shot of any NFC team to beat the non offensive Squeelers. Next year we will be watching a Tom Brady or Matt Cassel led Patriots team to the Superbowl. Lets not be greedy and enjoy FOOTBALL!!!! GO CARDS.

recited to the sound of 'hail to the chief' playing in the background

I still hope Pitt crushes them by 60

recited to the sound of 'hail to the chief' playing in the background

I still hope Pitt crushes them by 60

That wont happen. Their offense is a joke, defense is the only reason they are in the SB. Cards will win

In a fluke year where an 11-5 team doesn't make the playoffs, but an 8-8 team does... the fluke team seems like the perfect fit.

Oh... and they're not the Pittsburgh "sometimes the better team doesn't win" Steelers.

My position is clear. Though I love Moss and all the silly, meaningless records we got last year on the way to not winning the Superbowl...

Defense wins championships. We won three titles when our defense was better and our offense was always somewhat lacking.

Since we've been drafting and acquiring for offense, we have won zero.

Pitts recent SB win, was the most horrible game I've seen, but they won.

Pittsburgh has fed and maintained a great, consistent defense for decades, given them always a chance to win.

I hope we do, while we still have our window.

I don't have to root for any flash in the pan team if I don't want to.

Pittsburgh fans.

Those people, paranoid about the legacy of 70's Steelers, have made it a part of their existance to downplay the Patriots dynasty.

The Steelers can hardly claim to be a dynasty having changed coaches. AFAIAC, a dynasty needs the coach and QB to be the same.

My position is clear. Though I love Moss and all the silly, meaningless records we got last year on the way to not winning the Superbowl...

Defense wins championships. We won three titles when our defense was better and our offense was always somewhat lacking.

Since we've been drafting and acquiring for offense, we have won zero.

Pitts recent SB win, was the most horrible game I've seen, but they won.

Pittsburgh has fed and maintained a great, consistent defense for decades, given them always a chance to win.

I hope we do, while we still have our window.

I don't have to root for any flash in the pan team if I don't want to.

I agree with your logic all the way man, and of course you don't have to root for a flash in the pan team if you don't want to. I too envy Pitt's viscous D, and I honestly expect them to eat the Cards alive.

My only point is that the Cardinals winning this year, just highlights the ridiculousness of this entire season. And combined with my dislike for the Steelers, I'd be more than happy to see them choke against a fluke team and NOT add another ring. Not that their success really diminishes our own... but it adds fuel to the Stiller fan's bluster (my dad is a Stiller fan, sigh).

Besides, I have no real dislike for the Cards, and my years of watching the Patriots operating in perpetual sucktitude has given me a soft spot for the underdog.

JMHO.

Pittsburgh fans.

Those people, paranoid about the legacy of 70's Steelers, have made it a part of their existance to downplay the Patriots dynasty.

Imagine if the Steelers can lay claim to TWO Super Bowl titles since the last time the Patriots won their last one. Not to mention, it would be their 6th Super Bowl title.

Even if the Patriots would have a 3 to 2 lead in the decade, the what have you done for me now media will start trumpeting the Steelers as a legitimate possible claim holder to "team of the decade" status. CBS would probably love it, as they could set up the Patriots and Steelers all year next year as a 70's type Steeler-Cowboy decade deciding battle.

But who needs to hear those yahoos all year long.

Please Arizona, kick the yellow out the Steelers butts!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Let me make a case for My Team. (pause for laughter from you guys)

Here we go.

When the Pats played against the Rams, I wanted the Pats to win, cause I was so tired of the NFC and wanted to see the team that beat us win it all. Plus it was High Powered O vs Defense. When the Pats played the Panthers, well I rooted for the Pats because my Ex-wife was a Panther fan and I was hoping for the Pats to make her miserable (mean yes, but I was a huge Pats fan that year.) When the Pats played the Eagles, again, I rooted for the Pats because I still hated the NFC and really really hated TO and really don't like Philly fans at all. I wanted the team that played harder (and beat us again in the playoffs) to win. I wanted the AFC dominance to continue.

