PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Undefeated

Not that it matters a hoot, but, by that logic, the record would be 4-4-2, with the wins and losses for each team added together, just as the ties are added together.

2-2-1, on the other hand, reflects two wins, two losses and one tie as the outcomes of six intra-divisional games.

Either would be correct, but I think we've given that all the bandwidth it deserves. :)
There have been 3 games, so they couldn't be 4-4-2 that would mean they played 5 games.
They could only be 3-3, 2-2-2, 1-1-4 or 0-0-6. W/L must be equal and the total must be 6 (3 games x 2 teams = 6 results)

Jets and Bills will probably fade back...but they're better than the 2-4 win "first pick in the draft contender" status most gave them.

Dolphinsx72, what's the reaction in Dolphins land around Tannehill's play? You guys haven't had a QB in forever, are they crowning him or still not sold?

66.4 comp %, 275 yards per game, 7.7 yards per attempt, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 94.3qbr.

If Tannehill keeps that up, your team will be 11-5/12-4, and the AFC Least no longer.

I agree the Jets/Bills should regress to sub .500.

Well the issue here is you have a team that has had the same coach for 14 seasons ...

- a coach whose players hate him.

- a coach of a team who has fans on message boards that think he makes many wrong decisions.

- a head coach who forgot how to coach defense.

- a head coach who really, really, really needs a GM very, very badly.

When you have a coach like that in the division it enables the other teams in the division to be very lazy in how they run their team. When there's no superior team to target year after year ... complacency sets in.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The AFC is a strong division because of Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Bob Kraft and the team captains of the New England Patriots who set the bar very high season after season after season. The Bills, Dolphins and Jets should be thankful for it all.:D

More interesting is having 3 of the top 10 defenses, (also the NFC North has like 4 top 10 offenses.

Is this because of poor offense in the division (as well as teams outside minus ATL) or real solid D? Most likely both, but poor offense hasn't made these defenses life easier right? Fun season all around.

There have been 3 games, so they couldn't be 4-4-2 that would mean they played 5 games.
They could only be 3-3, 2-2-2, 1-1-4 or 0-0-6. W/L must be equal and the total must be 6 (3 games x 2 teams = 6 results)

What a silly direction this topic ventured off to.

I think we've given that all the time it deserves. On to the Falcons!

I'm disappointed that the AFC East is only 3-3 against itself. I'd expect them at least to be 4-2.

All the bad jokes and math aside, the original statement holds true. Its one thing to have a winning record against the rest of the league, but until a division has a winning record against itself, it really hasn't proven much.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back