PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After watching tonights Pitt-Jags game:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWKY

On the Roster
Reaction score
I suspect Indy is in for one hell of an afternoon....without being able to run the ball and no Edge to pass block i thing Manning comes to ground with a thud....

Oh and Taylor is a real BEAST. Who has Indy got to stop him from running for 200 yds plus???

Now that i think about it this could be a most entertaining game actually.

Last edited:
IIRC, the Jags played Indy tough both times last year. They almost won one and I think the other they fell apart near the end. I think the Jags may have Indy's number this year. The Jags may be one of the top teams in the AFC when its all said and done. They have a very good defense, a solid running game, and WRs that make some plays.

RAWKY said:
Oh and Taylor is a real BEAST. Who has Indy got to stop him from running for 200 yds plus???

I was pissed when the Patriots passes up on Fred Taylor in the 97 (i think) draft.

zoostation said:
I was pissed when the Patriots passes up on Fred Taylor in the 97 (i think) draft.

IIRC, that was the year the Pats took Robert Edwards after the Jags took Taylor. '96 was the year we beat the Jags in the AFC Championship game. So we would have been drafting after them in '97.

That was a darn good football game last night.

I was very impressed with the Jags last night. They played full tilt, aggressive football. They will definitely contend this year if they keep that up!

Pittsburgh's deepest penetration was to the Jacksonville 47-yard line! Has that ever happened before, or did Pit just play the worst offensive game in NFL history?

RAWKY said:
I suspect Indy is in for one hell of an afternoon....without being able to run the ball and no Edge to pass block i thing Manning comes to ground with a thud....

Now that i think about it this could be a most entertaining game actually.

I ALWAYS love watching Jax play Indy. They're gonna win next week, I can feel it. They've got momentum after shutting out the champs and del Rio is a REAL coach, no lie. If Indy is favored, best take the points in this one...

I also think Pit losing helps the Pats too. They are going to have Cincy come in next week and should be pissed off and beat the crap out of an already banged up Bengal team that faces the Pats the following week.

shakadave said:
Pittsburgh's deepest penetration was to the Jacksonville 47-yard line! Has that ever happened before, or did Pit just play the worst offensive game in NFL history?

Ya and that happened in the 1st quarter--nothing past after that:eek:

zoostation said:

The Pats picked Robert Edwards in that draft well after the Jags picked Taylor. Edwards was actually a very good back before his horrifying injury -- which happened while he was in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl iirc.

At least we didn't pick Curtis Enis, who was the first back picked in that draft :)

Talk about the proverbial heavyweight slugfest last night. Man, Darius played like a guy possessed. But with such slugfests, the team built more on speed tired in the latter rounds due to heavy dose of body blows. As such, I prefer facing and knocking off Pitt in the playoffs. Our DBs don't match up well with Jax's big and fast receivers.

Wotan_the_Wanderer said:
As such, I prefer facing and knocking off Pitt in the playoffs. (so do I, this season) Our DBs don't match up well with Jax's big and fast receivers.

No they do not.
So BB's strategy will likely be to focus on disrupting the weaker link, the QB's passing. Expect a strong pass rush focused up the middle (Bledsoe style) forcing him outside. No contact at the LOS by the CBs, just focus on coverage.

Wotan_the_Wanderer said:
I prefer facing and knocking off Pitt in the playoffs. Our DBs don't match up well with Jax's big and fast receivers.

We matched up pretty well with Jax in the playoffs last year ;)

Kasmir said:

Sure, but Matt Jones is a different player than we saw last year. Taylor is also healthy. Whether he remains healthy into the playoffs remains to be seen, but as it stands now, which I'll concede isn't much given that there are still 14 more games to be played, I still think we match up better against Pitt.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
No they do not.
So BB's strategy will likely be to focus on disrupting the weaker link, the QB's passing. Expect a strong pass rush focused up the middle (Bledsoe style) forcing him outside. No contact at the LOS by the CBs, just focus on coverage.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking also. Also, have Sey or Wilfork blow up the pocket a bit so that their QB can't plant his long-strided, plant foot on delivery. The guys becomes rather mediocre if and when, as you say, he's pressured and his mechanics disrupted.

Lol watch Indy put up 40 points on the Jags and everyone will be all over them for the SB again.

desi-patsfan said:
Lol watch Indy put up 40 points on the Jags and everyone will be all over them for the SB again.

No way in hell that happens, unless there are in-game injuries to the Jags defense. Last night was the best defensive performance I've ever seen against a top-flight team since... well I can't remember when.

*wink @ fellow desi, thought I was the only one who followed football out of the billion of us*

Kasmir said:
The main reason for it is that not one pass Leftwich threw arrived to a receiver over shoulder high. Couldn't understand it. Didn't use his advantage.

Last edited:
Wotan_the_Wanderer said:
Taylor is also healthy.

Yeah, that must be why the Pats beat the Jags in the playoffs. They had injury troubles!

We were missing Bruschi, Harrison, Light, and Koppen. Corey Dillon was dragging his leg around behind him like a ball and chain. Seymour was half-crippled. The DBs were held together with duct tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft