PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun to watch the 2003 Patriots take on the 2003 Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. Ty Law - 3 interceptions of Manning. I miss Gil Santos.

That game was amazing to be at. I was about as far back in the 300s as you could get but could see everything so perfect. All of Law's picks, Givens' TD, Wilson's hit, Rodney's INT. Loved being up there with the snow falling.

Davis (knee) and Toler (groin) limited in practice today. Maybe they won't be 100%?

The blueprint to beating the Colts is simple - throw. Throw, throw, throw. Vontae Davis is one of the most overrated DBs in the league and while you lack an Antonio Brown on the boundary, Gronk over the middle is a mismatch.

This could be a nightmare for Indianapolis at halftime if Andy turns the ball over even once. For the Colts to really have any shot, they're going to have to play absolutely perfect on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. With that secondary and Luck's mistakes, that isn't going to happen.

The Steelers just killed that secondary with formations and a great game plan.

Rarely has an NFL secondary looked that confused.

One of the best coaching and game plans in many years.

I'm so confident about this game that I'm already looking for "connects" in Arizona.

You were pretty confident of the ravens game too and that almost didn't work out ;)

Toler and vontae davis are both injured. Hopefully brady can exploit that. Neither of them practiced today with their helmets on.

Last edited:
35 and 70% chance of rain.

Hopefully for Luck and Co they play better than they did last time in those conditions. Lol They're gonna need it haha

You were pretty confident of the ravens game too and that almost didn't work out ;)
Actually I was one of the few saying that they would give us a tough and very close game. Everyone else was predicting a blow out.

I was confident we'd win in a very close game, which we did.

On this forum? Many were predicting a blow out.

And many were predicting a close game and worried about a real chance for a loss. Those of us who had concerns about that game weren't anything close to lone voices in the wilderness.

Hopefully for Luck and Co they play better than they did last time in those conditions.

Uh, no. No hopefully anywhere. I hope they play their worst game ever.

Well, I said that just for their sake. Of course we hope they handle it about the same they did last year. ;)

Honestly, I think even if they don't do bad in the conditions the Pats play well in weather and will outplay them anyways. Lol

The Colts suck so bad that this week is boring as hell. I'm tempted to bump the off season meme thread.

Don't think I won't.

This pair of CBs are/were the strength of the Colt secondary. Even if back they ae doubtful to be at full strength,for the AFCCG.

IMHO this is more significant than the presence of Chandler's brother.

Look for Tyms on some go or post routes.

I really think we could blow them out. I usually see ghosts everywhere, but we just match up to them so well!

Still need to have respect though, and do our job!

With the heavy rain foretasted...helps us out IMO over colts

Now Jerome Bettis on SportsCenter picks the Colts and says they have a "much better chance" of pulling off the upset than Green Bay does this week....

I love how a sloppy road win, against a dwindling team with an aging/hurt QB, can inflate a team. Does everyone forget that only a few weeks ago, this Colts team got DESTROYED 42-7, on the road no less, to the Cowboys?

Good grief, Sunday can't get here fast enough.

Now Jerome Bettis on SportsCenter picks the Colts and says they have a "much better chance" of pulling off the upset than Green Bay does this week....

I love how a sloppy road win, against a dwindling team with an aging/hurt QB, can inflate a team. Does everyone forget that only a few weeks ago, this Colts team got DESTROYED 42-7, on the road no less, to the Cowboys?

Good grief, Sunday can't get here fast enough.

How do the colts have a better chance at an upset? We are worse then a 1 leg Rodgers with no D?

So glad i don't watch ESPN anymore. They hire any stupid ****** that player in the league no matter how ******* dumb they are. That program is a joke

How do the colts have a better chance at an upset? We are worse then a 1 leg Rodgers with no D?

So glad i don't watch ESPN anymore. They hire any stupid ****** that player in the league no matter how ******* dumb they are. That program is a joke

ESPN has dozens of people offering opinions on these games. Given human nature, you'll find someone to take pretty much any possible position in such a case.

And, by not watching ESPN, or NFLN, you miss out on legitimate football programming. Sadly, Fox Sports has pretty much ignored the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back