However, when the Pats played the Giants...yes, I did cheer for the Giants, but that was only because I wanted Chuck Noll to maintain the title as only 4-0 Coach in the Super Bowl and wanted my Franchise 4 wins in 6 years record to be held up. I hate the Giants, and really wish it was someone else, like the Lions to win last year so I didn't feel so dirty after watching Strahan do his "stomp" garbage in the after party.

So, Until this Steelers team, gets close to winning 3 in 4 years, and supplanting the Pats as the "Team of the modern AFC" Why not keep it in the AFC?

Anyway, Hate on folks.

who the heck cares what the Steeler fans think or what the media thinks. I just don't understand this kind of thinking.

Here we go.

Oh heckzzz no, you are not going to come to our forum and sing that FRIGGIN song! :p

Anyway in response to your post, firstly I don't want the Steelers getting ring 6, I want us to be the first ones there :D And the second reason is just a personal thing I have with a few Stiller fans that have really got on my nerves the past couple years!

Oh heckzzz no, you are not going to come to our forum and sing that FRIGGIN song! :p

Anyway in response to your post, firstly I don't want the Steelers getting ring 6, I want us to be the first ones there :D And the second reason is just a personal thing I have with a few Stiller fans that have really got on my nerves the past couple years!

LOL! Didn't even realize the bit about the song...Here We Go! greatness...I guess these days I just say it and type it as second nature.

I have it on my computer if you want me to send it to you...Or I could just post it here and you can all enjoy it! LOL!

I would be this year there a lot of folks (Cowboys, 9ers, Ravens, Chargers, Colts, Patriots, Raiders) and their fans all rooting against the Steelers.

Have you seen the Sixburgh tshirts?
That's enough reason to want the Cardinals to win all by itself.
Those stupid tshirts should be burned ASAP.

The Steelers can hardly claim to be a dynasty having changed coaches. AFAIAC, a dynasty needs the coach and QB to be the same.

Actually, a dynasty requires a change of leadership. Here are 2 definitions:

- A succession of rulers from the same family or line.
- A family or group that maintains power for several generations: a political dynasty controlling the state.

This is ridiculous. First people misuse the word dynasty to mean anyone who wins more than once and then the meaning of the word is totally distorted to be the absence of change rather than continued success (or power) through change. :mad:

Actually, a dynasty requires a change of leadership. Here are 2 definitions:

- A succession of rulers from the same family or line.
- A family or group that maintains power for several generations: a political dynasty controlling the state.

This is ridiculous. First people misuse the word dynasty to mean anyone who wins more than once and then the meaning of the word is totally distorted to be the absence of change rather than continued success (or power) through change. :mad:

The Corleones qualify as there was a succession of rulers from the same family and there was a change of leadership.

I agree with your logic all the way man, and of course you don't have to root for a flash in the pan team if you don't want to. I too envy Pitt's viscous D, and I honestly expect them to eat the Cards alive.

My only point is that the Cardinals winning this year, just highlights the ridiculousness of this entire season. And combined with my dislike for the Steelers, I'd be more than happy to see them choke against a fluke team and NOT add another ring. Not that their success really diminishes our own... but it adds fuel to the Stiller fan's bluster (my dad is a Stiller fan, sigh).

Besides, I have no real dislike for the Cards, and my years of watching the Patriots operating in perpetual sucktitude has given me a soft spot for the underdog.

JMHO.

I don't like fancy, pass crazy, don't get your uniform dirty teams. I didn't like the Rams, I didn't like the Colts (I still don't like the Colts, but they've learned to run consistently, what happened to us?) I don't care about Arizona.

We lost the best QB in football and still went 11-5. Our defense was in shreds again at seasons end.

We lost the Super Bowl because we didn't establish the run. That's it. Game set match.

Run the ball, play defense and win. If the stinky Steelers do it with a QB I consider fairly mediocre and few stars on offense, maybe the locals will wake up.

Not saying offense isn't important, but we're loaded and we haven't brought home the trophy since we de-emphasized defense in favor of offense.

I like real football. I don't care about some namby pamby team that puts up all sorts of offensive statistics then loses by 40 because they saw a couple snowflakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back