PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ahmad Brooks Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats67 said:

I've seen two different places (although they may be using the same report) that have said that the Patriots WERE represented. I think this is some lazy reporting. Belichick may have told Brooks' agent no to tell the media, or more likely, the Patriots scout was one of the lesser-known ones and Brooks' agent didn't know who he was.

Then again, maybe between Groh's relationship with BB and over a year's worth of game film, perhaps BB felt it wasn't important to scout a guy running around in shorts.

The latest...Profootballtalk.com

CONFLICTING REPORTS ON BROOKS WORKOUT

On Thursday, we reported that all teams except the Bears were represented at the workout of former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

On Friday, there are discrepancies in the various reports regarding who was and wasn't there. Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports that 31 teams were present for the workout, but that the missing team was the Vikings, not the Bears.

However, we're now certain that the Bears were not there -- so if Brandt is right that the Vikings weren't present (and we're not yet willing to concede that he is), then there were only 30 teams at the workout.

Brandt's information otherwise meshes pretty well with ours regarding the workout.

According to Albert Breer of the Boston Herald, only 22 teams were present at the workout and that the Patriots were one of the absent teams. Breer got his information in this regard from Brooks' agent, Greg Williams.

We're standing by our report, but we're likewise rolling up our sleeves to find out whether the Vikings, the Pats, or any other teams skipped the workout. The Bears definitely were not there.

Then again, maybe between Groh's relationship with BB and over a year's worth of game film, perhaps BB felt it wasn't important to scout a guy running around in shorts.[/QUOTE]

There are millions of dollars to be won or lost running around in shorts, just ask Al Davis about the fine art of drafting.

Well let's see. He was reported at 290 at one point but got his weight down to 260.

And according to scout stopwatches he ran a 4.68 40, NOT a 4.5.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...gnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3682&line=68775&spln=1

He also got kicked off his team by coach Groh.

Oh and before that he had been caught with pot.

Those are all reasons he was not eligible for the regular draft.

Why would I give up a 2nd round pick on such a risk again??

4th at best. Now whats this news the Pats didn't even show up for his pro day? Looks like he's not even on the RADAR!

No way I give up a 2nd for this potential bum.

mavfan2390 said:
Give up a second rounder. Do it, he would've been the third player taken, he's 261, and runs a 4.5, and he has sick instincts. Hey we've had headcases before, Bruschi and Harrison will make sure his head is screwed on right.

Last edited:
What is the risk?

This kid has displayed *major* immaturity issues but as the word implies; it is possible to mature. He got caught smoking pot in college? Well lock his sorry ass up and throw away the key! The major issue for the Pats is can you trust this kid to grow up once he gets his hands on a few million bucks? Thankfully Coach Groh should be able to provide insight on that issue.

As for me, I'd *love* to know why he got tossed off the team and once tossed off, why they let him use their facility to showcase his (less than advertised) skills. And is anyone else puzzled how Coach Saban can be a BB disciple and be willing to take on some major characters?

Belichick drafted Cedric Cobbs, with some similar issues. He took a chance on Dillon. Rodney had a sort of a reputation.

I think Belichick wants mean and nasty football players, and will take a chance if there is more upside than risk. He had that undrafted running back in camp from maybe BC or somewhere, and the guy had so many issues that it was a huge press story.

I don't think Belichick is a 'moral' type person, I think he is more of a 'don't want distractions off the field' type. The difference being that he doesn't really worry about the Rodney Harrison types who save their borderline activities for on the field.

he reportedly failed "multiple" drug tests, earning himself the boot off the VT team... still want him?

Last edited:
Yes, if Belichick does, and No, if Belichick doesn't.

I want help at LB. Belichick is not dumb enough to waste a pick if Groh told him not to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back