PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch wins Appeal!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. What? They rescinded the suspension BEFORE the appeal took place??? Now why would they do that??

My GUESS is it had to do with a problem with the evidence (just like Sherman, right?).

Let's all remember this the next time a questionable call doesn't go our way before we start screaming "The fix is in!!!"

The NFL has given us good reason to be paranoid at times but this does show not every single thing that goes against us is a plot from the NFL office. They could have easily upheld his suspension and no one would have cared, even if Branch showed proof of his innocence.

Let's all remember this the next time a questionable call doesn't go our way before we start screaming "The fix is in!!!"

The NFL has given us good reason to be paranoid at times but this does show not every single thing that goes against us is a plot from the NFL office. They could have easily upheld his suspension and no one would have cared, even if Branch showed proof of his innocence.

They rescinded the suspension before the appeal even happened, according to Howe. In all likelihood, that means that there was a problem on their end, and they weren't going to be able to uphold the suspension.

So it's still perfectly fine to scream "The fix is in!".

Great news but I am shocked he skated.

I wonder if the NFL f-ed up the administration of the test like they did with Josh Gordon? In this case, speculating that AB skipped on a screw-up by the administrator of the test.

“Urine samples routinely are split into two bottles, the "A" bottle and the "B" bottle. If the "A" bottle generates a positive result, the "B" bottle is tested. Amazingly, the "B" bottle doesn't have to independently show a violation. Instead, the substance abuse policy states that the "'B' bottle Test need only show that the substance, revealed in the 'A' bottle Test, is evident to the 'limits of detection' to confirm the results of the 'A' bottle Test.

[...]

For Gordon, the "A" bottle showed a concentration of 16 ng/ml, only one nanogram per milliliter above the limits of 15. The "B" bottle showed a concentration of 13.6 ng/ml — less than the threshold.”

They've since jacked it up to 35 ng/ml but again, maybe they screwed up the procedure in labeling the samples.

A change in the NFL's marijuana policy may come too late for Josh Gordon

They rescinded the suspension before the appeal even happened, according to Howe. In all likelihood, that means that there was a problem on their end, and they weren't going to be able to uphold the suspension.

So it's still perfectly fine to scream "The fix is in!".

Even more reason, since they jumped to hand a suspension without fully looking at the facts.

Sound familiar?

i need to learn how to post a twitter post

It's easy. In the Twitter app (I'm on my phone) on the upper right hand corner there is an arrow pointing downward. When you find it...this will appear.

Screenshot_20161203-122255.png

Just click "COPY LINK TO TWEET"...go back to the forum and paste.
If you're on your computer, click the Tweet and there should also be a dropdown that will let you copy the link. Then do the same thing.
Hope that helps. :)

i need to learn how to post a twitter post

On the right is a dropdown menu. clink copy link to tweet, then highlight the link, copy, paste in forum

Finally some good news. Not sure what to do with it.

I think that I just need to add The defense sucks!:D

Ahh, that's more like it.:D:D:D

I forgot to mention something in my earlier post:

Appeals for substance abuse go to "neutral" arbiters, so the NFL couldn't have "easily upheld his suspension" even if it had wanted to.

lol and some people were on here saying he should just accept it to get it over with and be ready for the playoffs

Rescinded his ban before appeal? There is zero rhyme or reason to any disciplinary actions taken by this laughing stock of a league.

This just further proves to me that Goodell had a rager in his pants for TB12 (shouldn't be news to anyone in this circle). If Bill leaves simultaneously with Tom then the NYFL can burn and I'll fiddle while it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST