PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All Over Him Like Spikes On Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because NFL players sit around doing nothing when they are hurt. He was probably doing more in a day during injury rehab then you'll do in a month. And most of it probably came during the off-season anyway.
Spikes already answered it, right here comparing this time off to his 4 game suspension last year when he came back out of shape:

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Patriots LB Brandon Spikes speaks! “If I’m out of the game, I know how to take care of myself”

Brandon Spikes said:
“If I’m out of the game,” Spikes said, “I know how to take care of myself and be a professional. I was a rookie. Young and dumb.”

Now Reiss :

Last year, Spikes missed the final four games with a suspension, then returned in the playoffs. He wasn’t himself. This time, he feels better about being ready. He’s in shape and has spent a ton of time watching film.

There in no doubt that Brandon Spikes and Patrick Chung makes our Defense considerably better.:cool:

If there's a time to break tendency this is it.

I see Bal'more taking a page out of our playbook and coming out 5 wide with Rice and their 2 TE's (who are a good duo, like an impoverished man's Gronk and AH).

I then see Flacco ******* it up.

I would love to see this scenario. As far as I can tell, Flacco has never been in this position and being so for the first time in the AFC championship game seems ominous for the Ravens. I'd love to see it. Our defense may be called a lot of things but slow is certainly not one of them. I think we could handle their 5 WR set with Flacco and our DLine vs. their Oline.

Funny tweet from Bedard:

I can't wait to watch Brandon Spikes and Vonta Leach do battle. Holy snot bubbles

I would love to see this scenario. As far as I can tell, Flacco has never been in this position and being so for the first time in the AFC championship game seems ominous for the Ravens. I'd love to see it. Our defense may be called a lot of things but slow is certainly not one of them. I think we could handle their 5 WR set with Flacco and our DLine vs. their Oline.

Piitsburgh defeated Baltimore in the AFC Championship in the 2008 season.

They (and Flacco) have been there before.

I do think it is funny that before the season started, many people thought Spikes was a wasted draft pick who is immature, injury prone, and an underachiever. Now a lot of people think he is one of the most important pieces to this week's game.

Not trying to call anyone out or anything, but just showing how quickly attitudes towards players can change so quickly.

Looking at ESPN's splits, Rice almost never runs outside.

Assuming their definitions are : Middle = over center, Left/Right = between the Center and Tackle and Sideline = outside the Tackle, only 35 of his 291 carries were off tackle.

Ray Rice Stats, Splits - Baltimore Ravens - ESPN

Good find, good point... BUT his average gain per run, which was 4.7 yards over the course of the season, goes up to 11.1 yards on the left sideline (aka off tackle to the left). Also, his 9.3 yards per reception average goes up to 12.0 ypc in plays to the left sideline.

So... who plays on our defensive right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft