PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alexander wins MVP, Brady 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
dryheat44 said:
Trailing Manning in the balloting were New England quarterback Tom Brady with 10 votes, New York Giants running back Tiki Barber with six and Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer with two.

Brady was third, behind Manning's 13 votes and Alexander winning, being in first place.

Damn you people....chiming in before I catch my error...how dare you?

Thanks for keeping me honest. I only skimmed the article and thought they were talking about Manning last year.

That's the highest finish for the MVP for Brady, right? That would be for the regular season. Tom has two for super bowls, vs. zip for those other guys.

I don't mind Alexander winning it but Manning getting 13 and Brady 10? Last time I checked Manning didn't have to win games with only 3 starters playing in a game like Brady did in Miami.

I'm just going to ignore the runner-up and say Congrats to Shaun Alexander, he certainly had a great season and deserved to win.

For whatever reason, Brady will never get the CONSENSUS respect he deserves.

I really can never get into ths award. It is all about numbers. Alexander won MVP because he had a lot of TDs less than 5 yards. For my $, I wouldn't even vote him the top RB. Tiki Barber had a lot less TDs but only 20 less yards rushing, a better average per carry, and about 500 more yards from scrimmage. Plus he did all that for a team with a shaky QB and an O-line that doesn't compare to Seattle.

I agree,Tiki Barber should of been the MVP. He did "everything" on the football field and more. I think Alexander is stud though. Excellent,excellent running back.

As far as Brady, I'm proud of the way he played this season. Hard to believe he is just starting to hit his peak. 6th or 7th year is peaking for a QB? What is he gonna play like when he truly does peak in his career? I do see a MVP in Brady's future as well as 2 or 3 more rings :)

Patriot Missile said:
I agree,Tiki Barber should of been the MVP. He did "everything" on the football field and more. I think Alexander is stud though. Excellent,excellent running back.

As far as Brady, I'm proud of the way he played this season. Hard to believe he is just starting to hit his peak. 6th or 7th year is peaking for a QB? What is he gonna play like when he truly does peak in his career? I do see a MVP in Brady's future as well as 2 or 3 more rings :)

I couldn't agree more with your post. Tiki did deserve the MVP. I saw a stat during a game where it said that Tiki was like 70% of his teams offense (or some crazy percentage). The thing I don't understand, is how did Manning get so many more votes than Carson Palmer. Granted, I don't think either one of them should be MVP, but if the award is all about stats, how is Carson Palmer not closer to Manning? Their stats are almost identical. Of course, Manning does have soooooo many weapons, as opposed to Palmer who has the Johnsons, which are not as good as harrison or edge. Plus, Carson has no defense. Man, from listening to Colts fans the last couple of years, you would think that in order to be an MVP, you must lead a team with the "pressure of having to score on every possession." Carson definitely reminds me of the 2003 version of Manning, who happened to be the Co-MVP. Oh well, I guess when you have the media and writers drooling all over you, you tend to get a little more votes.

As for Brady, next year will be his 6th season as a starter. Peyton's stats that everyone loves took off during his 6th year. If you look at his stats through his first five years as a starter, they are very comparable to Brady's. Of course, through Petyon's first five years, he had 0 MVP awards, 0 Playoff Wins, 0 Anything. Whereas Brady has had 3 SB Rings, 2 SB MVPs, 9-0 Playoff record, Sportsman of the Year, etc. etc. Hopefully Brady can put up "Peyton-esque" stats next year and still keep winning to prove to Colts fans what all Pats fans have known all along...That Brady is an MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News