PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Undefeated

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Three weeks into the season and the beleaguered AFC East is an NFL best 9-3, including 6-0 vs the rest of the league (3-3 vs themselves).

The Victims
Colts
Falcons
Panthers
Browns
Bucs (twice)

Best division in the AFC, and arguably all of the NFL.

That whole 'AFCE is weak' myth, so far, has been debunked.

I'm disappointed that the AFC East is only 3-3 against itself. I'd expect them at least to be 4-2.

Last edited:
Strongest division in the NFL.

i made this point after week 2 and was bombarded with excuses.

The afc east is a lot better right now then people expected them to be compared to the NFC east which is always talked about as the toughest division which has 2 teams at 0-3

i made this point after week 2 and was bombarded with excuses.

The afc east is a lot better right now then people expected them to be compared to the NFC east which is always talked about as the toughest division which has 2 teams at 0-3

And that's despite the boundless suckage of the JEST.

Jets and Bills will probably fade back...but they're better than the 2-4 win "first pick in the draft contender" status most gave them.

The NFL is like this every year. Remember last year when everyone in the media said we had such an easy schedule because we got to play the NFC West? Anyone with a little bit of football knowledge saw the NFC West coming.

Don't like it. I much prefer when we coasted through the division. One of them (probably Miami) may actually challenge us for the division beyond week 12.

Don't like it. I much prefer when we coasted through the division. One of them (probably Miami) may actually challenge us for the division beyond week 12.

Yeah, Miami looks legit. They have a strong argument for the most impressive resume in the league thus far.

Two road wins including a win at Indy who just beat, I mean blew out, SF in SF and a home win vs the Falcons who many think are a legitimate SB contender.

Week 4 has some interesting matchups as the top two in the AFC East take on the top two in the NFC South (Pats at Atlanta, Miami at New Orleans).

Looking forward to the competition.

The Bills and Jets will prove to be sub-par, Miami might be good. Time will tell. It's certainly not some kind of juggernaut division.

Divisional pride, LOL.

Baltimore @ Buffalo
Jets @ Tenn
NE @ ATL
MIA @ NO

It would not be shocking if the division pulls a donut in week 4.

Jets front four on defense is as good as any in football. Those guys are going to be a problem for any offense. Geno's gonna play like a rookie in a lot of games so I think they'll lose their fair share of games this year.

Buffalo is similar to the Jets, but with less talent on defense.

Miami's got a pretty good defense. But what really makes them better is Tannehill. Should be interesting how they develop this year.

While it is way too early to jump to conclusions, it is interesting not just that the supposedly weak AFC East is winning as much as they are (while the allegedly tough NFC East is not), it's also interesting to note that the 'clearly superior NFC' is having trouble against the AFC.

Records outside of own division:
6-0 -- AFC East
7-3 -- AFC West
5-5 -- AFC South
4-4 -- NFC North
4-4 -- NFC West
3-5 -- AFC North
3-5 -- NFC South
1-7 -- NFC East

Non-Conference records:
11-3 -- AFC
3-11 -- NFC

I'm disappointed that the AFC East is only 3-3 against itself. I'd expect them at least to be 4-2.

Math isn't everyone's strong point. To put a fine point on it, the OP might have said 3-3-0, acknowledging that the W's and L's could indeed be uneven if one or more games ended in a Tie after OT (if that's still even possible). :singing:

Best division in the AFC, and arguably all of the NFL.

That whole 'AFCE is weak' myth, so far, has been debunked.

In December, I might indeed agree that you are right about that, but it's way too early to jump to that conclusion given that the five "victims" are a combined 5--10 (we need more time to figure out whether that's a function of how good the AFCE is or of how bad those teams were in weeks 1--3).

Still, it's an interesting stat nonetheless.

Math isn't everyone's strong point. To put a fine point on it, the OP might have said 3-3-0, acknowledging that the W's and L's could indeed be uneven if one or more games ended in a Tie after OT (if that's still even possible). :singing:
Umm, it would appear you were speaking of yourself, since the number of wins and losses will always be equal, even if there is a tie. If there were one tie, it would be 2-2-2 since each team is credited with a tie.

In December, I might indeed agree that you are right about that, but it's way too early to jump to that conclusion given that the five "victims" are a combined 5--10 (we need more time to figure out whether that's a function of how good the AFCE is or of how bad those teams were in weeks 1--3).

Still, it's an interesting stat nonetheless.
If the 5 'victims' in 6 games are 5-10, then that means they are 5-4 against everyone else, and an above average level of competition.

If the Patriots play teams that are .500 in all non-Patriot games and go 16-0 and the Jags play teams that are .500 in all non-Jag games but go 0-16, the Jags did not play a tougher schedule because their opponents were 16 games over .500 and the Patriots were 16 under.

Umm, it would appear you were speaking of yourself, since the number of wins and losses will always be equal, even if there is a tie. If there were one tie, it would be 2-2-2 since each team is credited with a tie.

Not that it matters a hoot, but, by that logic, the record would be 4-4-2, with the wins and losses for each team added together, just as the ties are added together.

2-2-1, on the other hand, reflects two wins, two losses and one tie as the outcomes of six intra-divisional games.

Either would be correct, but I think we've given that all the bandwidth it deserves. :)

Way to suck the life out of a joke. :bricks:

That said, you don't beat Atlanta and Colts in fluke games. Miami is legit: they will be our toughest competition.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back