PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alert: NFLdraftscout.com detailed combine numbers are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
A re-signing of Law would put more competition into that but my gut feeling says we go with younger legs.

If we re-sign Law for one year and give our rookies a year to learn, that would be an ideal situation, if Hobbs is healthy by TC.
Sanders and Webster are JAG material at best.

If we re-sign Law for one year and give our rookies a year to learn, that would be an ideal situation, if Hobbs is healthy by TC.

At this point of his career, I think Law's a JAG also.

Believe me, I don't think Sanders and Webster are solutions. But they would be replacing Gay and no-one from last year's CB depth chart.

One top three round CB would replace Samuel; if we drafted a second he would replace Sanders or Webster - plus Richardson could do that if he impresses. We take a hit losing Samuel to a rookie but it is what it is.

At this point of his career, I think Law's a JAG also.
I agree, most of his value would be that he could be a usable player along with a good asset to the younger guys on techniques and reads as he knows the defense so well. That is only worth so much in cap dollars though.

They could have drafted both Meriweather and Harris, if they had wanted.

They wouldn't have a first round pick this year though...
I relize that SEB,but I would rather have Harris and this years #1 pick then Meriweather and this years pick. It seems much harder to find a ILB for this defense than a DB.

Last edited:
a BPA if they love an OL or DL or a trade down.
I hope the Patriots somehow trade down into the second half of the first round. In my opinion, cornerback Antoine Cason would be tremendous value in the second half of the first round. If the Patriots trade down, the Patriots could obtain a 2008 second round pick or 2008 third round pick (with the possibility of an additional draft pick in 2009).

I'd like to see what Law looks like at free safety, at the right price.

He obviously knows his way around in the backfield, has good tackling skills,,,

Meriweather could stll be the nicklel back, or maybe Law would be the fifth back and put Law on the big / slow WR/ TE.

Didn't Woodson spend his last few years at safety??

As far as CB goes, I would imagine we are looking for a very quick player, with a modicum emphasis on speed, that can tackle. Say what you will about Assante but he definately had very good reaction time.

I hope the Patriots somehow trade down into the second half of the first round. In my opinion, cornerback Antoine Cason would be tremendous value in the second half of the first round. If the Patriots trade down, the Patriots could obtain a 2008 second round pick or 2008 third round pick (with the possibility of an additional draft pick in 2009).
I'd love to trade down and get a #1 next year. That's not unreasonable if we went to about #20 or so. We'd still have plenty of picks for this year.

in this site there are two mocks...

is it possible this of chad reuter?

with
1 mcfadden
2 c long
3 ryan
4 ellis
5 j long
6 gholston
7 rivers

the pats can trade down with someone?or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes