Welcome to PatsFans.com

After watching tonights Pitt-Jags game:

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RAWKY, Sep 19, 2006.

1. RAWKY

RAWKY Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I suspect Indy is in for one hell of an afternoon....without being able to run the ball and no Edge to pass block i thing Manning comes to ground with a thud....

Oh and Taylor is a real BEAST. Who has Indy got to stop him from running for 200 yds plus???

Now that i think about it this could be a most entertaining game actually.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  2. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

IIRC, the Jags played Indy tough both times last year. They almost won one and I think the other they fell apart near the end. I think the Jags may have Indy's number this year. The Jags may be one of the top teams in the AFC when its all said and done. They have a very good defense, a solid running game, and WRs that make some plays.
  3. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was pissed when the Patriots passes up on Fred Taylor in the 97 (i think) draft.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

IIRC, that was the year the Pats took Robert Edwards after the Jags took Taylor. '96 was the year we beat the Jags in the AFC Championship game. So we would have been drafting after them in '97.
  5. ch3oh

ch3oh Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was a darn good football game last night.
  6. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I was very impressed with the Jags last night. They played full tilt, aggressive football. They will definitely contend this year if they keep that up!
  7. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pittsburgh's deepest penetration was to the Jacksonville 47-yard line! Has that ever happened before, or did Pit just play the worst offensive game in NFL history?
  8. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I ALWAYS love watching Jax play Indy. They're gonna win next week, I can feel it. They've got momentum after shutting out the champs and del Rio is a REAL coach, no lie. If Indy is favored, best take the points in this one...
  9. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I also think Pit losing helps the Pats too. They are going to have Cincy come in next week and should be pissed off and beat the crap out of an already banged up Bengal team that faces the Pats the following week.
  10. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Ya and that happened in the 1st quarter--nothing past after that:eek:
  11. Kasmir

Kasmir Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The Pats picked Robert Edwards in that draft well after the Jags picked Taylor. Edwards was actually a very good back before his horrifying injury -- which happened while he was in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl iirc.

At least we didn't pick Curtis Enis, who was the first back picked in that draft :)
  12. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Talk about the proverbial heavyweight slugfest last night. Man, Darius played like a guy possessed. But with such slugfests, the team built more on speed tired in the latter rounds due to heavy dose of body blows. As such, I prefer facing and knocking off Pitt in the playoffs. Our DBs don't match up well with Jax's big and fast receivers.
  13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

No they do not.
    So BB's strategy will likely be to focus on disrupting the weaker link, the QB's passing. Expect a strong pass rush focused up the middle (Bledsoe style) forcing him outside. No contact at the LOS by the CBs, just focus on coverage.
  14. Kasmir

Kasmir Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We matched up pretty well with Jax in the playoffs last year ;)
  15. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure, but Matt Jones is a different player than we saw last year. Taylor is also healthy. Whether he remains healthy into the playoffs remains to be seen, but as it stands now, which I'll concede isn't much given that there are still 14 more games to be played, I still think we match up better against Pitt.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  16. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking also. Also, have Sey or Wilfork blow up the pocket a bit so that their QB can't plant his long-strided, plant foot on delivery. The guys becomes rather mediocre if and when, as you say, he's pressured and his mechanics disrupted.
  17. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lol watch Indy put up 40 points on the Jags and everyone will be all over them for the SB again.
  18. qbert

qbert Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No way in hell that happens, unless there are in-game injuries to the Jags defense. Last night was the best defensive performance I've ever seen against a top-flight team since... well I can't remember when.

*wink @ fellow desi, thought I was the only one who followed football out of the billion of us*
  19. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The main reason for it is that not one pass Leftwich threw arrived to a receiver over shoulder high. Couldn't understand it. Didn't use his advantage.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  20. hwc

hwc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +241 / 5 / -2

Yeah, that must be why the Pats beat the Jags in the playoffs. They had injury troubles!

We were missing Bruschi, Harrison, Light, and Koppen. Corey Dillon was dragging his leg around behind him like a ball and chain. Seymour was half-crippled. The DBs were held together with duct tape.