PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unfortunate, mostly because I'm guessing this won't even be against the rules in a few years.

Valentine. Next man up.

Valentine. Next man up.

I actually feel pretty good about Valentine. The question is going to be who can rotate with him and Brown so the big guys don't have to play 90%+ snaps, and how will Branch's absence affect our run D against a Jets team that typically runs well against us (I seem to recall anecdotally anyway... if someone has some numbers to refute that, let me know).

So this means at least three failed drug tests, right? First would put him into the drug program, second is a fine and moves him to stage 2 of the drug program, and failing a test while in stage 2 is a suspension?

I actually feel pretty good about Valentine. The question is going to be who can rotate with him and Brown so the big guys don't have to play 90%+ snaps, and how will Branch's absence affect our run D against a Jets team that typically runs well against us (I seem to recall anecdotally anyway... if someone has some numbers to refute that, let me know).

I don't think his suspension will be up yet if he is appealing. I don't see why he wouldnt play against the Jets.

why didn't he just use synthetic like chandler jones? isn't it legal in Mass now?

Oh well. It is unfortunate but won't make or break us. Will give Valentine a long look and Branch will be 100% for the playoffs.

tumblr_mr8c9yr7cf1sbzat6o1_500.gif

Hey, heyy!!!!!

He's got to keep his weight up somehow.

Seriously though, players should be able to smoke if they want. No way in hell is it a PED.... IMO if anything, it's in and of itself its own punishment by causing a player to think slower/be lazier.

Tough break for this defense.....Markus Kuhn is another guy they could bring back. Also read that he is appealing the ban.

So Woodrow Hamilton is going to get the call again.

So our "step in the right direction" D, with Branch--who has been our best DL having a career year--allowed 4.5 ypc Sunday to team averaging 4. I guess its the right time to see Hamilton. Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up weed.

NFL’s marijuana policy:
1st failed test: Entry into program
2nd: 2-wk fine
3rd: 4-wk fine
4th: 4-gm susp
5th: 10-gm susp
6th: 1-year ban

They say pot isn't addictive, yet all these guys can't stop even knowing there's always testing and the financial penalty is in the six figures and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes