PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the nfl network and Lavar Arrington just ranked the patriots defense 3rd out of the 4 defenses left and that the colts have a better defense than us right now. Then Terrell Davis said we had the worst offense out of the teams left. I just realized how much of a joke the nfl network is

nfl AM sucks. i only watched it at times to see the beautiful nicole zaloumis...since she left, so did I.lol

expect nothing less from terrell davis. he hates the patriots.

So no stork it looks like this week. Guessing the only time we see him is if we make the super bowl. Otherwise I personally think stork is done in the 14/15 season.

How big could it be if we have to do without Stork for the Colts and the SB if it gets that far?

I remember seeing some scary stats, but I could be wrong.

How big could it be if we have to do without Stork for the Colts and the SB if it gets that far?

I remember seeing some scary stats, but I could be wrong.

I could see him back for the Super Bowl. We need him. Maybe bill just gave him an extra day. But he twisted his knee well.

So no stork it looks like this week. Guessing the only time we see him is if we make the super bowl. Otherwise I personally think stork is done in the 14/15 season.

Yeah, that stinks, was hoping he would be able to play this week. At least we are not going up against a top notch defensive line this week. Hopefully, Kline and Wendell at center, will be able to hold their own.

Yeah, that stinks, was hoping he would be able to play this week. At least we are not going up against a top notch defensive line this week. Hopefully, Kline and Wendell at center, will be able to hold their own.

But the positive is; I don't think we would face anyone like a wilfork or ngata that can overpower Wendell. I don't think Seattle, colts or packers have a nt like ngata or knighton that just simply wear him down. Which is a positive. I think our problems now are faster guys that are more speed rushers. And Kline last game, even though quick passes, seemed to do a decent job at RG versus's lg where he was for the jets and bills. If we make it to the super bowl, we get a little break since bb can figure out a scheme to kind of cover up the olines weakness of stork can't return.

But first things first, gotta beat the colts first.

Neither Toler nor Davis practiced for the Colts. Both should play but I doubt they ll be 100%.

Good for us and bad for them.

Did you watch the Raven's game, our D flat out sucked for most of it. Stop being a homer.

They sucked for the first quarter and make a boneheaded mistake in the third. Coming off a bye week against a rival who plays us tough. This is a league of matchups, last week means nothing. Stop being a pessimist.

Colts are 1-5 (regular season) against top 10 offenses. Allowing 34.8 PPG against those offenses, offenses that averaged 28.1 PPG in games not played against the Colts. Allowing 31,30,13,51,42 and 42 in those games. I'm trying to figure out where the worry is coming from for some? They beat a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 1991 and a team that played like crap the last month of the season as whole, with a QB that couldn't throw a football the last 5 weeks of the season (reasons debatable).

Neither Toler nor Davis practiced for the Colts. Both should play but I doubt they ll be 100%.

Good for us and bad for them.

This pair of CBs are/were the strength of the Colt secondary. Even if back they ae doubtful to be at full strength,for the AFCCG.

IMHO this is more significant than the presence of Chandler's brother.

All one has to do is review an Indy visit to Heinz this year and see how to play the Indy secondary.

The blueprint to beating the Colts is simple - throw. Throw, throw, throw. Vontae Davis is one of the most overrated DBs in the league and while you lack an Antonio Brown on the boundary, Gronk over the middle is a mismatch.

This could be a nightmare for Indianapolis at halftime if Andy turns the ball over even once. For the Colts to really have any shot, they're going to have to play absolutely perfect on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. With that secondary and Luck's mistakes, that isn't going to happen.

I'm trying to get worried about this game but I'm just so confident. Looked up Luck's stats to try to get myself more concerned, saw Luck has 40 TDs which is nice. Looked in the Interceptions column. 16. 2 in the playoffs makes 18. He also had 13 fumbles this year. That's 29 fumbles/interceptions in 18 games.

Why the heck should I be afraid of him so much? He'll make plays but he'll also give us the football. The only way to beat us is to play turnover free ball.

Colts are 1-5 (regular season) against top 10 offenses.

I've got a ton of respect for you mgcolby. You know your stats and are a good football handicapper.

That said, everyone claimed the exact same thing last week with BAL, in terms of their 2-6 record against teams with winning records. As usual, it didn't mean ****.

Once the postseason hits, teams get hot and ride that momentum. I'm not claiming that IND will win b/c I don't believe that, but we can throw all of those worthless stats about the past right out the window.

You know yourself that the bookies don't get rich b/c everyone picks the "easy" game. They get rich b/c stuff happens that no one expects. Let's hope for a relatively easier kind of game, as I could use a break, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

nfl AM sucks. i only watched it at times to see the beautiful nicole zaloumis...since she left, so did I.lol

expect nothing less from terrell davis. he hates the patriots.

The only time people should be watching NFLN is for their documentaries or game replays. Other than that, I don't pay attention. I think they have the worst analysts and worst broadcast quality out of their competiton.

The biggest thing going for the colts is confidence. They won a game no one picked them to win and now come in again in the same situation. And the colts are 12-0 in the luck era in repeat games vs teams they have lost. They have nothing to lose on sunday reaching the AFCCG only in the 3rd yr of the luck era. Pressure is on the pats to take advantage of the opportunity. So we cant afford to start slow and fall behind and give this team more confidence. Lets hope our defense shows up to start.

Felt to me like the Colts took a page out of the Seahawks book from the Super Bowl. As soon as someone caught a short pass from Manning, a bunch of Colts defenders were all over him right away before he could get YAC. Nothing that dart after dart to a 6 foot 6 tight end can't fix.

Still weird to see the Broncos just quit on the last drive like they did.

Felt to me like the Colts took a page out of the Seahawks book from the Super Bowl. As soon as someone caught a short pass from Manning, a bunch of Colts defenders were all over him right away before he could get YAC. Nothing that dart after dart to a 6 foot 6 tight end can't fix.

Still weird to see the Broncos just quit on the last drive like they did.
They quit in November when NE beat their ass, too.

Fun to watch the 2003 Patriots take on the 2003 Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. Ty Law - 3 interceptions of Manning. I miss Gil Santos.

Fun to watch the 2003 Patriots take on the 2003 Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. Ty Law - 3 interceptions of Manning. I miss Gil Santos.

Thanks for posting. Aweome to watch this to get fired up for Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe