PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Millstein: Brady's chances of en banc hearing dramatically improved with latest amicus filings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something, or would it be better to just take the four games at the beginning. Could they still pursue the case, even if they can't get those foru games back?

My point being, what if they delay it, then lose and the suspension comes later in the season?

This is all so pointless, illegal, unfair and stupid, that there doesn't seem to be anything to be "won" except by the NFLPA screwing the NFL dictatorship.
You are missing something. Actually many things

I'm being hyperbolic.
Gee, what happened to Mr. "What I said was correctly worded" and "I mean what I say"?

Can't say I blame you from backtracking off the idiotic notion of Kraft dissolving the Patriots to start a new league.

Uh, the NJ Jets could move to NY.

They did try recently. Somewhat. The West Side Stadium attempt. Now I'm a Jersey guy, so I'm happy they're still here, but the nyc stadium woulda been pretty cool. Think it was James Dolan (Knicks n Rangers owner) who stopped it. He wanted a monopoly on indoor city sports/events.

Can't beat outdoor and in Jersey, but an indoor stadium in NY would've been pretty damn fun. Tailgate on the Jersey side, take the ferry over and have the city bars/restaurants as well (like Yankee Stadium and I imagine Fenway).

images%252Fslides%252F01_West_Side_Stadium.jpg

Was a pipe dream though. There would've been two multi-billion dollar stadiums under 10 miles apart.

They did try recently. Somewhat. The West Side Stadium attempt. Now I'm a Jersey guy, so I'm happy they're still here, but the nyc stadium woulda been pretty cool. Think it was James Dolan (Knicks n Rangers owner) who stopped it. He wanted a monopoly on indoor city sports/events.

Can't beat outdoor and in Jersey, but an indoor stadium in NY would've been pretty damn fun. Tailgate on the Jersey side, take the ferry over and have the city bars/restaurants as well (like Yankee Stadium and I imagine Fenway).

Was a pipe dream though. There would've been two multi-billion dollar stadiums under 10 miles apart.
Yes but think of loss of the extra MLS soccer team and Lady Antebellum concerts. Life just isn't fair.

That's cool how there's, like, nowhere to park.

The Jets should play at an inner city Queens high school field.

That's cool how there's, like, nowhere to park.

Don't really think there would've been many people driving there. That area has been known to occasionally have a traffic jam or two, even without 80k fans driving in. Think I remember reading the only big parking lots were gonna be on the Jersey side next to the ferry station.

Other than that, it was mostly public transportation and a few garages around the stadium.

Don't really think there would've been many people driving there. That area has been known to occasionally have a traffic jam or two, even without 80k fans driving in. Think I remember reading the only big parking lots were gonna be on the Jersey side next to the ferry station.

Other than that, it was mostly public transportation and a few garages around the stadium.

Clusterf*ck the subway system like after a Yankees games in the Bronx. Total sh*tshow. As if weekend subway service wasn't bad enough in Gotham.

Clusterf*ck the subway system like after a Yankees games in the Bronx. Total sh*tshow. As if weekend subway service wasn't bad enough in Gotham.

Definitely. Wasn't my worry though. I woulda just hopped a ferry back to Jersey and then to my car or the train depending on which I used that game.

I can't imagine that would've gone over terribly well.

Speaking as an old vet of Exit 16W (Mazur's represent!), they made the right choice (or, I should say, had the right choice forced upon them). And you may have to cross state lines, but it is far, far easier to get to MetLife from NYC than it is to get to Gillette from Boston.

I can't imagine that would've gone over terribly well.

Speaking as an old vet of Exit 16W (Mazur's represent!), they made the right choice (or, I should say, had the right choice forced upon them). And you may have to cross state lines, but it is far, far easier to get to MetLife from NYC than it is to get to Gillette from Boston.

Right, plus there is the train that runs there now too. Directly to one of the gates. So definitely not bad getting there now. Of course it can take 15-20 minutes sometimes to get out of the parking lot if you leave at the worst point, but still no biggie.

Never been to Gillette. It's tough to get there from Boston? Long drive? Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3